Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

vCash
    So much better then the horrible last season with the worst winners ever. All the top 3 was excellent!!! Couldn't have been a better finale!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    And editors totally spoiled the ending when they left in the clip of Meaghan saying in one of the early episodes "the hockey brothers will destroy them at the end" when she was musing why other teams were aligning with them.
    How so? Is Meaghan clairvoyant?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    this was a really boring finale

Country Barbies and Derby Moms were just atrocious! I can't believe Derby Moms essentially got told what they were doing wrong and it still took them a while to figure it out

Bates and Anthony did a great job, well done!

Looking forward to Connor/Dave coming back (although hopefully with fewer tears).
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I too am happy the Hockey brothers won. I didn't like Max and Katie and I knew Mona and Beth didn't have much of a chance to win.

I wasn't at the edge of my seat watching the final half hour, it was obvious who was going to win. Oh and while it didn't come down to who had the fastest cab to drive them to the finish line they still spent a large amount of time in a taxi. I'm not a fan of cab racing to the finish line. But anyway, Bates and Anthony were so far ahead that they could have stopped for a snack, a drink, and maybe a foot massage and still finish in first place. My favorite final task still remains Season 9, where they had to find flags, put them in order, and then immediately run to the finish line on foot.

What I hope for for next season? Fierce competitors, no alliances, no annoying bickering couples, exciting new tasks, memorable switchbacks (can they PLEASE bring back the Ox challenge so we can get a flashback of Colin's "my ox is broken"?), and of course some beautiful sightseeing. Hopefully some new locations too.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    "I'm so f*cking smart" Katie doesn't know what chartreuse is.
    Although I learned what color it was from Peggy Fleming. Prior to that I woulda had no clue.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 05-06-2013 at 07:15 AM.

vCash
    My bytch sister came over and ticked me off prior to watching and completely ruined watching the finale for me that I looked forward to all week!!

Good gawd I would have died running those trays down those stairs, then back up, then back down, then back up, times dozens of times til you get it right!! Hell I woulda dropped flat on my butt after climbing up the first time and been calling for a medic. And I never could have managed carrying those trays down the stairs either! Just balancing them without dropping would not have worked for klutzy me.

I'm not sure I like the forced return flight. On one hand I can understand them doing it because if one team got a lead on a faster flight and landed hours before the others then where is the suspense. And at least twice that I can remember the 3rd team was still in another city when the others finished. So I do understand the Producer logic on that. But I would like to see them fighting for flights on that last leg. I don't like it, but I understand it.

Once the Roller Girls were dropped at the wrong location in DC I knew it was likely over for them. One of them kept saying to the driver "1100 Penn Avenue" and the other "the White House". So I kinda don't blame the cabbie too much for dropping them at the wrong place. Eh, it was 50/50 each of their faults since I like them though.

But really ... did they seriously think they were gonna get their pictures taken with THE President? Like Obama was just chillin' at the White House waiting for the teams to show up? I hope they were joking when they thought they were really gonna get their picture with the Prez, because really? I knew it would be something like a look-a-like or a cardboard cutout or something along those lines. The pictures were pretty cool though.

The spy task was funny. But I didn't notice any other people other than the Spy Dudes walking around that lake. Did they close it off for filming so the racers wouldn't randomly be jumping on unsuspecting visitors? And how did Max end up missing his guy if he got all the way to the end since it looks like he turned around like they were only walking in a selected portion of the lake? It looked like they jumped on every guy as they passed them. But since I didn't want them to win I'm glad he screwed it up.

Once again the final task would have killed me. Picking out those countries on a globe, I could only do the big ones. I would have never remembered the locations on a globe of the smaller countries. I wonder how long that task took each of them to do? Just searching thru the globes must have taken hours.

I wish they would list what time each team finished so you can see how far behind they really were. I always like to know that.

for the Hockey Boys!!

vCash
    I was happy for the Hockey Boys but thrilled that Max and Katie lost - and lost because of Max! All his gloating about winning three legs in a row came to naught. I was disappointed in the Derby Moms but glad that they beat out the Country Singers, who seemed to me to be inept unless they were following another team - and they couldn't even do that well.

I was generally impressed that all three teams had taken notes the whole race - and were able to use those notes to help with the lock task. I'd hate to have to depend on my memory after a month of racing. And the Hockey guys noted that they'd used their time on the planes to study the maps and note the countries they'd visited - pretty smart! I enjoyed the season a lot.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    So much better then the horrible last season with the worst winners ever.
    I beg to differ. Even with Zach's awesomeness, Flo made that team the worst winners ever.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Good gawd I would have died running those trays down those stairs, then back up, then back down, then back up, times dozens of times til you get it right!! Hell I woulda dropped flat on my butt after climbing up the first time and been calling for a medic. And I never could have managed carrying those trays down the stairs either! Just balancing them without dropping would not have worked for klutzy me.
    As soon as I saw those stairs, I would have switched to the art challenge immediately.

vCash
    Delighted for Anthony and Bates!
    I always miss TAR as soon as it's over, and wait impatiently for next season!

vCash
    Bates used some of his prize money to cut his hair:

http://www.wral.com/former-carolina-...nale/12413185/

(click on the picture to make it larger)

vCash
    The final flight issue - I didn't love it, but the race has lost most of the magic of airport strategizing anyway, to be honest I barely noticed it. The spay challenge was cool, but it was a bit of the "needle in a haystack", and I thought it was a bit cruel to have a challenge that involves that much luck at the very end. Even though they're not as likeable as Bates and Anthony, Max and Katie were very good racers and I felt a bit bad that they basically lost it on that challenge.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    I had to be out last evening but recorded TAR and just finished watching it. I was able to remain unspoiled and now can say Yeah for the hockey brothers I was so afraid that Max, the smug, and his almost equally smug wife Katie would win!
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    The final flight issue - I didn't love it, but the race has lost most of the magic of airport strategizing anyway, to be honest I barely noticed it. The spay challenge was cool, but it was a bit of the "needle in a haystack", and I thought it was a bit cruel to have a challenge that involves that much luck at the very end. Even though they're not as likeable as Bates and Anthony, Max and Katie were very good racers and I felt a bit bad that they basically lost it on that challenge.
    But didn't the editing suggest that Max went by the guy with his briefcase? Or am I remembering it wrong?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    Me too, but I thought Bates and Anthony said it correctly when they got the first clue at the mat.
    I missed that, but I'm not surprised. In addition to being physically capable, I think they were one of the smartest teams in TAR history. Not surprised by their win, but extremely satisfied. And Bates looks really hot with short hair. :-)

Does anyone know: how deep was the water in the bog challenge? I'm not much of a swimmer, and I think I'd be really freaked out if I had to swim in muddy water that was over my head.

vCash
    For once the team I was rooting for won the $1 million. It's been awhile. So glad that Republican Max lost just like his choice for President did!

Shadow dancing
    vCash

vCash
    But didn't the editing suggest that Max went by the guy with his briefcase? Or am I remembering it wrong?
    very possibly...once B&A got theirs and it was obvious they'd win I started cleaning the kitchen and was more listening than watching

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    I missed that, but I'm not surprised. In addition to being physically capable, I think they were one of the smartest teams in TAR history.
    really? I think a lot of their success came from being in the alliance and getting help from the Country Barbies.

Does anyone know: how deep was the water in the bog challenge? I'm not much of a swimmer, and I think I'd be really freaked out if I had to swim in muddy water that was over my head.
    It looked pretty shallow to me, but it was hard to tell. At some places it looked like swimmers could touch the bottom while they were swimming - which would add to the disorientation, for sure.

vCash
    I think I know what you referring to. Most of the spy's would say something like "Sorry" or "I can't help you". But one guy said a whole sentence to Max, and I also, at first watching it, thought he just raced past his guy. I watched back again and the guy said "You are not part of my mission" or something like that. More than the standard "Sorry can't help you" line, but he wasn't the right guy; he just said something different than most of the others, and it did seem like maybe Max had just raced past his guy with his clue watching it live.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    I was so afraid that Max, the smug, and his almost equally smug wife Katie would win!
    Max didn't really bug me too much, but Katie did and I think it's because she always looked (and talked) like she was just a hair away from a sneer. She is going to look downright evil by the time she's 50; her face is already set in some pretty nasty lines, but she's young enough that they aren't too visible yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I think I know what you referring to. Most of the spy's would say something like "Sorry" or "I can't help you". But one guy said a whole sentence to Max, and I also, at first watching it, thought he just raced past his guy. I watched back again and the guy said "You are not part of my mission" or something like that. More than the standard "Sorry can't help you" line, but he wasn't the right guy; he just said something different than most of the others, and it did seem like maybe Max had just raced past his guy with his clue watching it live.
    Max had to have run past the right guy; he ran out of people to ask and found the right guy when he went back.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast