Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Do you think Val has ever danced hip hop before? How strange that in this case, the celeb will be the pro.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    But there was no reason that hip hop had to be one of the dances along with lindy, charleston and afro jazz. Something just seems odd when the celebrity is bringing her own teacher to help the pro dancer. But it's clear she's going to be in the final anyway, so it won't really impact the outcome.

ETA: tweet from Doug Razzano:

Afro-Jazz say what?!?!? Can that be the theme for the short dance this year? @USFigureSkating? ISU? Anyone? #DWTS
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Nice dive roll, Jacoby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    How convenient for Zendaya that she got a dance where she already had her own teacher.
    It sure is. I love it. Gooooo Zendaya and Val!!!!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Points based on judges' scores:
    1. Jacoby and Karina = 20.92%
    2. Aly and Mark = 20.92%
    3. Kellie and Derek = 20.57%
    4. Zendaya and Val = 19.50%
    5. Ingo and Kym = 18.09%

Less than 3% separating first from last. No one is safe. I don't know how big of a fan base Ingo has, but since he has already been in the bottom 2 I'd say he's toast.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    maybe i was expecting too much because hip hop is sanjaya's day job or something, i already cant remember it

eta i have no idea how jacoby is in the lead unless his mom is scarier in person
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Jacoby's mom really calmed down this week. Maybe she reads FSU!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Someone left the EDR TV on ABC, and I caught, by coincidence, Aly and Mark.

O_o

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Someone left the EDR TV on ABC, and I caught, by coincidence, Aly and Mark.

O_o

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    maybe i was expecting too much because hip hop is sanjaya's day job or something, i already cant remember it

eta i have no idea how jacoby is in the lead unless his mom is scarier in person

Well that was a fun night. Time well wasted! I'm thankful that Mom was more restrained than usual. Marks for Jacoby were generous but still, he did well and is really pushing to win. Loved Derek/Kellie's numbers. I think they should be higher than they are. I did not like the Afro tribal thing but do recognize that it was difficult; just not a style I like. I am still scratching my head over the hip hop dance. I really have no idea if that was good or not but you really have to admire Val for stepping out of the comfort zone and doing it. From what I've seen on SYTYCD, I'm sure purists would be complaining that this is a watered-down version made more palatable for wider audiences but I could be wrong. It was entertaining!
    Finals won't be the slam dunk I thought we'd have. I really don't care who wins this time although it would be nice to see Val get one.

vCash
    I, also, didn't get the love for Jacoby, last night. I thought his feet were iffy in the Argentine. And, I don't think they were in hold once for the Lindy. I know that's not a dance where you have to stay in hold, but...

Tranquillo
    vCash
    One thing I like about this crew is that I wouldn't be annoyed by any of the remaining 5 winning. I think the women are better than the men, but none of them have done anything to really annoy me and they all seem to work hard. Zendaya has had the most dance training, but she's also the youngest and that has some disadvantages too.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I didn't get the Aly love in the Rhumba or the Jacoby love in the Argentine. I guess in the Argentine, I was just looking at Karina, so if he was partnering her well enough that he did not stand out, it is not a bad thing. And I don't think there was that much Lindy in the Lindy, but he was fine in it.

Having just seen flamenco done by a professional company last Thursday, I didn't think Derek and Kellie were very good in the flamenco. But her tango was better than Jacoby's I thought.

Aly was good in the Afro Jazz, but we couldn't decide if it was offensive or not.

I can't remember anything Ingo did.

I thought Zendaya and Val messed around too much before getting into the quick step, and I hated the music for it. So frenzied. I was pleasantly surprised by him in the hip hop. She was good. It wasn't a blow you away routine though.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

I can't remember anything Ingo did.
    I haven't remembered anything Ingo did for the entire season. He's utterly forgettable.

I don't know if Aly and Mark were OFFENSIVE (was there any dragging by her hair?) but at the very least what I saw was in poor taste. Of course, so what that "caveman" trio thing (was that last season with Derek and Shawn?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I don't know if Aly and Mark were OFFENSIVE (was there any dragging by her hair?) but at the very least what I saw was in poor taste. Of course, so what that "caveman" trio thing (was that last season with Derek and Shawn?)
    I could understand if some were offended. I wasn't a fan of it and hated the trite nature of the costumes. The dance, costuming, lighting, etc., was nothing more than a stereotype and caricature of what it could have been.

Mark has been different this season. He does not seem to speak or even do more than just take up space at times. I realize that he's been hurt this season with his back and whatnot, but he has just seemed a little disinterested or disassociated with the show.

vCash
    Ingo isn't at the same level of any of the other potential finalists.
    However, he works hard; and has a good attitude about the experience.
    It makes me root for him, even though I doubt that he would finish higher than 4th.

vCash
    Ingo is not in the league with the other finalist, he tried hard, but I won't miss him. Am just not feeling the love for Ally/ Mark. Jacoby has grown on me and I would like for him to be #3. With Kellie #2 and Zendaya #1. (Kellie/Derek's programs were better than Zendaya/ Val last night, but still I love to watch Zendaya/ Val) Love, love, love this pairing.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont think ingo is any worse than jacoby. but i think ingo and kim have more of a rapport than jacoby than karina so if i had to pick one to stay, i'd pick ingo.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Wut.

How do they plan to do that? I know that you can have the results of voting in very quickly; when the BBC hosted a singing "audition" show they would film the performance and results show back to back with a short break in-between for voting, although they did air the results portion the next night (cut down on production costs, I'm guessing). But if they want to combine dancing and results in the same night, the show would have to get a lot longer, and I don't see that happening.

The only other thing I could think of would be to eliminate the losing couple at the beginning of each show, but that would be just cruel to make a celeb work their butt off for a week and then not get to perform. Ugh, I hope that's not what happens.

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast