Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

FSWer's Partnership Splits & Skater Retirement news thread

Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    I was just thinking..it might be great to start a forum on the Boards to keep up with Split or Retired Skaters/Partnerships.As skaters and Partnerships are changing and (or) Retiring every Day or year.
    I think it's a good idea to start a thread that lists the pair/dance splits and retirements of the skaters that FSWer knows. Here are three recent news items:

Lindsay Davis and Mark Ladwig split after 2013 U.S. Nationals - USFS' press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48971&type=media
    (2/7/13) - Pairs skaters Lindsay Davis and Mark Ladwig, 2013 U.S. pairs pewter medalists, announced they have ended their partnership. Davis has expressed interest in finding a new partner, while Ladwig is exploring various options.
    Jessica Dubé and Sébastien Wolfe retire from competitive figure skating - Skate Canada press release (Jan. 9, 2013): http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/Ne...S/Default.aspx
    Dubé has moved to Montreal, where she has already enrolled in courses at Concordia University and will be working towards a degree. Wolfe hopes to pursue a career in firefighting down the road. Both of them have completed their initial National Coaching Certification Programs (NCCP) and have moved into the coaching ranks. Dubé is already excited by working with younger athletes. “It’s really been rewarding to start coaching alongside my former coach Yvan Desjardins and with Michelle Godbout. I am really looking forward to staying involved in the sport by helping young skaters achieve their dreams.”
    Jessica Dubé's previous pairs partner, Bryce Davison, is busy coaching young skaters - here's a January 2013 article: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...ating-pro.html
    From the time he was seven, Bryce Davison represented the Hamilton Skating Club on the world stage as a competitive figure skater. Now retired from competing, he's representing the club in a new way: as a coach to some of Canada's best new talent.

"It's about giving back," Davison said in a phone interview from the 2013 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships in Mississauga.

"We're all in it to help young skaters — and this sounds corny, but it's the truth — to help young skaters become the best that they can be."
    FSWer, feel free to ask questions in this thread if you want to know about the status of specific skaters or teams that you're not sure about.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-18-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I think it's a good idea to start a thread that lists the pair/dance splits and retirements of the skaters that FSWer knows. Here are two recent news items:

Lindsay Davis and Mark Ladwig split after 2013 U.S. Nationals - USFS' press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48971&type=media

Jessica Dubé and Sébastien Wolfe retire from competitive figure skating - Skate Canada press release (Jan. 9, 2013): http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/Ne...S/Default.aspx

FSWer, feel free to ask questions in this thread if you want to know about the status of specific skaters or teams that you're not sure about.
    Thanks. Can we make this sticky?...WHAT?!! That's a first in Partnership History. A partnership only lasting for 1 Competition. BTW. is Amanda Evora looking for a new Partner?

vCash
    Lindsay Davis and Mark Ladwig competed for one season together (a few summer competitions in 2012, 3 international competitions this past fall, plus 1 Nationals).

Amanda Evora is coaching in Florida and is not looking for a new partner, as far as I know. Here are a couple of photos of "Coach Amanda" at 2013 U.S. Nationals in Omaha, Nebraska on her club's site: http://www.swffsc.org/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-18-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Lindsay Davis and Mark Ladwig competed for one season together (a few summer competitions in 2012, 3 international competitions this past fall, plus 1 Nationals).

Amanda Evora is coaching in Florida and is not looking for a new partner, as far as I know. Here are a couple of photos of "Coach Amanda" at 2013 U.S. Nationals in Omaha, Nebraska on her club's site: http://www.swffsc.org/
    Gosh!!! Why 2 such short-lived Partnerships? Jessica didn't re-Partner too long ago either. What's her status?

vCash

I got to the site. But I don't see any photos.

vCash
    Can you see the 4 photos from 2013 U.S. Nationals on this page titled "Florida Skaters in the Spotlight!"?
    http://ellentonice.com/our-blog/entr...-the-spotlight
    The top photo shows "Coach Amanda" on the far left of the Florida pairs group and the bottom photo shows her with a young Novice pair team in the Kiss and Cry.

vCash
    Can you see the 4 photos from 2013 U.S. Nationals on this page titled "Florida Skaters in the Spotlight!"?
    http://ellentonice.com/our-blog/entr...-the-spotlight
    The top photo shows "Coach Amanda" on the far left of the Florida pairs group and the bottom photo shows her with a young Novice pair team in the Kiss and Cry.
    Can you post the direct link to the actual page? All I got was the clubs site. Amanda isn't even listed under the "Coaching Staff" Link.

vCash
    Here's a direct link to the photo of Coaches Jim Peterson (man on left) and Amanda (on right) with their young Novice pair team in the Kiss and Cry at Nationals: http://ellentonice.com/images/easybl...h-Kiss-Cry.JPG

vCash
    Here's a direct link to the photo of Coaches Jim Peterson (man on left) and Amanda (on right) with their young Novice pair team in the Kiss and Cry at Nationals: http://ellentonice.com/images/easybl...h-Kiss-Cry.JPG
    WOW!!! Amanda looks different as a coach. The Girl on the right in the Black and white,right? BTW. can anyone identify the young Pair Team? What do we know about them? Can you also post the links to the other Photos?

vCash
    WOW!!! Amanda looks different as a coach. The Girl on the right in the Black and white,right?
    Yes, that's Amanda.

BTW. can anyone identify the young Pair Team? What do we know about them?
    Their first names are Grace (age 12) and Noah (age 17) and they finished 6th in Novice Pairs at 2013 Nationals.

Can you also post the links to the other Photos?
    There's only one other photo and it's kind of dark: http://ellentonice.com/images/easybl...hips-Omaha.jpg
    Amanda is on the far left, standing next to Felicia Zhang (red dress) and Nathan Bartholomay (blue shirt, holding flowers) who won the bronze medal in Senior Pairs at 2013 Nationals, who Amanda helped coach with head coach Jim Peterson (man wearing the glasses).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-19-2013 at 12:54 AM.

vCash
    Yes, that's Amanda.

Their first names are Grace (age 12) and Noah (age 17) and they finished 6th in Novice Pairs at 2013 Nationals.

There's only one other photo and it's kind of dark: http://ellentonice.com/images/easybl...hips-Omaha.jpg
    Amanda is on the far left, standing next to Felicia Zhang (red dress) and Nathan Bartholomay (blue shirt) who won the bronze medal in Senior Pairs at 2013 Nationals, who Amanda helped coach with head coach Jim Peterson (man wearing the glasses).
    COOL!!!! Were they on TV.? I don't remember seeing them. Unless there a Team I don't reconize easily. Do we have a Skating Photos of them? What Level are they? What moves do they have?

vCash
    Grace & Noah weren't on NBC's broadcast of Nationals because Novices aren't shown on TV (they can do double jumps and double throw jumps), but the Senior pair team of Felicia Zhang (age 19) & Nathan Bartholomay (age 23) were on TV and skated very well, with triple jumps, triple twist lift, and triple throws. I'll try and find some skating photos of Zhang & Bartholomay later.

vCash
    COOL!!!! Were they on TV.? I don't remember seeing them. Unless there a Team I don't reconize easily. Do we have a Skating Photos of them? What Level are they? What moves do they have?
    BTW. at the 2013 Nationals,what were these 2 introduced as? I notice that we only know their names as Grace and Noah. So I'm assuming that young Pair and (or) Ice-Dance Teams under 18 are not introduced by last names?

vCash
    Grace & Noah weren't on NBC's broadcast of Nationals because Novices aren't shown on TV (they can do double jumps and double throw jumps), but the Senior pair team of Felicia Zhang (age 19) & Nathan Bartholomay (age 23) were on TV and skated very well, with triple jumps, triple twist lift, and triple throws. I'll try and find some skating photos of Zhang & Bartholomay later.
    Say,when we talk about not shown on TV. because of Level,are talking about..the TV. Station desiding to edit those Levels THEMSELVES...because they think Novices are boring,are we talking about the Federation working together with the station and desiding togethe that Novices are boring to watch..OR are we talking about a rule in the Rulebook saying that Novices aren't allowed to be shown?

vCash
    Are there any Skating Photos of Grace and Noah? I saw the pic. How cute.

vCash
    Are there any Skating Photos of Grace and Noah?
    I can't find any that aren't in the Icenetwork.com photo galleries that your computer won't let you view, sorry.

U.S. TV networks don't show Novice or Junior level events at Nationals because they only have limited time to televise the Seniors (usually just the top ones).

BTW, you asked about Allison Timlen a while ago:
    Does anyone know what Level she is at now?
    She is at the Senior level in singles, and I thought you'd like to know that she is looking for a partner to learn pairs with for next season. If she finds a partner I will let you know by posting in this thread.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-20-2013 at 12:25 AM.

vCash
    I can't find any that aren't in the Icenetwork.com photo galleries that your computer won't let you view, sorry.

U.S. TV networks don't show Novice or Junior level events at Nationals because they only have limited time to televise the Seniors (usually just the top ones).

BTW, you asked about Allison Timlen a while ago:

She is at the Senior level in singles, and I thought you'd like to know that she is looking for a partner to learn pairs with for next season. If she finds a partner I will let you know by posting in this thread.
    LOL,if that's the only problem (limited Time). The way around that is to work the amount of Skaters they have in with the Networks. BTW. why because of what they can do? Are you able to Google Skating photos of Grace and Noah? I really wish Allison luck btw.

vCash
    Does this picture of Grace Knoop and Noah Chinault work for you, FSWer? It's from a local NY article about 2012 Easterns.

http://www.post-journal.com/page/con...id/594531.html

http://www.post-journal.com/photos/news/lg/594531_1.jpg

eta: Fixed last name
    Last edited by ioana; 02-20-2013 at 03:04 AM.

vCash
    Thanks, ioana!

BTW. at the 2013 Nationals,what were these 2 introduced as? I notice that we only know their names as Grace and Noah. So I'm assuming that young Pair and (or) Ice-Dance Teams under 18 are not introduced by last names?
    They were introduced at 2013 Nationals with their full names - Grace Knoop and Noah Chinault.

FSWer, in case you didn't see or hear this news today, Lindsay Davis has found a new partner already - he is Rockne Brubaker who was a two-time U.S. National Pairs champion back in 2008 & 2009.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-20-2013 at 03:15 AM.

vCash
    I thought this was the participant skater forum.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast