Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

vCash
    Sean lacks personality and doesn't project to the audience.
    Andy tries; and wants to be there.

If he does make it through, he'll probably go home next week.
    Eventually, sincerity won't compensate for awful dancing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Sean lacks personality and doesn't project to the audience.
    Andy tries; and wants to be there.

If he does make it through, he'll probably go home next week.
    Eventually, sincerity won't compensate for awful dancing.
    Andy reminds me a little bit of Jerry Springer way back on Season 2 or 3...someone who I thought I would hate, but turned out to be a real performer who truly enjoyed the experience, even if he still wasn't a terrific dancer. Personality can only take a person so far past their dancing talent, but Jerry made it pretty far in his season.

vCash
    I wonder how many of the Splash contestants will show up on DWTS?

vCash
    I wouldn't want to do it, but is Tony Hawk skateboarding off the platform and jumping into the water really that impressing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    I'll never forget the Season 11 finale. At the top of the show Jennifer Grey claims she has a messed up disk in her back (her 37th injury of the season) and is not sure if she'll be able to dance. 30 minutes later she's dancing like an 18 year old girl at her first frat party (but with technique, of course). Point is, I knew she'd dance, she knew she'd dance, everyone knew she'd dance. But they did it to add to the drama.
    I agree she knew she'd dance if at all possible, but remember those kinds of injuries can wax and wane severely over a short period of time. In some cases you may feel really locked up but with physio and warming up, along with the adrenaline of the show, you can suck it up for a short performance. Also, Jennifer is a middle aged woman and at that age taking the pain can be a tougher ordeal than it may be for Mark the full time younger (well 30ish) dancer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    aly has enough over the top facial expressions to be an honorary ice dancer
    Ha! I agree with that. Maybe it looks less OTT from the audience than from on the TV. Also, enough with Derek taking the shirt off all the time. Who is telling this guy, and especially any of the smaller fellows, that this will get more points? I have even seen other posters complain about this with him and Mark over on other blogs.
    That said I am not a hater and can appreciate his talents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    I agree she knew she'd dance if at all possible, but remember those kinds of injuries can wax and wane severely over a short period of time. In some cases you may feel really locked up but with physio and warming up, along with the adrenaline of the show, you can suck it up for a short performance. Also, Jennifer is a middle aged woman and at that age taking the pain can be a tougher ordeal than it may be for Mark the full time younger (well 30ish) dancer.
    I hate to defend Jennifer Grey because she had a totally toxic personality, but she had a nerve block earlier in the day and there's no knowing how it will take effect and how long it will last. Also, she supposedly had back surgery a week or two after the season, so she did apparently have some sort of injury.

Last season, they did the whole thing where Mark and Derek walked in with Shawn in costume. It was only at the last moment Tom announced which of them would dance with her.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    I wonder how many of the Splash contestants will show up on DWTS?
    i hope they ask louie
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    aly has enough over the top facial expressions to be an honorary ice dancer
    Just finished watching her from last night and I can't argue with this, but after years of watching her be such a stoic competitor, I can see how her reaction might be to overcompensate a bit. It's kind of a shame that it seems there's very little chance of her going back to gymnastics because I'd love to see her bring the skills she learned on the show to a floor exercise (same goes for Shawn Johnson).

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    For Vancouverites, on Wednesday, 8 May, at the Orpheum Theatre:

Ballroom with a Twist is a critically acclaimed international dance production conceived and choreographed by ABC-TVs Dancing With the Stars, Emmy nominated, Louis van Amstel. This is a ground-breaking show, starring Dancing With The Stars pros Anna Trebunskaya (a veteran of ten seasons of DWTS), Jonathan Roberts, and Ashly Delgrosso Costa, So You Think You Can Dance finalists Randi Lynn Strong, Legacy, and Jonathan Platero and American Idol finalists Gina Glocksen and Von Smith.
    Music played by the Vancouver Symphony.

http://www.vancouversymphony.ca/concert/12SPEC14/
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Still watching Splash. I admire the guts to wear the swimsuit on TV, but at how ugly they are.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Just finished watching her from last night and I can't argue with this, but after years of watching her be such a stoic competitor, I can see how her reaction might be to overcompensate a bit. It's kind of a shame that it seems there's very little chance of her going back to gymnastics because I'd love to see her bring the skills she learned on the show to a floor exercise (same goes for Shawn Johnson).
    i have to agree, i laugh at her OTT-ness but i think it is nice to see her be a completely diff type of performer here
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I'm sorry but this dance from Aly/Mark is even more cringe-worthy than last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I wouldn't want to do it, but is Tony Hawk skateboarding off the platform and jumping into the water really that impressing?
    Well, he was pretty high up...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Zendaya safe and Jacoby in jeopardy.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Zendaya safe and Jacoby in jeopardy.
    at Tom being afraid of Jacoby's mom. He had a good night last night, I'm surprised he's in jeopardy.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Alie safe; Ingo in jeopardy.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Take this all with a grain of post-sucesss salt, but Aly recently announced publicly that she plans to be back in the gym as soon as DWTS is over and already has a start date. Now, I posted that with a disclaimer because gymnasts often say they plan to comeback and never do, but it is worth noting that Aly already has gymnastics plans for post-DWTS instead of "waiting and seeing". It makes sense that she would want to go back to the gym because it sounds like she still loves it and she doesn't have NCAA on the table anymore and this is her "career" for the time being, but yeah.

So I wrote this whole post to say that there's not a "very little chance" that she'll be back performing. I would say there is a very solid 50/50 that we'll see Aly in another gymnastics competition.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    was that adam lambert in the audience 2 seats from the drill team coach?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    allison and twitch after the break!

Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast