Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Does anyone know if Russian TVTeka will stream Worlds live? If so, on what channel?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Does anyone know if Russian TVTeka will stream Worlds live? If so, on what channel?
    See this post in the 2013 Worlds forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3859739

Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Sylvia, you would be doing a great favor for many people, I think, and if you come across any pay per view info for later viewing (because of work, I can't watch live) that would be incredible...

ETA - I see Icenetwork will offer Worlds PPV after the fact?
    Yes, Icenetwork's Season Pass subscribers can watch Four Continents and Worlds on demand (not live). Worlds videos will be available on Sunday, March 24.

I'll start a new 2013 Worlds un-geoblocked viewing options thread by Tuesday.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-12-2013 at 04:43 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    Thank you for this update--this is great news!!!
    You are so welcome! I just finished "auto tuning" all the skating which starts tomorrow at 11 a.m. (central) beginning with the Pairs Short. I'm so glad that US gave us this free trial period! I guess I should say that DirecTV gave us the free trial period.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    For those that use their provider accounts to stream the Universal Sports coverage - especially DirecTV folks - do you authenticate successfully through the US website? Have you had any problems?

When I use "sign in with provider" and put in the DirecTV account email/pw combo, the stupid US site just boots me back to the logged out state with no feedback. I know the account is fine, I can log into the DTV website, ipad and iphone apps with it, view the account info, view the lineup and services (which clearly confirm it has the sports pack), control the receivers and DVRs.

The FAQ says you need to set up an account with US. But I see no place to do that.

WTF? Anyone know?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastClub View Post
    For those that use their provider accounts to stream the Universal Sports coverage - especially DirecTV folks - do you authenticate successfully through the US website? Have you had any problems?

When I use "sign in with provider" and put in the DirecTV account email/pw combo, the stupid US site just boots me back to the logged out state with no feedback. I know the account is fine, I can log into the DTV website, ipad and iphone apps with it, view the account info, view the lineup and services (which clearly confirm it has the sports pack), control the receivers and DVRs.

The FAQ says you need to set up an account with US. But I see no place to do that.

WTF? Anyone know?
    I'm with DISH. I haven't had any problems. There is a customer service link at the bottom of The Universal Sports home page. That page includes a phone number. You might try that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I'm with DISH. I haven't had any problems. There is a customer service link at the bottom of The Universal Sports home page. That page includes a phone number. You might try that.
    It's not my DirecTV account - it's been very generously provided to me. So I can't contact them... the reason why I'm asking here for others' input....

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Well, I just signed in using my e-mail address and password with DirecTV on the US website without a problem. Apparently even though I don't have the Sports Pack, it's still allowing me to sign in because of the free trial period. So that means I can watch on TV tomorrow and the live streaming on the Universal Sports website.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    (repeating from the Worlds forum in Premium area)

I was lucky enough to see the competition live, as a member of a tour group. However, I write the following on behalf of family and friends who were not so lucky:

Damn NBC for not airing ANY of the Worlds live...the year before their beloved Olympics that they trumpet so loudly. (I realize, Lindsey Vohn is not a figure skater.) Also, feck UnivSports for trying to force Americans to hang an ugly dish from their homes and pay through the nose to watch this -- even to be able to watch on UnivSp online. Thanks goodness that US fans who couldn't travel to Canada and didn't want to buy into the ridiculous DirectTV scheme found 'other avenues' (Latvia, Russia, etc.). For every greedy trick, there is ingenuity to get around it. Thanks to all of you who helped those in need; heck, my husband has now bought a box of "Wellwoman" to show his gratitude.
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 03-17-2013 at 01:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    (repeating from the Worlds forum in Premium area)

I was lucky enough to see the competition live, as a member of a tour group. However, I write the following on behalf of family and friends who were not so lucky:

Damn NBC for not airing ANY of the Worlds live...the year before their beloved Olympics that they trumpet so loudly. (I realize, Lindsey Vohn is not a figure skater.) Also, feck UnivSports for trying to force Americans to hang an ugly dish from their homes and pay through the nose to watch this -- even to be able to watch on UnivSp online. Thanks goodness that US fans who couldn't travel to Canada and didn't want to buy into the ridiculous DirectTV scheme found 'other avenues' (Latvia, Russia, etc.). For every greedy trick, there is ingenuity to get around it. Thanks to all of you who helped those in need; heck, my husband has now bought a box of "Wellwoman" to show his gratitude.
    Here, Here!!!

And, of course, you realize that Universal Sports is part of the NBC Universal umbrella. So they are all interconnected. This is the stuff I've been screaming about for some time now. I'm glad that the USFSA allowed Ice Network the ability to circumnavigate this black hole and put the fan back into skating.

And, again, thank you so much to Laftian TV who was so kind as to not geo-block their extraordinary wall-to-wall coverage of this international event.

One additional FECK to the president of the ISU for skipping Worlds in favor of some other event. If fanship is waining, all we have to do is go to the top of the pecking order to see how much respect HE shows.

And, of course, we won't even get into the scoring! I've ranted enough in this post. After all, we DID SEE some SPECTACULAR SKATING among the mix!

When cable system$ and broadca$t entitie$ di$agree, the viewer pay$ the ultimate price.
    I think all U.$. tv viewers should write to the FCC and make this type of mega-entitie$ stop their childi$h bickering and make their "users", we VIEWERS, their main concern. Without VIEWERS there are no broadcast entities and no need for cable systems!

vCash
    Bumping this thread up. Don't forget NBC will be airing 2 hours of Worlds coverage today (3/23) at 12:00-2:00PM Eastern Standard Time.

I hope we get to see actual skating and not a whole lot of fluff. lol

vCash
    Thanks for the reminder! I've started a thread in the Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry for those who'd like to chat during the broadcast: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...-noon-2-pm-ET)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12