Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Phil!!
    One of the best moments on TAR, ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I wonder if she is required to stand next to him at the final bathmat (probably)..
    Great minds think alike. I was wondering the same thing.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    That didn't take long

The hockey players were the last ones to the monkey place. Their monkey ran up a tree, and the clue dropped out from somewhere above. They commented that maybe the girls (whoever that may have been) left them the clue because it looked like a tube of lipstick.
    Ah. Well, thank you. That's what happens when you tote and fetch and miss things.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    why do I have the feeling that wasn't the first time the Country Barbies have sung that song? I am hoping the editors finally included it because their time left in the race is growing shorter. Loved the edit cut from CB #1 saying "can I cry for a minute?" to Roller Mom #1 saying (completely out of context, possibly from another leg entirely for all we know) "There's no crying in the Amazing Race!!" well played, editors, well played
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I don't understand why Jessica wondered out loud (barely) if they should use the Express Pass. And then not another word about it. If I had been her, if I felt I was in danger and some point, I would have said, "we're using it!!!" and I wouldn't have moved one inch until my partner agreed.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I missed it last night, and I assumed the cyclist and his limping dad were eliminated. Was it really the couple who had won the oriiginal express pass?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I missed it last night, and I assumed the cyclist and his limping dad were eliminated. Was it really the couple who had won the oriiginal express pass?
    The cyclist and his Dad placed first, though they did it by 'peaking' (cheating? depends on how you look at all the peaking that has gone on in many previous seasons) at someone else's roadblock answer.

The couple with the express pass was eliminated, and not through some terrible luck, or through a penalty that they got when they got to the mat. They were idiots (well, he was) who kept insisting the express pass would save them, without ever using it; even when it was clear 2 teams were left and one likely just finished the task!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Oh good, I'm glad Connor got something since they're not likely to go far in the race. I was hoping they'd at least get one first place last week, but when it was a "to be continued" I assumed they were doomed.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Oh good, I'm glad Connor got something since they're not likely to go far in the race. I was hoping they'd at least get one first place last week, but when it was a "to be continued" I assumed they were doomed.
    They did get something last week, a trip (that I can't remember where to) as Everyone checked in on the bathmat in New Zealand. There just wasn't any pit stop for them to rest.

So they have won two legs.

vCash
    FYI, Jessica said in an interview with TV Guide online that she's happy that she and the moron made TAR history by going out with an express pass in their possession.

You can read all the delusion here:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-...n-1062600.aspx

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    I loved the part where Jessica and John went to that house by mistake and made offerings, thinking it was the task. The home owner was probably wondering what was going on, especially when they ran off with the sarongs.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    They are re-writing history. They were together at least once while Mullet Man and wife were with them, and Jessica told him they were the last two teams, I think.

I also love that they didn't want to "waste" their Express Pass. Cuz they did.

vCash
    They were truly worthy of Phil's "oye vey"!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Not using the express pass may be the dumbest thing I've seen on the Amazing Race and that is saying something.

CancerDad is beginning to annoy me for some reason. Maybe it was the Liestrong t-shirt.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Maybe it was the Liestrong t-shirt.
    The race was taped before all that came out officially. As a cancer survivor and professional cyclist the son probably looked up to Armstrong. Wonder what he thinks now.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    why do I have the feeling that wasn't the first time the Country Barbies have sung that song? I am hoping the editors finally included it because their time left in the race is growing shorter.
    genevieve, I am sorry to tell you that they wrote the song on the plane to Bali. They improvised a song for their taxi driver right after they finished the song you saw on the show.

I'd tell you to watch the secret scene for the week and see it for yourself, but, you know, they are singing.

Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    CancerDad is beginning to annoy me for some reason. Maybe it was the Liestrong t-shirt.
    For me, it's because he cries every single week. I think it's great that he has such affection for his son, but yeesh.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    I suspect the bond between them is particularly strong because each of them have survived cancer; and understand what the other has gone through.
    I'd rather see sincere emotion rather than the disdain or phoniness we often do.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I'd rather see sincere emotion rather than the disdain or phoniness we often do.
    Too bad our choices are so limited. I don't much care for tears or phoniness.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Anthony Michael Hall's son is a doofus..

It kept bugging me who he was reminding me of, but you totally hit it with that one!!

What an idiot for not using the express pass. I would have never went to do the other challenge. Well, actually I never would have left the fruit challenge. Just slow down, study the example, and put it together correctly. But once they got to the surfboards and saw only one team there, the minute I got that first board wrong I woulda wiped out that Express Pass (uhm, that would have worked at that point, right?). So stupid for not using it, but no big loss for me. His arrogance at not wanting to use it turned me off to them immediately. And what an idiot for showing up at someone's house and actually making whatever that man was doing. I sure hope an interpreter was there to tell him to just let them be, it was for a TV show, and they are making themselves look like idiots. Otherwise that guy was pretty calm about strangers barging into his home and messing with his stuff. Not to mention kind of stealing his sarongs!

I admire Connor/Dad for thinking they can go all the way, but eventually Dad's gonna have to do those Roadblocks and they are toast when it comes to that. But if they can keep it up for two more legs, well good for them.

Don't really have a total favorite yet, but I'm liking You Tube (talking for the monkey's was ) and the Hockey Players.

vCash
    By the time they started the surf board challenge it was too late, they were already last...and they needed to be together to use the express pass. Once they realised they couldn't do the fruit challenge they should have just used it. Even if the other challenge was easy, they'd still be in the game!! And when he came back without *any* surf board...what an idiot to not even guess!

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast