Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Pam & Winne

that riding task really took a long time just for one time through. I'm surprised Chuck and Wynnona didn't do the "braun" one, but it worth it to hear Chuck express how awesome it is to be in Africa and see all the exotic animals he wasn't to kill

yay to see derby moms and the country barbies kicking butt on the donkey challenge

christ on a crutch, Max and Katie are a disaster.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    What an episode. I didn't expect Pam and Winnie to be eliminated today.

The baby goats were just too cute. Love them, love them.

I also thought that the country girls were toast the minute they started praising God, and then they got the speeding ticket. I thought this was it for them but they actually did pretty well. Meghan and Joey must have been very lost to still be behind Max and Katie after they had been pulled over and paid a speeding ticket.

Why must we wait two week? Unfair

But excited to see the cheese challenge come back. Actually I think the snow will make it a little easier. They can use the snow to stick the cheese on the floor if they need to and the racers could just slide down instead of having to run/walk while trying not to fall (I remember the hill was very steep and it was hard to maintain balance, cheese-bearing or not).

vCash
    Pam & Winnie

Max backing the car right into a pole after paying a speeding ticket

Donkeys <3 Cheesewheels in a few weeks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    New! Improved! With snow!
    And I'm pretty sure I saw someone tumbling down the hill after their cheesewheel with a Travelocity Roaming Gnome in their hand

vCash
    I still don't understand why Pam & Winnie bailed on the donkey task so easily. Why they didn't want to race with the other two all female teams is beyond me but once they got something in their heads--not wanting to do tasks with other teams--it seems to have stayed there.

So now its Bates & Anthony and their 3 wins and 5 other teams that are stumbling their way around world. Hopefully one of the five can push the Hockey bros in the coming legs!

vCash
    Noooo!!! Pam and Winnie!!! Hopefully they'll be invited back for an All Stars editions.

Chuck is actually a pretty good racer. Over on TWoP they're calling Chuck and Wynona, "McMullet and Wife".

The part where the country singer girl (still can't tell them apart) said, "Hi, babies!" to the goats and then the goats scattered brought back memories of Zac and Flo from S3. Ahhh, memories...

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Poor little baby goats. I was worried they might try to jump out of the boat on the river and become like, uhm, lunch for the crocs.

I can't believe Hockey Boys did that FF! That would scared the crap outta me and I don't think I could have done it. I would be to worried about the crocs to keep my concentration on the skis. I've never water skied, but I've heard people say it is very difficult to get up out of the water and stay that way. That was a pretty long way they had to go and to get it done on one try was pretty amazing.

Donkey's donkey's donkey's. I loved how they just stood there looking at the racers like why you yellin' at me fool! Just give me a push and I'll go. Who knew it would be a memory challenge, and not donkey's, that were Pam and Winnie's downfall. Although if there was no picture of a hippo to even choose from (which I don't think there was), I would have been a little confused about the "bird on a hippo" one too.

Does anyone know how long the Horse challenge took? They were moving so slowly I'm thinking at least 30 minutes or more.

vCash
    That was good fun.

So glad that Bates andn brother were able to do the fast forward. That was not that easy, even though it was made clear they'd waterskiid before....I thought it was funny that Bates made sure to quip to the camera about the obligatory shirtless bit and then one time flexed his muscles... he's very aware of his audience. it cracked me up.

Sad to see the girls go, I enjoyed their humour but thought they abandoned the donkeys a little too quickly considering they were with other teams in the same situation.

I'm so excited for Cheese Rolling. I think that was one challenge that made me almost pee with laughter... i hope the classic revisited lives up to the billing.

vCash
    Ah such memories...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip7sfgkkNa8

I forgot that that was the season of Margie/Luke, Kentucky couple, and other memorable people. Love the guy scooting down the hill "Don't let a cheese hit me."

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ OMG! And now they gotta do it in snow? That should be another classic.

Although the way the local boys are laughing kinda makes me think they didn't really have to carry them on those wood things, or else they were wearing them wrong or something?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Note how the God-bothering country singer's didn't claim it was God's will that they got a speeding ticket.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Note how the God-bothering country singer's didn't claim it was God's will that they got a speeding ticket.
    I figured it must have been God's will.

vCash
    I am so glad they weren't able to bat their eyelashes or otherwise cute their way out of the speeding ticket.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I am so glad they weren't able to bat their eyelashes or otherwise cute their way out of the speeding ticket.
    Me too. And I think we saw more of their real personalities when one of them snapped "thanks alot" as they were driving off to the police station to pay their ticket. For me they have mostly been "on" for the cameras as I'm sure they are quite aware of the potential for becoming fan favorites, etc. As killer fatigue sets in, we could see more of their bitchy side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    As killer fatigue sets in, we could see more of their bitchy side.
    ...yay?

4 More Years
    vCash
    Me too. And I think we saw more of their real personalities when one of them snapped "thanks alot" as they were driving off to the police station to pay their ticket. For me they have mostly been "on" for the cameras as I'm sure they are quite aware of the potential for becoming fan favorites, etc. As killer fatigue sets in, we could see more of their bitchy side.
    I cracked up when they showed the policeman waving at them and saying "thank you, have a nice day" as they drove off.

vCash
    For me they have mostly been "on" for the cameras as I'm sure they are quite aware of the potential for becoming fan favorites, etc. As killer fatigue sets in, we could see more of their bitchy side.
    I don't know that they ever had much potential for it, but I would agree that they showed up ready to assume that mantle*.

* Pretty much anyone who goes on a reality show thinking they will be a fan favorite is going to fail. America's Sweetheart or whatever isn't something you can calculate. it's who you are

vCash
    I read somewhere that Jen and Caroline formed their singing act from a non-aired reality show--the premise was to be a relative of someone famous. Or something like that. The other member of their trio (I'm too lazy to look the name of their group up) is Loretta Lynn's granddaughter. So they are very much aware of the fame game and are def in this to be america's favorite team ala Jaymes & James last season. So far, its not happening and I agree, you can't force America to love you. That has to come naturally.

vCash
    I like country music and their songs aren't great but they aren't bad either. They play their own instruments.

I guess my thought is that the fatigue based 'bitchy' personalities aren't necessarily their 'real' personalities vs camera ones. They are their tired personalities. In real life, I don't have a camera following me, but I do filter for people. I mean, that is what being a member of society is. Even if I'm annoyed at someone I put on a pretty face and try to be nice. When I have had a rough time at work and very little sleep, that is harder to do. I guess I don't buy into the 'on camera' personalities too much- TAR is way to involved to remember to keep up an act. Any 'face' they put on is probably the normal one they put on everyday to not be a total bitch to everyone when they are stressed. Doesn't every sane person do that?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Noticed on the opening credits that one of the sights shown is

Spoiler

Wonder if they'll be going there.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post

Wonder if they'll be going there.
    What I know:

Spoiler

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast