Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Twitter:

Max Aaron ‏@MaxTAaron 6 Jul
    ALWAYS respect your opponent....Congratulations to the new Middle Weight Champ @ChrisWeidmanUFC ! #ufc162 #SilvavsWeidman
    I've always thought that Max is one of the most gracious and respectful young athletes that I've ever seen. And I think this tweet of his reflects that attitude. Sure, he's talking about a boxing match, but it is indicative of his overall philosophy:

ALWAYS respect your opponent.

vCash
    I really like Max. I hope he has a great Olympic season!

vCash
    Twitter:

Max Aaron ‏@MaxTAaron 5m
    I'll be doing an AMA on Reddit on Tuesday beginning at 11 a.m. ET! Looking forward to answering your questions!
    So, Max is gonna do an Ask Me Anything on Reddit...think of some good questions, y'all!

EDIT: http://www.reddit.com/

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 51m
    We'll remind you on Tuesday, looking forward to trying this! RT @MaxTAaron I'll be doing an AMA on Reddit on Tuesday beginning @ 11 a.m. ET!
    Last edited by dardar1126; 07-10-2013 at 05:52 PM.

vCash
    Twitter:

Max Aaron ‏@MaxTAaron 42s
    Had fun today showing @CherylPreheim some of my moves on ice and in the weight room. Thank you so much @9NEWS !
    Pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BO2j_jcCIAAp0hP.jpg

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 8m
    great day with @CherylPreheim shooting pre-Olympic features with @agneszawadzki @MaxTAaron ! Thanks @9NEWS
    Pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BO2haLdCcAEyBME.jpg
    Dang, check out how huge his thighs are getting!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Twitter:

They look disproportional to his lower body though

vCash
    Twitter: This is from the reporter mentioned in the previous tweet...

Cheryl Preheim ‏@CherylPreheim 11 Jul
    It was great to see you again. Awesome watching you skate..and lift 287 lbs. Geesh! @MaxTAaron @9NEWS
    287 lbs!?! WOW!!

vCash

vCash
    I just posted an interview link in the Chicago benefit show thread in GSD that includes glimpses of Max and scenes of him having fun with the audience at the end of the 6-minute video: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3955356
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Twitter:

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 37m
    . @MaxTAaron will be hosting an AmA (Ask me Anything) on @reddit tomorrow beginning at 11 a.m. ET. We'll post the link tomorrow!

vCash
    Twitter:

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 3m
    Want to ask U.S. champion @MaxTAaron anything? Sign up, log in and ask away! @reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...igure_skating/
    Pic: http://i.imgur.com/rQWfR6l.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Not quite to the level of track cyclist thighs: http://www.smh.com.au/olympics/cycli...806-23ocs.html
    (Possibly NSFW? Shows men's underwear.)

vCash
    Highlights from Max's REDDIT AMA: (see above link for full transcript)

On training regime/preparation:

A normal workout day for me:
    I do a short cardio session in the morning as a warmup and then I skate four 45-minute sessions. After that I'll go to the gym where I spend a lot of time doing explosive lifting (cleans, jerks, snatch, squats and some plyometrics) and then I end with a very intense cardio session. After that I'll head to rehab to protect against injuries.

I spend a lot of time with my psychologist and we go through a lot of the things that could happen at an event so I am ready for anything.

I try and prepare myself so that there are no nerves. I enjoy figure skating so much, so why be nervous to do something you love. Life is too short to let nerves get in the way.

I have been trying to keep everything the same. What I did last year worked for me so I am hoping to keep training as hard as I can.

My diet consists of high-protein and low-carbs. I put a lot of effort into maintaining my diet.

(Faith and family are very important to him...see transcript.)

On skating:

I think last year's programs were definitely on the masculine side, but I think there were a lot of artistic elements while I was playing a character along with following the music. I have been working hard to find a nice balance between being athletic and artistic for this year's programs.

Thanks! I try not to let anything phase me, I feel like I am trained and ready for anything to happen. Sometimes you only get one opportunity in life and I wasn't going to let that affect me [hitting the boards at Worlds].

Favorite jump: Triple Axel
    Favorite non-jump element: Footwork, especially for this year.

I'm taking things day by day. My short-term goal is to make the 2014 Olympic Team, but 2018 is definitely a long-term goal of mine.

I do plan to compete prior to my GP assignments, but I'm going to wait to announce where I will be competing.

The choreo is planned by my choreographers, Pasquale Camerlengo and Lori Nichol, but we work together to make sure it looks correct for me to do it.

The outfits are custom-made and I have a hand in designing them to go along with my music. I think people want to keep everyone on their toes and changing their costume is one way to do it.

Thanks for your support of figure skating and I always try and make time to meet my fans!
    Hopefully you can expect to see two clean performances!

The most common pet peeve for me are when holes aren't patched on the ice properly because it's really easy to twist an ankle and get seriously injured.
    I try not to be picky because I'm always on other people's ice and I just go with it

I skated before and after school, I did go to public school my entire life.
    I took my sports very seriously and no one disrespected me because they saw how hard I was working.

If I make the [Olympic] team I'd love to compete in the team event. It's another opportunity to win an Olympic medal.

That is true that dance lessons can improve your skating if used in the right way. I have been doing both ballet and ballroom dance for a while and as I became more mature I began to enjoy them in their own way. I tried to perform them in the studio like it was a competition.

I look forward to competing against the best athletes in the sport, I'm always up for a challenge.

I am trying to keep this a secret for as long as I can [SP music], I am trying to build some suspense and that everyone enjoys both programs.
    The free skate is going well and is definitely different for me and a step in the right direction.

When I was 15 I was doing all my triple jumps except for the Axel. My spins were alright, I don't think I was a great spinner when I was younger.

The quad Sal took me a couple months to land my first one.

I think it's important to be fair and clean in any sport. I don't think they're [performance-enhancing drugs] very prevalent in my sport, but I am all about being clean and having a level playing-field.

Misc:

Fave hockey team = Detroit Red Wings

Fave female skaters = Gracie Gold , Michelle Kwan, Ashley Wagner, Sarah and Emily Hughes and rink-mate Agnes Zawadzki.

Fave pizza toppings = Pepperoni & Cheese

Fave dinosaur = I have to go with the T-Rex, who I consider the most dominant dinosaur.

Other sports = As I grew up, I played a lot of sports, but I fell in love with figure skating but I still love playing a lot of other sports. Hockey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7NlB...W-5h3O_bynaGxA
    But also basketball, baseball and gymnastics.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 07-17-2013 at 12:47 AM.

vCash
    After listening to his TSL podcast a while back I have been wanting to make a positive comment about his interview. It was so nice to hear someone speak without saying "Like" and "Um" a million times between every few words! This is a good skill to have in the business world when you need to pass courses, earn a living, etc. Nice job to Max and his parents/teachers.

vCash
    Twitter:

Max Aaron ‏@MaxTAaron 1h
    Thank you for the great questions on @reddit ! I apologize that I couldn't answer everyone's questions. Hope to have the opportunity again!

vCash
    Twitter:

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 1h
    The June/July digital edition of SKATING magazine has been posted. #DestinationSochi http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2013/...ejuly-issue-2/
    Max content:

Pg 3 -- Pic in Table of Contents

Pg 7 -- Mention in NBC promo shoot article

Pgs 10 -- Pic in Governing Council Gala article

Pgs 14-15 -- World Team Trophy article (w/pic)

Pgs 30-31 -- Pic in Sochi article

Pg 46 -- Pic in Boston2014 ad

Back page -- Pic in icenetwork.com ad
    Last edited by dardar1126; 07-18-2013 at 01:10 AM.

vCash
    Finally got to read the whole Q&A - loved it. Yay, Max!

vCash
    Twitter:

Max Aaron ‏@MaxTAaron 1m
    Getting ready to compete in my first ballroom competition! Beyond excited!
    That's freaking AWESOME! He is really taking his dancing lessons seriously. What kind of dance I wonder? Please let it be TANGO!

EDIT:

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 9m
    Well, how'd it go?? RT @MaxTAaron Getting ready to compete in my first ballroom competition! Beyond excited!
    EDIT2:

PIC: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...55451922_n.jpg
    Last edited by dardar1126; 07-20-2013 at 04:12 PM.

vCash
    Twitter:

Jayne and Chris
    @torvillanddean
    Max. I have been working with him for a few weeks now.
    3:22 p.m. Thu, Jul 18
    Pic: https://mobile.twitter.com/torvillan...03846615801857

A new mystery!

vCash

vCash
    Fun pix! Thanks dardar!

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast