Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kostner #1 Fan
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Alena Leonova wins Russian competition ( possible 3rd Worlds spot decider )

    Alena Leonova just won cup of russia which most likely means she will receive the 3rd spot at Worlds.

    She beat main competitor Nicole Gosviani who was almost awarded the spot

    http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1213/crfinal/SEG014.HTM

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kostner #1 Fan
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Here is the video of her FS http://youtu.be/m3cyOeTIbdQ

    She competed with last seasons long program

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatt #1
    Posts
    118
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yay! Although with the current field of ladies I really dont see any 3rd Russian Lady breaking top ten unless she skates both programs clean!

    This is my prediction with Leonova.....

    1. Yuna Kim
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Carolina Kostner
    4. Akiko Suzuki
    5. Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
    6. Ashley Wagner
    7. Kanako Murakami
    8. Adelina Sotnikova
    9. Kiira Korpi
    10. Valentina Marchei
    11. Gracie Gold
    12. Alena Leonova
    13. Zijun Li
    14. Kaetlyn Osmond

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I guess its almost certain she gets the last spot ?
    Gosviani bombed and she would get lower pcs than Alena

    Leonova skated her best FS this season I guess.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,457
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2860
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater91 View Post
    Yay! Although with the current field of ladies I really dont see any 3rd Russian Lady breaking top ten unless she skates both programs clean!

    This is my prediction with Leonova.....

    1. Yuna Kim
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Carolina Kostner
    4. Akiko Suzuki
    5. Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
    6. Ashley Wagner
    7. Kanako Murakami
    8. Adelina Sotnikova
    9. Kiira Korpi
    10. Valentina Marchei
    11. Gracie Gold
    12. Alena Leonova
    13. Zijun Li
    14. Kaetlyn Osmond
    Marchei above Gold, Leonova and Osmond lol??

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Skateland
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Did you see Marchei's two programs at recent Euros? She is extraordinarily great and consistent, compared to those three.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,292
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3358
    It's important that Leonova beat gosviani on tes. Agafanova got higher Tes then both of them (of eligibles).

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,457
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2860
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Did you see Marchei's two programs at recent Euros? She is extraordinarily great and consistent, compared to those three.
    Oh please, Ive know Valentina longer than most on this board but its taken her almost 10years to put programmes like that together. Inconsistent, she definitely is not. Osmond won the first GP she ever entered, Leonova is the world silver medal winner and Gold's free at US nationals was the best jumping display I have ever seen bar Harding (and that includes Ito and kim).

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,616
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    i just watched gosviani's programme (haven't watched leonova's yet) - not as bad as i thought. She just singled the axel and opened up on the double toe loop at the end of the triple toe-double toe combo. I'm so sad for gosviani but wish Leonova the best in Canada

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    18
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    Oh please, Ive know Valentina longer than most on this board but its taken her almost 10years to put programmes like that together. Inconsistent, she definitely is not. Osmond won the first GP she ever entered, Leonova is the world silver medal winner and Gold's free at US nationals was the best jumping display I have ever seen bar Harding (and that includes Ito and kim).
    Hey, let's take it easy. Someone else's predictions might or might not agree with your own, but that's life

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sending positive thoughts to Mirai..
    Posts
    3,719
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Alena Leonova just won cup of russia which most likely means she will receive the 3rd spot at Worlds.

    She beat main competitor Nicole Gosviani who was almost awarded the spot

    http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1213/crfinal/SEG014.HTM
    Congrats to Alena. I thought she was almost out of it due to her sixth place finish in the SP-but she came roaring back!

    I'm curious about Nicole Gosviani's heritage. Her name doesn't sound very Russian.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Getting drunk with Athos
    Posts
    5,008
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33935
    Thanks for the update...are protocols available anywhere? I didn't see any linked on the event page. http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1213/crfinal/index.htm

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,393
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater91 View Post
    Yay! Although with the current field of ladies I really dont see any 3rd Russian Lady breaking top ten unless she skates both programs clean!

    This is my prediction with Leonova.....

    1. Yuna Kim
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Carolina Kostner
    4. Akiko Suzuki
    5. Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
    6. Ashley Wagner
    7. Kanako Murakami
    8. Adelina Sotnikova
    9. Kiira Korpi
    10. Valentina Marchei
    11. Gracie Gold
    12. Alena Leonova
    13. Zijun Li
    14. Kaetlyn Osmond
    I think Leonova has the ability to place a bit better than 12th place if she skates well, and I guess they switched to her previous season's lp because she wasn't having any success with this season's.

    Also, remember that Worlds is being held in Canada, and if Kaetlyn Osmond skates decently, she will certainly land much higher than 14th place.

    As far as the U.S. ladies, I think Ashley definitely has the potential to beat Liza (she's already beaten her this season), and if any of the top four ladies falter, Ashley could possibly squeeze in to repeat at 4th and potentially could make the podium, skating lights out with no mistakes.

    If Gracie brings it in both programs and doesn't falter under nerves, she could place 8th or 9th. She's certainly better overall than Korpi and Marchei.

    The placements could be in any order, but on the basis of potential, of World setting dynamics, plus who has been competing all season:

    Mao
    Yu Na
    Akiko
    Kostner
    Ashley
    Liza
    Murakami
    Gold
    Sotnikova
    Osmond
    Leonova
    Korpi
    Zijun
    Marchei

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,424
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Compared to the others, I don't think Marchei has the base technical content to be assured of top 10 this year - as it is, her placement at 2013 Worlds may not matter as much if there isn't a 3rd Italian lady who can meet the minimum TES requirements...

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatt #1
    Posts
    118
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    Marchei above Gold, Leonova and Osmond lol??
    For me, after Kanako I think they could be in any order. They have all showed that they are inconsistent. However after Euros and 4CC and other performances this season, I think she is most likely to pull it together. My point was though that either way I don't see Leonova doing to well....

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,986
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm suprised at how high everyone is putting Akiko. She's skated okay all season, but hasn't exactly had an extraordinary free skate all season. She is one of my favorites though and I would love to see her do well.

    But honestly, this is going to be some world championships... I don't think we've had nearly the same caliber of skaters since 2007 Worlds.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    1,516
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    Compared to the others, I don't think Marchei has the base technical content to be assured of top 10 this year - as it is, her placement at 2013 Worlds may not matter as much if there isn't a 3rd Italian lady who can meet the minimum TES requirements...
    Roberta Rodeghiero has already met both World min TES scores.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,470
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I hope Leonova gets sent. If not, what was the point of holding the skate-off?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    Oh please, Ive know Valentina longer than most on this board but its taken her almost 10years to put programmes like that together. Inconsistent, she definitely is not. Osmond won the first GP she ever entered, Leonova is the world silver medal winner and Gold's free at US nationals was the best jumping display I have ever seen bar Harding (and that includes Ito and kim).
    That's the only strong program Gold has skated all season, though.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Infected with the joy of skating!!
    Posts
    10,551
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14026
    Akiko had a brilliant long program at 4cc. She seems to have broken out of her slump.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,158
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4049
    That peacock dress worries me.. im so superstitious...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •