Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    4 More Years
    vCash
    I was screaming at the hockey brothers last night. They should have frickin uturned Katie and Max. Alliance be damned. For that matter Katie and Max should have uturned country Barbies

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Just found out that the hockey boys played college hockey for Western Michigan and juniors for the Kalamazoo Wings. All the more reason for me to cheer for them.

vCash
    I absolutely loved this episode! It was so cool to actually see it set in places I know - I had a wee scream when I saw Linlithgow Palace appear at the beginning of the intro to Scotland (that's my hometown) but they didn't go there in the end. Still it was amusing enough listening to my friend scream at the idea of the last two teams being left to run around Craigmillar in the dark (slightly scary area of the city!) and then us both laughing hysterically about the teams trying to drive around the city centre and park the cars without getting lost, stuck in a one way street, stuck on a bus only road, or even worse lost in the middle of the tram-works of doom.

I'm still rooting for Bates and Anthony to win. I like the Country Barbies too so I'd like to see them in second. Max and Katie have irritated me from the start and the roller derby mums... well, they lost it for me when they started slagging off haggis! I know it looked mingin' on the programme, but in our defence we don't actually cook them in intestines anymore - they come in a plastic bag now!

vCash
    TAR is one of my favorite TV shows!
    Today I have seen a TV commercial for Israel's version of the TAR. It will be season # 3.
    Thought to share it with you.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    The vibe I get from Max and even more so from Katie is that they are all about winning and defeating the unworthy pests who continue to somehow challenge them in spite of their complete superiority.
    Dammit why I was taking a sip of my Coke when I read this!

Sorry to see You Tube go. I liked them. He was funny. Pretty much knew one of those two was doomed once they showed they were on a flight landing some 2+ hours later. Sort of anti-climatic for me after that.

Gawd I hate Max & Katie!! While I want the Hockey Boys to win the most, I'll take anyone but Max and Katie winning please!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I'm hoping Max & Katie win!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post

Surprise, surprise.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm sorry to see YouTube go - I really liked them, wish they'd gotten a better edit at the beginning (I just vaguely remember them as one of the original alliance teams, otherwise they didn't stand out).

I get why Team Hockey and Max/Katie stuck to the plan - anyone from their alliance was going to still be in the game after that leg and who needs to make enemies at this point who may go out of their way to take you down? And I also see why they wouldn't waste the U-Turn. But it still sux and I don't want the top 3 teams to gang up on Roller Derby in the finale.

Max and Katie seem like awful people to know in real life, but on tv they are somewhat redeemed by the fact that Max is a total dork who seems to need a gold star any time he does anything remotely competently, and Katie seems to save most of her disdain for the main she just promised to spend the rest of her life with. Aka, lots of opportunities to watch stuck up people get their comeuppance.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I'm sorry to see YouTube go - I really liked them, wish they'd gotten a better edit at the beginning (I just vaguely remember them as one of the original alliance teams, otherwise they didn't stand out).
    I liked them too, somewhat surprisingly so. At the beginning, I found Joey way too over the top and Meghan didn't stand out at all, but Joey's enthusiasm for everything on the race endeared him to me and Meghan turned out to be a really sweet girl once we saw more of her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    (I don't hate them.... )

I'm glad Screech is gone. I couldn't take it. Meghan seemed nice, but Joey's attention ho-ing really got on my nerves.

Disappointed and somewhat surprised that not one team pronounced Edinburgh correctly.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Just found out that the hockey boys played college hockey for Western Michigan and juniors for the Kalamazoo Wings. All the more reason for me to cheer for them.
    I found another article with a bit more detail. One played for Western Michigan and the other for Lake Superior State (in Michigan's Upper Peninsula).

Anthony wants to be a firefighter when he stops playing (minor league) hockey:

When asked about his plans after he hangs up the skates, he said he wants to become a firefighter. He "crushed" the physical exam portion of the process and interviewed for a job two years ago -- the first job interview of his career. He said he's been part of a team most of his life and thinks he'd be a "perfect fit to be a fireman."
    Bates was the one who played in the NHL and currently co-owns a bar:

Anthony Battaglia said his brother co-owns Lucky B's -- dubbed the "classiest dive bar in Raleigh" -- and expects family and friends to hold watch parties there. He said he plans to join them once this hockey season is over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post

Disappointed and somewhat surprised that not one team pronounced Edinburgh correctly.
    Me too, but I thought Bates and Anthony said it correctly when they got the first clue at the mat.

vCash
    Time for the finale!!!

vCash
    I'm kinda sad its the last leg as I've really enjoyed this season.

vCash
    I would totally bog snorkel. Just so I could drop that into casual conversation. "I went bog snorkeling."

vCash
    Why is Mona freaking out??

vCash
    I hope someone completely biffs it going down the stairs with their tray of food...

vCash
    And your wish is nearly granted.

vCash
    Poor Jennifer and Caroline are having the worst day ever.

And the Roller moms are totally messing this up too.

vCash
    This may be the most poorly performed penultimate leg on TAR history

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast