Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    2sk8, I don't think most of the negativity in this thread was about the blades themselves, but more about the website. Personally, after being on that thing two seconds I would never buy these blades even if they could magically give me triples and make me a cup of tea. Badmouthing other companies? Not a good PR tactic. Claiming you're the only person to have ever used science in figure skating? Pig-headed arrogance. Making genuine factual errors about your competitors' blades (ie claiming that most of them are carbon steel and yours are stainless, when in actual fact the vast majority of blades a stainless) does not make you look good, only stupid. The basic grammatical errors put me off. And the prices...yeah, well, keep on dreaming mate.

And there are other things that concern me. The guy claims that his company knows about figure skating...and then proceeds to say "quick turns are bad turns". No, mate. Just no.
    Exactly. People read their website, and there is NOTHING to make an unbiased observer rush out and buy these blades. There are no testimonials from anyone, let alone "name" skaters and coaches. The website is poorly written, making the company either look amateur or just too cheap to hire a real web designer and content writer. They clearly don't know much about their would-be competitors' blades (re carbon vs. stainless.)

vCash
    Well, it isn't up to me to defend someone's web site! Again, I note the initial question was about actual experience, which is what I attempted to provide - that is obviously a different factor than review of written information. I can also say that the rep for the blades was at large summer competitions in the US, and was quite pleasant and knowledgeable, nothing at all like what is being taken from review of the web site. So, while I wouldn't recommend anyone rush out to buy any given blade, I do think it is worth looking beyond the web site - that is what I was hoping to give.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Except most consumers won't. Nice to hear they're not crap, but the website gives them impression they will be. No one wants to buy something from a vendor who doesn't know the market (a big turnoff is trashing their competitors while getting basic facts about their competitors' products wrong. Either the company doesn't know the market or they're blatantly lying on their web site. Neither is attractive or makes me want to trust them with tons of money.)

vCash
    Thanks 2sk8! While I agree with the comments about the website, I truly was looking for a review from someone who has experience with the blades..............they are coming recommended to us by a number of high level coaches........Thank you all for the lively discussion!!

vCash
    You are more than welcome. Just heard another positive comment the other day from a coach who has had numerous skaters at Nationals over the years. I think they are worth a try - good luck to your skater either way!

vCash
    Since I ask about the blades I thought I would follow up with my daughter's opinion.

Well, so far so good. Today was her first day in new boots with the new blades. Skated for 2 1/2 hours in them and says she loves them. They are not as light weight as we would have liked but no heavier than her old MK Pro blades and they are definitely a step or two up from those. Her spins were faster and all her doubles were great. Will move on to double double combinations tomorrow and see how those go! As of today she is really happy with the blade..........we will see how the next few weeks go! She did get acquainted with the toe pick a few times as it is bigger than she is use to

vCash
    Looks dodgy to me. The stills of jumps on the homepage are taken (without attribution) from a Youtube video; look at this point in the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...hUW441fo#t=30s It's the exact same images. Also, the blades in the video don't appear to be these "skatescience" blades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny_Hop View Post
    Looks dodgy to me. The stills of jumps on the homepage are taken (without attribution) from a Youtube video; look at this point in the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...hUW441fo#t=30s It's the exact same images. Also, the blades in the video don't appear to be these "skatescience" blades.
    Well spotted - I think you're right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    2sk8, I don't think most of the negativity in this thread was about the blades themselves, but more about the website. Personally, after being on that thing two seconds I would never buy these blades even if they could magically give me triples and make me a cup of tea. Badmouthing other companies? Not a good PR tactic. Claiming you're the only person to have ever used science in figure skating? Pig-headed arrogance. Making genuine factual errors about your competitors' blades (ie claiming that most of them are carbon steel and yours are stainless, when in actual fact the vast majority of blades a stainless) does not make you look good, only stupid. The basic grammatical errors put me off. And the prices...yeah, well, keep on dreaming mate.

And there are other things that concern me. The guy claims that his company knows about figure skating...and then proceeds to say "quick turns are bad turns". No, mate. Just no.
    I'm with you on this. These blades are just another variation on a theme. "Technology" is the new buzzword to use in skating to make everything seem oh-so-trendy (and to make it seem that you're hopelessly untrendy if you don't buy them)--except that the physics of skating don't change over time, and the time-tested blades still work just fine. The "technology" is more in the manufacturing process than anything that will affect the skater. (My personal time-tested preference: the Wilson Pattern 99 in the old-fashioned carbon steel. But that's just me. It works and if it ain't broke...)

But blades are a personal preference; if someone skates better on them, great. But the dude is indeed arrogant.

And yes, if you're serious about your product, you will be serious about your web site. ALWAYS use a proofreader.

However, if the blades made me a good cuppa just the way I like it, I may consider (black, two sugars, please.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12