Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Last night went as expected. On a side note, has anyone noticed the dancing in those short exit-to-commercials and back-again? Some of it is choppy but a few look down right dangerous! I don't know which male pro it is but he seems to fling his partner without regard for her safety. Not one of the well known ones, maybe somebody from the troop. It made me cringe. Anyone who has ever danced has probably encountered someone whose skill level was higher and he has been angry that his partner is not at his level so he pushes harder; partner knows it's beyond her capabilities, tenses up and injuries ensue. Yuck!
    And on another side note: watched Ellen yesterday and she had a lot of the SYTYCD winners on. It was wonderful! Really refreshing! I wish they'd come on DWTS and do a number. I know some have done a few bits here and there but the whole crew? Wow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    On a side note, has anyone noticed the dancing in those short exit-to-commercials and back-again?
    Those are too confusing for my wee-brain. I fast-forward through the commercials to the show, and then there's a couple already dancing and I don't even know their names. Then I wonder if I fast-forwarded too much, so then I reverse, and find out I didn't fast-forward too much. I don't watch DWTS to think this hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    Maybe I dreamed it, but I believe they did that once in season 7 (I think, I recall Lance and Lacey being there). I believe it was a three night week with double elimination and one of the couples was eliminated on the second day of competition. IIRC the couples were told on the spot whether they'd be dancing or not.
    I'm not 100% sure though.
    I know that in season one the elimination and performances were all on the same night (Wednesdays). The way people were elminated was:

Everyone dances week one and gets judges scores.
    People voted.
    Everyone dances again the next week for judges scores and those three were combined to determine who was eliminated at the end of the show.

I know there have been attempts over the seasons to shake things up a bit, especially when people have had to drop out. I know that when Lance and Lacey were on the show it was the same season where Misty-May got hurt and had to withdraw.
    Last edited by ArtisticFan; 05-15-2013 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    Boo. I don't like the idea of changing it to just a one night show. Isn't part of the problem that it is on opposite the Voice?
    I have heard some celeb interviews where they were speaking about the Voice & saying they love the behind the scenes stuff, seeing all the coaching, the connections between the celebs and singers, etc.
    I think DWTS could be more like that as well. I even miss them having the hour recap before the results show where they show what was said and so on. Some of the Macy's Stars of Dance things this season were not that interesting. I think one was red squares on the backs, and then the young girl from Camden was very difficult to understand and used poor grammar for a girl her age. I felt sorry for her that no one corrected her when she was going on TV to speak for her group, but then I saw the staff in another interview on another station and they spoke the same way. The story was inspirational, but I know some people lose interest if they can't understand what is being said..same with thick accents though I can often deal with those myself.
    Maybe it was tougher this season since we just left a season of "All-Stars" so the level was different. It seemed it was not enough ballroom to start and they have been allowing rowdiness in the audience as well which may change the atmosphere. I saw comments that some pro dancers have their own following which impacts the results. I don't think they should be removed for that though. I will say I did like the new guy, Gleb.
    Does anyone from the network ever lurk here?
    Maybe we should email our opinions directly.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    what will become of dance center?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    what will become of dance center?
    Bumping this up for tonight's final, part 1.

I assume Dance Center, which I don't think we had this season (if we did it was early in the season), and other elements of the results show will be brought into Monday's show.

vCash
    So, predictions on how everyone is going to finish tonight?

My gut tells me Jacoby 4th, Aly 3rd and Kelli and Zendaya battling for top 2 (not sure who will take out the win) ALTHOUGH Aly could sneak in for 2nd because she has been trending upwards. But I'm pretty sure she can't win.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    this doesnt feel like a finale
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Too many people, lol!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I missed a lot of the middle of the season, so things all seem sort of disconnected for me.

I still enjoy the show, but the judges' histrionics and the gimmicky "new" dances do wear thin.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I don't understand where the dancing was in Jacoby's freestyle, lol.

vCash
    I loved the 40 sec dance, all the couples did great and the first dances were all good. Still hoping for a Zendaya/Val win. Wasn't a big fan of Jacoby's free dance. Surprised that no one is posting.

vCash
    If any of you want to contact ABC to support the DWTS show, here is a link:
    http://abc.go.com/site/contact-us
    Last edited by smileyskate; 05-21-2013 at 02:45 AM.

vCash
    As much as I dislike Derek and his smugness somedays, Kellie's freestyle was absolutely stunning. I am drawn to her because she is so real and down to earth. I love listening to her, and she's a great human being. I hope she wins!
    Kyle

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I really liked that from Kellie and Derek. It was nice to not have so many other elements in the dance. And those were some very difficult moves for Kellie.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    So...how is this freestyle and not "contemporary?"

"Bared her soul?" They did the same routine as every contemporary routine--a bunch of cuddling and rolling and flipping over. That was boring. Aly's felt really short. Jacoby's felt like "If we hide behind all these people"...I'm hoping Zendaya's entertaining.

Though I've done pole class and Mark's not kidding, when you start out your legs look like someone hit you with a crowbar. I'm not even sure HOW it happens.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Double post...

vCash
    Kellie/Derek were great. I was going to give them a vote or two and all their lines are busy. I was able to get through to Zendaya/Val. Hope that doesn't mean they are not getting many votes. That and them being in the bottom 2 last week, doesn't look good for them.

vCash
    I thought Kellie and Derek were breathtaking! The lifts were strong, almost skating lifts. I thought Jacoby's dance was blech, didn't like the kids joining in. Relying on the cute factor? Allie and Mark had a very interesting and demanding performance. But, what was it? Dance? Not sure. Kellie and Derek had the same strength level, but made it look elegant and effortless. Not impressed with Zendaya and all of the kids. What is with the extras?
    Last edited by cruisin; 05-21-2013 at 03:07 AM.

vCash
    Zendaya loses points X 20 million for going with Bieber
    Kyle

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast