Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

vCash
    Aw. It's a shame to see Joey and Megan go, since they were so enthusiastic about the race, whereas Katie has constant bitchface about everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I don't think it would have put them far enough behind, and just pissed them off.
    Oh no it wouldn't have caused them to be eliminated, but Hockey bros would have been $10,000 richer. You're right, Max and Katie would have been

I'm impressed with Roller Derby getting the tasks done, but I'm for You Tube.

vCash
    I don't think it would have put them far enough behind, and just pissed them off.

I'm not sure one at a time is a good strategy!
    I agree, with the other two teams on that late flight, u turning anyone from the first one was useless. Best for Bates & Anthony to keep to the plan.

vCash
    Oh I forgot About the money. I'd be okay with the anger for that!

Strategy for u turns is rare though. It is almost always emotion.

Katie must either be really rich or really tired. She barely cracked a smile at 10k.

vCash
    I've been watching this show long enough (since the very first season to be precise) to know that Mona and Beth had a long enough lead over Meghan and Joey to make up for traffic issues. I figured team Youtube was toast.

We'll see who wins next week. To be honest, these alliances are a bit annoying. It's been going on for the last several seasons. I wish these people were a bit more competitive, it's a race after all and there can only be one winner. I miss the good old days of Colin and even Rob (Romber could be annoying, but they knew how to race and they did it all by themselves). Season 5 remains my favourite season.

vCash
    I hate the alliances too. I was when Joey said "Let's work together" when the two teams were searching for clues in the fireplaces.

vCash
    I liked the enthusiasm of Joey and Megan. I wish the blondes had had more bad luck and would go next...

As for the hockey brothers, well, last night I had a long dream I was racing with Bates as his partner, lol. What a funny dream

vCash
    Do the teams know what the prizes are for winning each leg?

Still rooting for the hockey boys.
    I don't like the "vibe" I get from Max/Katie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Do the teams know what the prizes are for winning each leg?
    I don't think they do. There has never been any mention of someone trying to win one, except "we have to finish first!"

That said- for a number of seasons there have been prizes every leg, and generally good ones (no more easy share cameras). They know they will win something.

vCash
    So I should look this up for myself, but just in case someone knows off hand. Which hockey bro is Anthony and which one is Bates?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    So I should look this up for myself, but just in case someone knows off hand. Which hockey bro is Anthony and which one is Bates?
    Bates has the long hair. Anthony has short hair and no front teeth (when he's not wearing his dentures).

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Katie must either be really rich or really tired. She barely cracked a smile at 10k.
    The vibe I get from Max and even more so from Katie is that they are all about winning and defeating the unworthy pests who continue to somehow challenge them in spite of their complete superiority.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    The vibe I get from Max and even more so from Katie is that they are all about winning and defeating the unworthy pests who continue to somehow challenge them in spite of their complete superiority.
    exactly! They have annoyed me with their superior attitude from day one.

eta, since they performed rather abysmally to middle of the pack for most of the race, I'd say their attitude was somewhat delusional. Hoping Bates and Anthony take it all, and roller derby moms / country Barbies round out the top 3.
    Last edited by skatemomaz; 04-29-2013 at 11:50 PM.

vCash
    The speed bump almost seemed to help the Roller Derbys since it made them more focused on completing the tasks asap.

Shame for team YouTube but they had a good run at least.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemomaz View Post
    eta, since they performed rather abysmally to middle of the pack for most of the race, I'd say their attitude was somewhat delusional.
    I expect that they have been telling themselves that they've just had some bad luck; otherwise they would have won every leg.

A lot of pairs start the race with the attitude that they are the best and will and should win every leg because they are just that much better than everyone else, but it's usually been beaten out of them by this point.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    I thought Katie was all about winning. "You won 10,000 dollars!!!" "We beat Bates and Anthony!!"

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I expect that they have been telling themselves that they've just had some bad luck; otherwise they would have won every leg.

A lot of pairs start the race with the attitude that they are the best and will and should win every leg because they are just that much better than everyone else, but it's usually been beaten out of them by this point.
    When PL and I compete, she'll be the nice one and I'll be the "let's one" Alliances are made to be broken when it's no longer convenient. We play to win.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    When PL and I compete, she'll be the nice one and I'll be the "let's one" Alliances are made to be broken when it's no longer convenient. We play to win.
    I play to win. Who doesn't play to win?

But there's a difference between looking at your competition and thinking, "That's who I have to beat. Bring it on, " and looking at your competition and thinking "THAT'S who I have to beat? They couldn't have pitted me against someone worthy of my efforts?"

vCash
    I would have no issue U-turning anyone, especially if I knew they were right behind me.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I play to win. Who doesn't play to win?

But there's a difference between looking at your competition and thinking, "That's who I have to beat. Bring it on, " and looking at your competition and thinking "THAT'S who I have to beat? They couldn't have pitted me against someone worthy of my efforts?"
    All those good sports who think all the kiddies should get to play. It is true that one shouldn't become complacent about one's opponents and take them for granted. That's how that silly hare lost the race.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast