Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    What made that episode really great besides the New Zealand scenery is that everyone had to drive. Really shuffles things up when teams can read a map and can't read a map.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    We should all get together and go as a group. FSU roadtrip to New Zealand with a stop off at Bora Bora!
    We can stay at Phil's parents B&B
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    We should all get together and go as a group. FSU roadtrip to New Zealand with a stop off at Bora Bora!
    I'm in!!

vCash
    So far loving the destinations these guys are going to... dream locales!!

Loved the obstcle course and LOVE the scenery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Why are these people making alliances? It's a RACE!
    I HATE alliances and working together.

Sign me up!!!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I think Papa/Son are done. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop out before leaving at the start of the next hour. Cause there's no way in hell they would survive all the way to the end anyway, so why keep going when he could injure himself even more? They got this far, got a 1st place prize, I think its time to give in. Wouldn't blame them at all for quitting with that injury. And its totally different than someone just "quitting quitting".

Did those poor doggies have to run thru those obstacles with the team member?! Or did they just run along side?

I hope they are taking notes at the Pit Stops. Phil actually introduced the doggie (whose name I have already forgotten!). That has gotta be a big sign that it will be on the final challenge for him to specifically say the name of the doggie.

Why did I know Mullet would choose the fishing challenge. He totally looks like a fishing dude. I could see that being a difficult challenge if you don't actually know how to fish or know what you are doing. It seems like its a lot more difficult than just throwing a line in the water.

Clueless American
    vCash
    I too noticed Phil mentioning the dog... I think his name was Tim if I remember correctly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I HATE alliances and working together.

The alliances being formed are beyond stupid. Ok, maybe I do understand the Hockey brothers wanting to work with the blondes as it seems to be based on a mutual attraction but the other "lets get together to get out the Hockey brothers" alliance seems very dumb. Just race please.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    The alliances being formed are beyond stupid.
    I always wonder if these people were trying to get on Survivor. I know that people often try out for one and are referred to the other. But I don't see how a fan of TAR could think alliances are a good idea.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I agree with the whole alliance being crap thing! TAR is an individual race. Forming alliances doesn't do anything to help you in this show. It's based on your own decisions (which Detour to do) and abilities (can you read a freakin' map and drive a stick! ). That's one thing I like about TAR more that Survivor. Survivor is basically nothing more than the cool kids ganging up on the "outsiders" and voting them off. TAR is based on your own abilities no matter who likes you or determines you can't be accepted by "the gang".
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 03-05-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Road Block -- Detour --- u know what I meant. :)

vCash
    I just have a general question. Why do people who are afraid of heights or can't swim or use the excuse that they are too old or fat to run fast enough (not the guy with the ruptured Achilles - he's my hero!!!) go on this show? I know, for the money. But if they can't swim in a challenge and it makes them last, they aren't going to win anyway. Have they ever watched the show? At least people have learned to drive a stick shift before they leave the US this time.

vCash
    To be on tv? And get to go cool places until they finally get kicked off?

Besides, even sequestervile is a pretty nice vacation.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    They also get paid even if they don't win just to for being on TV.

And people overestimate their own abilities all the time--as has been discussed already in this thread.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I agree with the whole alliance being crap thing! TAR is an individual race. Forming alliances doesn't do anything to help you in this show. It's based on your own decisions (which Road Block to do) and abilities (can you read a freakin' map and drive a stick! ). That's one thing I like about TAR more that Survivor. Survivor is basically nothing more than the cool kids ganging up on the "outsiders" and voting them off. TAR is based on your own abilities no matter who likes you or determines you can't be accepted by "the gang".
    This is why I love this show. It just doesn't fit the cateogry of the other reality shows (like Survivor or Big Brother, which I enjoy), you can be good/hardworking/diligent/proactive/smart and nice/kind and win!

vCash
    I think the only time an alliance would be beneficial on this show would be in the event of a U-Turn. If you can make a deal with somebody to U-turn a stronger team (if you and alliance team get there first), that could help.

Beyond that, it's every bint for him/herself.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'd make an alliance with you. Right up until the point I needed to kick you in the ditch so I could get past you to get to the mat.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I think the only time an alliance would be beneficial on this show would be in the event of a U-Turn. If you can make a deal with somebody to U-turn a stronger team (if you and alliance team get there first), that could help.
    Teams can pass information to people in their alliances, too, which is great if you are the team behind, lost or confused, not so great if you are the team helping a competitor get ahead.

The alliance between the goat farmers and the dating couple last season was the worst ever--even worse than the Cho alliance. Be friends if you must. But wait around? In a race? Are people crazy?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Alliances are smart game play. People who want to be a "one man show" don't know about strategy. It's a race, but it's a game also, to win a million dollars. If working with others helps you out...or eliminates someone who could win the million over you - then more power to you.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Papa/son got the express pass because of an alliance...so I'm sure they're grateful for it. Alliances can only go so far, but I think they can be smart.

vCash
    One of the recappers at televisionwithoutpity put it this way in the early days "Alliances only make sense if they are mutually beneficial and transitory". You can't be in an alliance for the entire game, it doesn't work that way. You shouldn't wait around, and once it gets to final 5 or so, it isn't in your best interest to help others. But if two teams can help each other out to prevent both of them from being eliminated in the early rounds, the alliance makes sense.

The express pass alliance worked because it allowed papa/son to get the express pass, and the team who had to give it was able to give it to a team who was no threat (I'm not sure they would have honored the alliance without the injury...) which is basically the best use of giving one away.

I think the strategy to play has also changed now that every leg ends in a prize. It used to be 'don't get eliminated', now I think there is a lot to be gained from actually coming in first. Since you have such a small chance at the final leg, and luck really plays a huge part in getting there, I would want to do what I could to get the mini-prizes when I can. That also effects views on alliances.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast