Thread: Question

vCash

Question

O.k. - I've been on this board (on and off) for quite a few years now and I'm still a computer idiot. Every once in awhile I notice "notifications" at the top of my screen. And it says I have "reputations points". What is it and why do I have them? Can I turn them in for cash? LOL!!!!!!!!

vCash
    I believe reputation points are explained in the FAQ section. Basically it's a way of giving a thumbs up or thumbs down to someone's post. The more thumbs up you get, the more rep points you collect. The more thumbs down you receive, the fewer points you'll have. It doesn't translate into vcash or anything else I'm afraid.

vCash
    Link to the Reputation FAQ thread that's stickied at the top of the Board Business section: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...Reputation-FAQ
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    I believe reputation points are explained in the FAQ section. Basically it's a way of giving a thumbs up or thumbs down to someone's post. The more thumbs up you get, the more rep points you collect. The more thumbs down you receive, the fewer points you'll have. It doesn't translate into vcash or anything else I'm afraid.
    I was just kidding! I don't even know what vcash is.

Anyway, so it's just like "likes" on Facebook?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    I was just kidding! I don't even know what vcash is.

Anyway, so it's just like "likes" on Facebook?
    Sort of, but you get comments.

If you click on Reputation Points when it first shows up, you can read the comments. Otherwise, you can go to Settings and see what people have said about your posts.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    ignore me, sorry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Anyone can receive "rep", but to give it you need to be a paid member. Giving rep is done by clicking on the black star below all the information listed below someone's username. There is also a "Board Business" section where lots of stuff like this is discussed. It is quite helpful and even fun sometimes! Here's the link to that forum:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/foru...Board-Business
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.