Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I don't know that their marriage seemed all that shaky...I have the feeling the bickering is the norm, although Wynnona was WAY outside her comfort zone on this one. I thought there was a lot of love in there even though she was perpetually stressed to the max.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I don't know that their marriage seemed all that shaky...I have the feeling the bickering is the norm, although Wynnona was WAY outside her comfort zone on this one. I thought there was a lot of love in there even though she was perpetually stressed to the max.
    Didn't Wynona say in one of the early episodes that things were shaky and that's one of the reasons she went on the race with Chuck, to fix things!?! I remember reading alot of "who goes on the race to fix things" on TWOP.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    oh really? I missed ep 1, that does put a different lens on things....but yeah, anyone who goes on this (or any other reality competition) to fix their relationship is nuts.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    At least they didn't look like they were at each mother's throats in the side interviews. Wynona looked much more relaxed probably because they were out. I always wonder how teams make it onto the show. I wonder if Chuck's hair helped.
    Last edited by shan; 04-15-2013 at 10:33 PM.

vCash
    I don't remember Chuck and Wynonna being a 'fix the marriage' couple, like so many on TAR are. If they were, they certainly haven't brought it up much, as couples with that hook always have. I thought they were more "crazy hunter with mullet" both points of which have been brought up throughout the race.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    oh really? I missed ep 1, that does put a different lens on things....but yeah, anyone who goes on this (or any other reality competition) to fix their relationship is nuts.
    Couples say that and similar things on TAR, but most of them do just fine after the show. Of all the couples who have been in TAR, I can think of only two marriages that broke up--Jonathan and Victoria and Uchenna and Joyce. Most of the dating couples are still together, many of them now married with kids, and the friends are still friends.

So I think to some degree, the story lines are just hooks--a way to get on the show and a story to tell the audience as the show goes on.

I think Chuck and Wynnona will be fine. Their bit was, I think, that they had drifted apart. I don't see things getting any worse for them because of this show.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Chuck and Wynona's interview with TV guide is up:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-...s=breakingnews

She claims that she didn't do any of the early roadblocks cause she had a bad leg.

And they are enjoying their "fame" in their hometown!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Couples say that and similar things on TAR, but most of them do just fine after the show. Of all the couples who have been in TAR, I can think of only two marriages that broke up--Jonathan and Victoria and Uchenna and Joyce. Most of the dating couples are still together, many of them now married with kids, and the friends are still friends.
    Of the dating couples, Peter & Sarah (TAR10) and Nate & Jen (GOSH! TAR12) are no longer together. Sarah actually pretty much dumped Peter on the mat. Brian & Erica from TAR 15 are divorced, as well.

Several dating teams have gone on to get married -- Ernie & Cindy, Brendon & Rachel, the one couple who won season 15 by a landslide who's names I can't remember, Chad & Stephanie (have a kid now)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Of the dating couples, Peter & Sarah (TAR10) and Nate & Jen (GOSH! TAR12) are no longer together. Sarah actually pretty much dumped Peter on the mat. Brian & Erica from TAR 15 are divorced, as well.
    Don't forget about fake All Star team Eric and Danielle. Unless you meant couples that were actually dating for realz.....

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    .... I can think of only two marriages that broke up--Jonathan and Victoria and Uchenna and Joyce. .......
    Jonathan and Victoria I totally understand ... but Uchenna and Joyce? She's the one who did the shave your head FF, right? Wow. I didn't know that they got divorced (and if I did I don't remember).

vCash
    Most of the dating couples are still together, many of them now married with kids, and the friends are still friends.
    Who could forget Lenny and Karen from S1? I believe her bitchy self basically dumped him at the moment they were eliminated.

I shudder to think of all the squealing and screetching we will hear from Joey during the bungee jumping. Oy.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    At least they didn't look like they were at each mother's throats in the side interviews.
    I hate it when somebody goes after some Mother's throat...

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Jonathan and Victoria I totally understand ... but Uchenna and Joyce? She's the one who did the shave your head FF, right? Wow. I didn't know that they got divorced (and if I did I don't remember).
    There's a thread on Survivor Sucks' TAR forum that pops up every now and then and has updates on people from TAR.

I saw Uchenna and Joyce on some other reality show a few years ago and got the impression then that she found him really irritating. I heard that they were divorced not too long after that. I have no other details, just that they are divorced.

I had forgotten about Brian and Erica, but her family was really against that marriage (they did TAR to prove his worthiness to her parents) and I think I read somewhere that that was a factor in their divorce.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    When PL and I get on TAR we're just going with the"strangers who met on an internet site who want to travel and win stuff" hook. And she better be as good as the hockey brothers or I'm shoving her off a cliff.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    The two of you will be labelled as the "Mean Teachers" team.

vCash
    I enjoyed this episode a lot, probably mostly because I have been to Grindelwald, on a ski trip, when I was living in Germany. So beautiful!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I hate it when somebody goes after some Mother's throat...

Drat! I hate auto correct!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Wrong thread. Oops
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    When PL and I get on TAR we're just going with the"strangers who met on an internet site who want to travel and win stuff" hook. And she better be as good as the hockey brothers or I'm shoving her off a cliff.
    As long as you eat the weird stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    The two of you will be labelled as the "Mean Teachers" team.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Thank goodness Whineonna is gone.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast