Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash

here we go again....

Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    Purely out of attractiveness, I would love to see S/K, Y/R and Donlan/Speroff do well. I always wonder why American male pair skaters all have this bald irish woodworker look. I still can't tell Coughlin, Ladwig and Barrett apart it's ridiculous.

I miss Keauna and Rockne. I really liked them.
    Yep cause thats what's gonna get us 3 spots in Sochi...Hot Guys!! BTW wouldn't hold your breath to see Y/R any time soon.

Well we can all have a sigh of relief, Rockne is here to save the day for US pairs! Lets ignore the battlefield littered with the "dead Soldiers" of both Lindsay's and Rockne's past partners...I'm sure they will get along great!

2014 US Nats:

D/C for the easy win

C/S, S/K, Z/B, D/B literally battling for the scraps, It's going down in Boston Ya'll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonavan View Post
    Well we can all have a sigh of relief, Rockne is here to save the day for US pairs! Lets ignore the battlefield littered with the "dead Soldiers" of both Lindsay's and Rockne's past partners...I'm sure they will get along great!

2014 US Nats: D/C for the easy win
    Remind me again how many partners John Coughlin has had, and how his current partnership came about?

D/C may well win the US title next season, but if they win easily, that won't speak well as to the standard of the event.

BTW, the poster to whom you responded did not suggest that sending better looking guys to Worlds will result in better placements for US pairs, only that it'll be more aesthetically pleasing for her to watch.

vCash
    this bald irish woodworker look.
    Manly, yes, but we like it, too.

vCash
    I'm predicting D/C will not have an easy time winning. I'm betting the fight for the title will be fierce next season.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    IMO, we have a lot of promising young teams coming along. Here's hoping they just don't break their partnerships in the next few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    Manly, yes, but we like it, too.
    Thank you for the memories. That made me smile.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    I'm predicting D/C will not have an easy time winning. I'm betting the fight for the title will be fierce next season.
    I agree.

I think there are a number of young Pairs who are stylistically compatible and in similar places in their careers. If personal relationships continue to go well or don't but are handled gracefully, going into the next Olympic cycle, it could be the deepest group of pairs we've had in a long time.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    What do you all think are the chances that a U.S pair could medal at worlds before 2018?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I think first things first: what are the chances that US pairs could qualify three teams by 2018? I think those odds are better than a medal, but, on the other hand, T/T surprised everyone last year.

I think a lot depends on who retires. In 2013-14, I'd expect some faux retires to stay, the ones who say that Sochi is/is probably the end, but think that the field is open for them to win an elusive title or medal and stay on. There are a lot of permutations for what happens if P/T, S/S, and V/T stay/don't stay, but I'd expect D/R, B/L, maybe S/K depending on what happens with V/T and K/S after 2014, to be fighting for the podium post-Sochi, with M-T/M and B/H right behind them. If B/L really go to Vasiliev, and they're healthy, they will be well-oiled machines by the time they get to 2018, with her grace enhanced by their greater consistency. (Hopefully, Vasiliev has gotten over his Marton phase.).
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    I always wonder why American male pair skaters all have this bald irish woodworker look. I still can't tell Coughlin, Ladwig and Barrett apart it's ridiculous.
    This made me
    I know exactly what you are talking about. Might I add Baldwin to the list...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    This made me
    I know exactly what you are talking about. Might I add Baldwin to the list...
    You took the words right out of my mouth!

Best of luck to the new pair!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    What do you all think are the chances that a U.S pair could medal at worlds before 2018?
    Pretty good. If we assume that Volosozhar/Trankov, Savchenko/Szolkowy and Pang/Tong all retire after Sochi, I think there's definitely a better chance that some U.S. teams can have international success during the next quad -- perhaps even a world medal. Not that it will be easy, but much more likely than it will be this season or next.

I'm excited for the Lindsay/Rockne partnership! I really liked him with Mary Beth, but I think he and Lindsay will be able to do a wider range of programs and styles.

vCash
    Certainly good if pairs stay together and remain relatively injury free!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    If you guys dislike Caydee's skating, wait till you closely watch Davis. Don't mean to be overly critical, but Rockne is a much better and prettier skater than Lindsay. You can't have a team where the guy is the star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    If you guys dislike Caydee's skating, wait till you closely watch Davis. Don't mean to be overly critical, but Rockne is a much better and prettier skater than Lindsay. You can't have a team where the guy is the star.
    I don't always agree with your comments...but on this you are spot on. Just wondering why no one else has seemed to comment about this? She is very blocky and no pointed toes or stretched pair lift positions and I understand there are some issues there. IN this case the guy will be the star and you are right it doesn't work...the girl is the photo the guy the frame or it is an unbalanced pair period.

I don't usually comment on body's and girls especially pair skaters because I think it is horrible to make a girl be "thin" or a certain way to be a good pair...but I have seen that Caitlin has lost sooo much weight recently and that Gretchen and Andrew when they first started the first year to the second year how much weight she lost...I just worry they will focus on Lindsey being pair girl "thin" and it worries me...she has a gymnast body not super thin and it does affect her lines on the ice. I just worry for her future albeit premature...I just hope it does not happen or there is some expectation she will morph into a super thin partner..instead of embracing her natural frame...

Hopefully they make it work and rather than it just gelling quick and being comfortable you look for line, and a look that is enhancing in nature..that creates emotion not just within but from others and I don't see it with this team..but hope I am wrong.

vCash
    SCIMECA AND KNIERIM!

vCash
    I like S/K as much as anyone, but I've followed them both on various social media sites and I just have no hope that they'll stay together past the end of their romantic relationship. They just seem very young, in love and impulsive.

Hopefully Davis/Brubaker are entering into this relationship as two adults with very similar goals and expectations, but reading this icenetwork article didn't fill me with hope. I get the feeling, just reading between the lines, that if they don't make the Olympic team next year, or at the very least have an amazing season and perhaps fall just short, they won't continue together for another season or another 4 years. That's a lot of pressure to put on a first year partnership.

vCash
    [QUOTE=reese;3844101]I like S/K as much as anyone, but I've followed them both on various social media sites and I just have no hope that they'll stay together past the end of their romantic relationship. They just seem very young, in love and impulsive.

SO if their romantic relationship doesn't end?? guess that means they will be together their whole career...yea! I wonder if people said this about G and G and other teams that dated/marriage...just wondering...If they are successful I doubt a romantic relationship will stand in their way of career, shows, and Olympics...on and on...I believe that is what holds many other previous successful teams together after their relationships end but somehow they still perform together...

I also don't know about very young...if they were 18 and 20 maybe...in love totally ( I follow them on social media too..sometimes sickening sweet) as far as impulsive hmm they seem pretty dedicated, focused, and obviously successful and meant to be...not sure what you mean by impulsive....

That said who knows?? really they have a worst chance then other teams that are together less than a full season ..with musical pairs I think that maybe just maybe because they are dating it will keep them together longer than other teams it certainly can't be worse...like you said if D/B are not UBER successful in their first season poof!! I doubt they will stay together...not sure S/K have a less chance then them...but in life there are no guarantees I guess. I think with pairs if anything it gives them an advantage because they are more invested in caring about the persons happiness but more than that their success together is worth more and it is business on the ice...but...it certainly can't be worse than the musical pairs we have now....I just think that it didn't hurt Innue and Baldwin's chances...of longevity..but who knows just seems slightly one sided to think it hurts their chances of longevity when someone like D/B may not work at all cause they don't do well in competition in their first 10 months together...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by figureit View Post
    I don't always agree with your comments...but on this you are spot on. Just wondering why no one else has seemed to comment about this? She is very blocky and no pointed toes or stretched pair lift positions and I understand there are some issues there. IN this case the guy will be the star and you are right it doesn't work...the girl is the photo the guy the frame or it is an unbalanced pair period.

I don't usually comment on body's and girls especially pair skaters because I think it is horrible to make a girl be "thin" or a certain way to be a good pair...but I have seen that Caitlin has lost sooo much weight recently and that Gretchen and Andrew when they first started the first year to the second year how much weight she lost...I just worry they will focus on Lindsey being pair girl "thin" and it worries me...she has a gymnast body not super thin and it does affect her lines on the ice. I just worry for her future albeit premature...I just hope it does not happen or there is some expectation she will morph into a super thin partner..instead of embracing her natural frame...

Hopefully they make it work and rather than it just gelling quick and being comfortable you look for line, and a look that is enhancing in nature..that creates emotion not just within but from others and I don't see it with this team..but hope I am wrong.
    figureit and johndockley92, this is what I was hinting at earlier! Sad to say but I really don't see her potential at all, especially compared to Keauna. I know there is apparently no one else available but I felt he really rushed into his partnership with Marley, who was ridiculously young for him and now Davis?? Really?

vCash
    YAY! Rockne is back! That's all I have to add.
    Team Peeps!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast