Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,930
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    US TV schedule for Worlds

    Does anyone know if there will be any NBC broadcast of Worlds this year? Sorry if this is a facile question, but I'm trying to figure out whether to buy an IN subscription for Worlds or not .. Thx for any info.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,551
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    41455
    I saw an advertisement during NBC's U.S. Nationals coverage for a Worlds broadcast on NBC - it will be a taped highlights show, shown one week after Worlds, like last year. Someone posted in the Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry that it will be 2 hours on March 24.

    Due to Universal Sports holding the live or first broadcast TV & streaming rights, IceNetwork will only have Worlds videos on demand - available on Sunday, March 24: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

    Universal Sports' TV schedule for Worlds isn't posted online yet, last I checked.

    ETA: Fortunately, this will be the last year that Universal Sports will control the live streaming rights - see this GSD thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...s-thru-2017-18
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-15-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,997
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Neither Universal Sports nor NBC have schedules for the week of Worlds up yet. Will post as soon as I see something, although Hisweirness will probably beat me to it.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,997
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Still no schedule from NBC or Universal Sports. NBC has their general schedule posted for up to March 17th so either they are not planning anything until later or they haven't finalized their plans, or they are not planning to broadcast worlds. Universal sports has some live events post for April but nothing so far for skating and worlds.

  5. #5
    Internet Beyotch
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    15,804
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    23556
    They aren't planning to show Worlds until March 24th. That was posted somewhere else.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,997
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    They aren't planning to show Worlds until March 24th. That was posted somewhere else.
    Certainly possible with NBC. However. Universal Sports should be streaming live. "Should," being the operative word.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,551
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    41455
    Saturday, March 23rd is the date of NBC's highlights show the week after Worlds - here's the promo: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vu6vsw7-rFQ

    Doesn't Universal Sports' figure skating schedules usually turn up online pretty close to the event? Patience!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,997
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Saturday, March 23rd is the date of NBC's highlights show the week after Worlds - here's the promo: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vu6vsw7-rFQ

    Doesn't Universal Sports' figure skating schedules usually turn up online pretty close to the event? Patience!
    I'm just frustrated because Universal already has live streaming for running events on March 17th and April 15th listed. I wish they could be a bit more organized with skating.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    78
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I find Univer$al Sports to be totally contemptuous, and am THRILLED that IceNetwork has gotten the rights to show these important international events. I just hope that this was due to an uproar on the part of u.s. fingure skating fans everywhere. Allowing a 75 SECOND preview of anything is pretty much USELESS. AND they didn't even offer a subscription for those cable systems that won't bend to their overvalued co$t plan. When cable system$ and broadca$t entitie$ di$agree, the viewer pay$ the ultimate price.

    I think all U.$. tv viewers should write to the FCC and make this type of mega-entitie$ stop their childi$h bickering and make their "users", the VIEWER their main concern. Without VIEWERS there are no broadcast entities and no need for cable systems!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,551
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    41455
    FIGURE SKATING WORLDS
    Figure skating fans from around the world will be heading to London, Ontario for the 2013 ISU World Figure Skating Championships. The best 200 figure skaters in the world will compete at the event. Live online streaming will begin on Wed., March 13th at 11:00am ET.
    Schedule should appear eventually here: http://universalsports.com/figure-skating/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Geocaching
    Posts
    1,448
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1654
    Quote Originally Posted by momnatur View Post
    I find Univer$al Sports to be totally contemptuous, and am THRILLED that IceNetwork has gotten the rights to show these important international events. I just hope that this was due to an uproar on the part of u.s. fingure skating fans everywhere. Allowing a 75 SECOND preview of anything is pretty much USELESS. AND they didn't even offer a subscription for those cable systems that won't bend to their overvalued co$t plan. When cable system$ and broadca$t entitie$ di$agree, the viewer pay$ the ultimate price.

    I think all U.$. tv viewers should write to the FCC and make this type of mega-entitie$ stop their childi$h bickering and make their "users", the VIEWER their main concern. Without VIEWERS there are no broadcast entities and no need for cable systems!
    Totally contemptuous?

    Actually, considering the MAJOR (yes I mean to be shouting) problems I had with IceNetwork several years ago (and 2 months to get my $$ back from them - long story), I sure hope they've gotten their act together if I'm going to be stuck with them next season. Other than a few minor freezes with Universal Sports, I have had no problem with them.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,186
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3200
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    Totally contemptuous?

    Actually, considering the MAJOR (yes I mean to be shouting) problems I had with IceNetwork several years ago (and 2 months to get my $$ back from them - long story), I sure hope they've gotten their act together if I'm going to be stuck with them next season. Other than a few minor freezes with Universal Sports, I have had no problem with them.
    But is sucks for people who can't get Universal Sports. At least Ice Network is available to anyone who wants to pay for it. And I've had very few problems with IN. A freeze here and there but it seems so get better each year.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    78
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    Totally contemptuous?

    Actually, considering the MAJOR (yes I mean to be shouting) problems I had with IceNetwork several years ago (and 2 months to get my $$ back from them - long story), I sure hope they've gotten their act together if I'm going to be stuck with them next season. Other than a few minor freezes with Universal Sports, I have had no problem with them.
    Sassafras, how are you able to watch Universal Sports online? Does your cable/satelite company carry them? If so, then why are you not watching things that way.

    Don't get me wrong, IceNetwork can be TOTALLY exhasperating at times. And, on principle alone, I do not like to pay for internet feeds. But like many of us, I was between a rock and a virtual space, with figure skating events going on without my ability to see them, read about them or even watch the standings update live. I do hope that next year will be much better, but, I am willing to crawl, in order to walk.




    When cable system$ and broadca$t entitie$ di$agree, the viewer pay$ the ultimate price.
    I think all U.$. tv viewers should write to the FCC and make this type of mega-entitie$ stop their childi$h bickering and make their "users", the VIEWER their main concern. Without VIEWERS there are no broadcast entities and no need for cable systems!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,997
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Universal offers both online streaming and TV coverage. The online streaming is usually live while TV coverage is often delayed. Also, the streaming coverage is usually longer.

    Here is the Universal Sports schedule. http://universalsports.com/2013/02/2...viewers-guide/

    Here's the NBC schedule

    SATURDAY, MARCH 23, 2013

    Noon – 2 p.m.

    WORLD FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS (taped)

    Commentators: Terry Gannon, Scott Hamilton, Andrea Joyce

    Site: Ontario, Canada
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 03-02-2013 at 04:18 AM.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,458
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Damnit why can't Universal Sport sell Worlds streaming in some kind of pay-per-view arrangement?

    At this stage it looks like there's no way of actually watching Worlds live this year.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,930
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I was on the Universal Sports website. In Summation - in the US, one must be subscribed to a particular cable/satellite provider to access Universal Sports online to watch Worlds? In other words, one cannot just go online and directly buy a Universal sports package to watch Worlds?

    I have AT&T U-Verse, which doesn't offer Universal Sports.

    Thus, one's only hope in the US is to 1) wait for the lame NBC, 2-hour, 1-week late highlight reel or 2) find a stream online from another country as it happens?

  17. #17

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,551
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    41455
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I was on the Universal Sports website. In Summation - in the US, one must be subscribed to a particular cable/satellite provider to access Universal Sports online to watch Worlds? In other words, one cannot just go online and directly buy a Universal sports package to watch Worlds?
    Yes and yes. It's been like this all season, starting with the Grand Prix events after Skate America, and fans in the US without access to Universal Sports have been complaining all season, too.

    ... find a stream online from another country as it happens?
    If you have a TVTeka subscription for Russian TV, Worlds will be shown live on two channels. Eurosport is also broadcasting live - check out the "Eurosport coverage" thread for Worlds broadcast times.

    ETA: I should probably start a separate thread for Worlds live and un-geoblocked streaming coverage here in TV Alerts for those who don't have access the 2013 Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry where this information is posted.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-09-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,930
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Yes and yes. It's been like this all season, starting with the Grand Prix events after Skate America, and fans in the US without access to Universal Sports have been complaining all season, too.


    If you have a TVTeka subscription for Russian TV, Worlds will be shown live on two channels. Eurosport is also broadcasting live - check out the "Eurosport coverage" thread for Worlds broadcast times.

    ETA: I should probably start a separate thread for Worlds live and un-geoblocked streaming coverage here in TV Alerts for those who don't have access the 2013 Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry where this information is posted.
    Sylvia, you would be doing a great favor for many people, I think, and if you come across any pay per view info for later viewing (because of work, I can't watch live) that would be incredible...

    ETA - I see Icenetwork will offer Worlds PPV after the fact?
    Last edited by olympic; 03-09-2013 at 09:21 PM.

  19. #19
    aka IceSkate98
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Twilight Zone
    Posts
    6,984
    vCash
    12630
    Rep Power
    90047
    I just saw this message from DirecTV. Some awesome news for those of us who have DirecTV but can't afford to purchase the Sports Pack in order to watch Universal Sports. DirecTV is giving a free trial period from 3/10 through 3/19 of Universal Sports on channel 625.
    Angie
    ďI have not failed. Iíve just found 10,000 ways that wonít work.Ē ~ Thomas A. Edison

  20. #20
    gold dust woman
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,054
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I just saw this message from DirecTV. Some awesome news for those of us who have DirecTV but can't afford to purchase the Sports Pack in order to watch Universal Sports. DirecTV is giving a free trial period from 3/10 through 3/19 of Universal Sports on channel 625.
    Thank you for this update--this is great news!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •