Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Wheeeeee....I picked two/three finalists for the title. Where is Beefy with his game? This could have been my year to win.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    The spoilers I saw had all three female teams and Bates & Anthony as the teams running in DC. (I assume the fourth place teams runs it, too, as a decoy?).

So did someone think Max was a woman?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    The spoilers I saw had all three female teams and Bates & Anthony as the teams running in DC. (I assume the fourth place teams runs it, too, as a decoy?).

So did someone think Max was a woman?
    TAR has eliminated pairs show up at clue and challenge locations in order to throw off spoilers. Sometimes there's more than one team running decoy.

But I could see someone thinking Max is a female from a distance. He looks short and slight and he was wearing those egregious neon yellow sneakers that my husband insists no one with any sense of his own masculinity would be caught dead wearing.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    But he's a REPUBLICAN.

Do you think he doth protest too much?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    But he's a REPUBLICAN.

Do you think he doth protest too much?
    When he announced that he was a Republican, I laughed, because I had just been telling my husband that both he and Katie have what I think of a Young Republican hair. His, especially.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Pretty satisfying ending to a good season. Some lovely places like Bora Bora n NZ and places I have been -Berlin, Edinburgh n Belfast. Team I did not like came in second! And a deserving team won!
    What I liked about the Hockey Bros is that they played, kept moving forward and did not tell us how smart and great they were. Some great moments, fun locals. And they thought they were getting a pic w the pres. LOL. I was trying to guess whether it was a cardboard cutout or an impersonator, didn't think of photoshop.
    Can't wait til next season!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Max had to have run past the right guy; he ran out of people to ask and found the right guy when he went back.
    Oh yeah, I know that he had to have missed him. But I was just telling Catherine when I remember that one guy saying something different, because as it was happening, I totally thought that was his guy and he just ran off without taking his bag because it happened so fast, and the guy spoke more than a word. I just assumed that is what she meant by her question about the editing, because if I had not watched it back again, I would still be thinking he talked to the right guy, but just didn't stay long enough to make his connection. That's what I meant.

vCash
    Interview with Bates & Anthony where they admit they knew they'd win after leaving the spy roadblock:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-...y-1064993.aspx

Glad to see them give their cabbie some love. Having one that knew where they were going was a big help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Interview with Bates & Anthony where they admit they knew they'd win after leaving the spy roadblock:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-...y-1064993.aspx

Glad to see them give their cabbie some love. Having one that knew where they were going was a big help.
    I'm so glad Bates/Anthony won this season!!

that they're still arguing over that Titanic roadblock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post

that they're still arguing over that Titanic roadblock.
    Yeah I'm sure Bates won't be letting Anthony forget about the Titanic roadblock for awhile. He might have struggled with getting the dishes all right and dropping plates all over the place but he did great at the end with getting all the countries right. I'm not sure Bates would have been as strong in the globe pit so it all balanced out.

On one of the extra clips on the CBS website, Phil said that they never thought anyone would do the finale course so quickly so Bates & Anthony really must have been far ahead of other two teams--probably around an hour or so.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Hockey should have lost for the dreadful Oirish accents.

Bit of a predictable final leg. Undoubtedly the strongest team won, but

PML at the gullibility of all three teams thinking that the President of the United States would have time to hang around and be part of a clue though.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I'm having TAR withdrawal. I wish this was a year long show. Every week, the last at the mat would get replaced with a new team.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    How does someone win that?

I did a TAR1 marathon this weekend. I adore everything about that season.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^ Where did you watch Season 1? I didn't start watching until about 6 episodes into the first season, so would love to see the original episodes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^ Where did you watch Season 1? I didn't start watching until about 6 episodes into the first season, so would love to see the original episodes.
    The DVDs were released in 2005, I've had them since then. They are actually a nice set of DVDs because they (and Rob/Amber's season) were a 'real' DVD release, not the amazon print on demand with no special features all the other seasons are gradually getting.

vCash
    I didn't start watching till season 4 so I'd love to see seasons 1-3. I've seen some of the international versions on pop up on Youtube (I watched one of the seasons of the Chinese version a couple months ago that was fun) but never the American cause of CBS checking for copyright violations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    I didn't start watching till season 4 so I'd love to see seasons 1-3. I've seen some of the international versions on pop up on Youtube (I watched one of the seasons of the Chinese version a couple months ago that was fun) but never the American cause of CBS checking for copyright violations.
    There are lots of streaming services that have them available for a low fee. The DVDs unfortunately aren't cheap because they are the on-demand ones. Used copies don't come up that often either At least not at the like $0.99-$5 that I pay for other shows.

vCash
    I've just begun rewatching AR #18 & try & watch 2 or 3 episodes per week for the month of May. Then in June, I'll do 19, July 20 & possibly 21 in Aug. I fortunately began recording them with AR 1 back in the day & try & rewatch 3 or 4 Races every year. And I do them consecutively, so it's been awhile since I watched the early races.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627