Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    Thank goodness the boring firemen are gone. Although I would have been fine with Team Country going as well.

Other than that not too much to dislike about the teams so far. I know Team Doctor Twinnies were a bit whiny, but I was when one of them mumbled "Bitches!" when Team Youtube got the sandcastle clue.

Maybe we could get a vBet going on whether Dad of Team Cancer will cry once each episode.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    I was wondering why none of them did this- I mean I'm sure the water is warm and it would be a temporary reprieve, but I have to think it would have helped. Maybe it wasn't allowed? I was recently in SE Asia and it was F-ing hot, so I can only imagine how brutal 3 hours in that hot sun would be. Heat stroke can sneak up on you and before you even get to that point you can still feel pretty terrible.
    Per Phil on twitter, they could have jumped in the water but he says that people often don't think clearly under pressure and after "baking in the sun"
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I missed a bit coming back from commercial break when those last 3 teams were still at the sandcastles. Who suggested they all quit and take the penalty first? Were the firemen completely beaten to the mat, still in the water when the other teams checked in?

Because the firemen could have turned the canoe around and tried to complete the sandcastles for another hour or two...they could've tried to bypass the four hour penalty, once the other two teams had definitely taken it, right?

vCash
    I don't think they are allowed to reverse a decision to forfeit...they announced it to the camera, received the clue and took the penalty. There was no going back at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer11 View Post
    I missed a bit coming back from commercial break when those last 3 teams were still at the sandcastles. Who suggested they all quit and take the penalty first? Were the firemen completely beaten to the mat, still in the water when the other teams checked in?

Because the firemen could have turned the canoe around and tried to complete the sandcastles for another hour or two...they could've tried to bypass the four hour penalty, once the other two teams had definitely taken it, right?
    It was the eville newly weds, Max & Katie that started the whole "lets all take the penalty". Both the blondes and firemen jumped right in and agreed.

And Spareoom is right, once the firemen announced to the camera that they were taking the penalty and got the clue, they could not go back to the sandcastles ie no changing their minds once they saw they were last in the water. And yes they were in the water still when the blondes checked in right after Max & Katie.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Maybe they have to get up at 5am, go to the start mat...and then sit and wait there for four hours! And the clock doesn't start until they hit that start mat (and stay on it for four hours).

oooohhhh that's . I LOVE IT!!!

I hope that is what ends up happening so they can't sit in comfort in their hotel room. Make 'em sit out in the heat right at The Mat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    It was the eville newly weds, Max & Katie that started the whole "lets all take the penalty". Both the blondes and firemen jumped right in and agreed.

And Spareoom is right, once the firemen announced to the camera that they were taking the penalty and got the clue, they could not go back to the sandcastles ie no changing their minds once they saw they were last in the water. And yes they were in the water still when the blondes checked in right after Max & Katie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    I don't think they are allowed to reverse a decision to forfeit...they announced it to the camera, received the clue and took the penalty. There was no going back at that point.
    Thanks for catching me up. I thought they could've changed their minds, but you're right that since the clue was given in lieu of finishing the sandcastles their fate was sealed.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    The truly evil person would have agreed with the other teams to take the penalty and then make sure they were third in line. After the other 2 teams took the penalty and had the clue, the evil team would have "changed their minds" and headed back to the sandcastles.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ Brilliant!! Future teams make note of that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    The truly evil person would have agreed with the other teams to take the penalty and then make sure they were third in line. After the other 2 teams took the penalty and had the clue, the evil team would have "changed their minds" and headed back to the sandcastles.
    Or decided once they found a clue, and pretended they didn't find the clue, hid it again, and all made the decision. Waiting until the other two made got the next clue, and then BAM! Show the clue they had in the sandcastle.

vCash
    In the past, if you quit the roadblock you had to wait out the 4 hour penalty before you were given your next clue and were allowed to move on. I don't know, it seems like they're making things easier for the racers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    In the past, if you quit the roadblock you had to wait out the 4 hour penalty before you were given your next clue and were allowed to move on. I don't know, it seems like they're making things easier for the racers.
    Or the sun was going to set within that time and they wanted them to be able to canoe in daylight so they got good TV footage.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Or the sun was going to set within that time and they wanted them to be able to canoe in daylight so they got good TV footage.
    I think if there had been any teams behind them, they would have had to wait, but there would be absolutely nothing to gain for anyone (including the viewers) for three teams to just sit in the sun by the sandcastles for 4 hours.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    BTW, ratiings were 14% lower than the Feb 2012 TAR premier. This may not be as bad as it looks, but it can't be good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    BTW, ratiings were 14% lower than the Feb 2012 TAR premier. This may not be as bad as it looks, but it can't be good.
    Considering how almost every other show has skidded in a downwards direction in the ratings (due to DVR, online episodes, and availability to watch episodes whenever and wherever convenient, etc), I'm not really that worried. TAR won its timeslot for the premiere, something that it wasn't able to do at all last season.

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Considering how almost every other show has skidded in a downwards direction in the ratings (due to DVR, online episodes, and availability to watch episodes whenever and wherever convenient, etc), I'm not really that worried. TAR won its timeslot for the premiere, something that it wasn't able to do at all last season.
    I completely forgot it was on until my sister texted me.

Nobody annoyed me too much, except for newlywed blonde and her husband, but I kind of felt she was trying too hard to be a bitch, almost as if she decided that would get her the most screen time.

vCash
    Is it just me or does the one hockey brother look like Prince William when you look at him quickly? Each time they show him my first impression is wow, that's just like Wills... but of course that changes when you look at him longer.

Cant' belive the doctors and their decision so far!

vCash
    WHY DO YOU COME ON THE AMAZING RACE IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF WATER????
    The Banana List: Prancer, Really, numbers123, rfisher, dbell1, MINAM, shells, my little pony, jamesy, cholla, pollyanna, Living Saint, Reuven, PRLady, reckless, michaelfsfan, AYS, flyingsit, RFOS, milanessa, Southpaw, sk8er1964, bellebway, oleada, skatemomaz, taf2002, suep1963, badams

vCash
    Taking a penalty before even TRYING the task? Get off my show, twins. Go home. NOW.

vCash
    Quitting a detour should still be a 24 hour penalty, six is too light. Helmet diving might be scary but it requires NO swimming skill.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast