Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    PML at Ride of the Valkyries as they take off on the jet skis.

I would love to do that helmet challenge, even with the stingrays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Is it just me or does the one hockey brother look like Prince William when you look at him quickly? Each time they show him my first impression is wow, that's just like Wills...
    Too funny! At the mat they referenced this. Even funnier since "prince William " didn't have his teeth in.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    dave and connor are awesome racers even with that mistake. I hope Dave didn't rupture his Achilles tendon. That would suck. The twinnie doctors are pathetic. I like Chuck and Wynona. Bless her. She's hanging in as best as she can.

I am not sad they're out.
    Last edited by rfisher; 02-25-2013 at 02:01 AM.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    These guys are so not TWINNIES!

vCash
    Haha!!No, not TWINNIES at all. Not sad to see them go.

If I was going to apply to be on Amazing Race, I'd be practicing my swimming, climbing, running, manual driving, geography skills and going out to as many ethnic restaurants as i could find!! It boggles my mind how many teams come unprepared after all this time!!!

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I couldn't believe how long it took the twins to decide to do the other detour. They were talking taking the penalty before even checking it out. Well-deserved loss.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    WHY DO YOU COME ON THE AMAZING RACE IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF WATER????
    WHY WOULD YOU GO ON THE AMAZING RACE (let alone enter any race) WHEN JOGGING UP A TINY HILL IS MADE TO SEEM LIKE CLIMBING MT. EVEREST? (This means you, gay-slurring country bumpkins....)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Someone asked Phil if he was surprised that people would go on the show if they couldn't swim, and he said yes, but not as surprised as he is about people who can't drive a shift.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    gay-slurring
    Wait? I must have missed that, what did they say?

(However, interesting that you then resort to negative name calling of them...)

vCash
    Is it just me or does the one hockey brother look like Prince William when you look at him quickly? Each time they show him my first impression is wow, that's just like Wills... but of course that changes when you look at him longer.
    Yes, Anthony does look like Prince William when you first look at him real quick like. And when he has his fake teeth in. He even admits to people telling him so in his bio interview on the CBS site. Really like him and his brother. Don't seem all that obnoxious and seem to get along well with each other and the other teams.

I really have no comment on the doctors coming on TAR without being able to swim. Obviously they have never watched the show before! And why didn't they change tasks right away!?!

And I wonder if production gave Pam & Winnie a hint that they were in danger of going out to sea? Lucky for them they still aren't wandering around the south pacific! Tough leg for them and they were only saved by the docs not changing tasks right off the bat.

vCash
    I'll never understand teams that don't prepare/have the basic skillset for TAR after all these seasons.
    How could the Dr's believe that they would be successful, with all their "issues".

vCash
    I believe I read somewhere that the Doctors were recruited ie they aren't fans of the show. As someone who works with medical students and residents every day I can see how the last 10+ years of their medical training they didn't have alot of free time to be watching TV so they might have not known just how much swimming/diving comes to play in the race. Or they thought it would be like last season where the syncro swimming detour was combined with the library one, a task firmly on ground.

That still doesn't excuse them from bleeding time with (1) arguing over quitting and (2) not switching tasks. I do think this is where not being fans of the show came into major play; any fan knows that if you see one detour option as a major hurdle, look into the 2nd one ASAP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    I believe I read somewhere that the Doctors were recruited ie they aren't fans of the show.
    I do not understand why in the world TAR "recruits" contestants when I'm sure there are plenty of teams who would love to be on the show but are turned down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    I do not understand why in the world TAR "recruits" contestants when I'm sure there are plenty of teams who would love to be on the show but are turned down.

Yeah, plus I can't imagine they were anything but duds in the per-selection interviews.

vCash
    I don't understand people who go on The Amazin Race without first learning to read a map.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Quitting a detour should still be a 24 hour penalty, six is too light. Helmet diving might be scary but it requires NO swimming skill.
    AMEN!! I think it should be 24 just to make sure people don't manipulate the penalty because taking the penalty saves more time than doing the task when its only 4 hours (due to waiting for attractions to open, waiting for flights, etc). I could live with a 12 hour penalty, but 4 hours is just way too short. There is really no consequence when you think about it. Look at those two teams who took it last week. They were down to only a 1.5 hour difference by doing nothing since the water taxi didn't open until 7:30a. And the fact that the Twins were willing to give up so easily at first. If they would have, with that measly little 4 hour penalty, there was a very good chance they they have survived some of those teams who actually did all of the challenges. Another reason why 4 hours is much too short. Minimum should be 12.

And why do you go on TAR without at least learning some basic swimming skills! How many times do we see that? You know there are going to be water challenges!! You can't really get over a fear of heights (and if I had that, I would just close my eyes, say God please don't let me die, and just do it!), but you can do something about the swimming. Take some lessons! The minute I started the application process, I would start taking swimming lessons and learn to drive a stick shift, just on the off chance I might make it. I can swim enough now to keep from drowning, but I sure as hell would be at the pool every day taking lessons if I planned on trying to get on this show. And I can't drive a stick, another thing I would be learning the minute I turned in an application.

But man that stilts challenge ! My feet hurt just watching that!! I woulda been in serious trouble if I had to do that challenge. That looked painful!

vCash
    I did not watch until today, had to watch the Oscars.
    The twins, as I can't use any caps. Yes it was dumb about debating (plus I agree about the lack of swmming ability) which task to do and lose time, but they way they did the clams!!!! One clam at a time.
    I thought the You Tubes had a good method, the guy just kept getting them while she opened them, and other teams grabbing fast!
    To the twins - this was not surgery- why be so cautious and careful.
    I don't see Mullet and Wynona, Winnie and Pam(?) lasting much longer.
    Matt & Katie - seemed too focused on the other team and should just concentrate on getting their task done.
    Hate to see a team go out do to injury. Will be interesting if they do, the scrambling for 'their' express pass could be entertaining for us. You just know the minute they leave that is what the other teams from the 'alliance' will be working on.
    Phil - underwater - so fun!
    I want to go to Bora Bora - just beautiful
    I do enjoy how they show some pretty intelligent, professionally successful players, yet they lack 'common sense'.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    WHY DO YOU COME ON THE AMAZING RACE IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF WATER????
    If I was going to apply to be on Amazing Race, I'd be practicing my swimming, climbing, running, manual driving, geography skills and going out to as many ethnic restaurants as i could find!! It boggles my mind how many teams come unprepared after all this time!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    WHY WOULD YOU GO ON THE AMAZING RACE (let alone enter any race) WHEN JOGGING UP A TINY HILL IS MADE TO SEEM LIKE CLIMBING MT. EVEREST? (This means you, gay-slurring country bumpkins....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Someone asked Phil if he was surprised that people would go on the show if they couldn't swim, and he said yes, but not as surprised as he is about people who can't drive a shift.
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I'll never understand teams that don't prepare/have the basic skillset for TAR after all these seasons.
    How could the Dr's believe that they would be successful, with all their "issues".
    I attended a seminar a while back that covered the Dunning-Kruger Effect and all the examples that were used came from reality television .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Wait? I must have missed that, what did they say?

(However, interesting that you then resort to negative name calling of them...)
    Wynona said something about Joey like "we got beat by Richard Simmons with the flaming short and kneehigh socks". Although Chuck was a much better sport as he high-fived Joey. (By the way, is "country bumpkin" a very offensive term from where you come from? )
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    It´s obvious to me the brothers have had swimming lessons. They wouldn't be able to do the little they did without having any. But their ability was limited and they likely only spent time in a pool. They could tread water but were unable to dive down under water. I think fear played a lot into that and open water is scarier than being in a nice sanitized pool. What they probably never really practiced in their lessons was diving for toys at the bottom of a pool. People should add that to their list of skills to practice in the future

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast