Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

vCash
    sorry if this has already been posted but Max was on General Hospital this week at the "Nurses Ball". He led/choreographed a number with all the GH male hotties called "Magic Milo" (one of the bodyguards...sorry I know too much). It was so clever, a guy strip tease which clearly all the men were not trained dancers. Anyway, Maxs shook his behind and then they all ended in their tighty whities with "NURSES BALL" spelled out on the back of their undies. It was a cute suprise!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I definitely want Gleb back.
    I found Gleb to be...smug?...too full of himself?...something that rubbed me wrong.

Val, on the other hand -- a kinder, gentler Maks --

vCash
    Thank you- I thought I was the only one who didn't like Gleb. Thought he was smarmy. Something about the way he uses his hands is so distracting- looks so feminine.

Loving Val this season.

vCash
    Another one who doesn't care for Gleb. Agree, he comes off way too full of himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Another one who doesn't care for Gleb. Agree, he comes off way too full of himself.
    I don't think he's too full of anything -- himself, personality, teaching ability. He is pretty, but he's got no personality.

vCash
    Gleb looks better in the rehearsal footages. His makeup in the competition and photo releases make his face look like a wax figure.

Bring back Dimitry!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I don't think he's too full of anything -- himself, personality, teaching ability. He is pretty, but he's got no personality.
    I don't need personality .. just to frame him and put him up on the wall so I can see the pretty every day.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post

Bring back Dimitry!
    dmitry is in my tv boyfriend hall of fame, id watch him do any and all shows.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    See, Dmitry does nothing for me. As for effeminate hands, all the Eastern European boys have them. (Heck, Slavik, Karina's old partner, was the feminine one in THAT partnership.) I prefer the English style which is a bit more self-contained and sharp. (See Derek, when he's not goofing around. He really should just be counting his blessings Mark and Julianne never smothered him in his sleep for being the extra-talented one. They're good, he's disgustingly good.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    (See Derek, when he's not goofing around. He really should just be counting his blessings Mark and Julianne never smothered him in his sleep for being the extra-talented one. They're good, he's disgustingly good.)
    I agree. Derek is my eye-candy. He's one of the rare ones who can make their partner look better than they actually are while looking pretty darned good themself. As long as he doesn't get too wild with stretching the rules and the concepts, he's pretty much the best choreographer they have.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Oh, I don't care about his choreography, it's usually not something I like (especially that rumba--I could find ten women in the B/C pro-am Open Latin who could do the split tricks in it and have much more interesting content in between), it's just he could have gone all the way in dance. He's THAT good. Didn't matter what girl he was with, he could win. ALWAYS beat Mark and Julianne. There are pros (probably a couple on the show) who'd happily cut off a finger to be as good as he could be if he'd applied himself to competing.

vCash
    See, Dmitry does nothing for me. As for effeminate hands, all the Eastern European boys have them. (Heck, Slavik, Karina's old partner, was the feminine one in THAT partnership.) I prefer the English style which is a bit more self-contained and sharp. (See Derek, when he's not goofing around. He really should just be counting his blessings Mark and Julianne never smothered him in his sleep for being the extra-talented one. They're good, he's disgustingly good.)
    Julianne has gone well beyond dance at this point. I think Mark would like to smother Derek now. Back when they were kids, Mark probably deluded himself into thinking he was as good as Derek. Now it's apparently clear he isn't. Dancers are performers. They want an audience. I doubt Derek has an iota of doubt about the path he chose. People in ballroom circles know who the champions are. A huge, mass audience knows who Derek Hough is. I think he made a wise choice.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Julianne has gone well beyond dance at this point. I think Mark would like to smother Derek now. Back when they were kids, Mark probably deluded himself into thinking he was as good as Derek. Now it's apparently clear he isn't. Dancers are performers. They want an audience. I doubt Derek has an iota of doubt about the path he chose. People in ballroom circles know who the champions are. A huge, mass audience knows who Derek Hough is. I think he made a wise choice.
    Yeah, but he'll never be as good an actor or musician as he could be a dancer. While there are people who'd die for that level of talent and will never care if they get a cameo as a punchline on "Psych" (Derek got namechecked on their anniversary "Clue" homage as having run off with one of the suspect's wives.) And meanwhile Derek is always going to be the DWTS guy in Hollywood, not an acting star. (Even the show he and Julianne are, what, producing? is about ballroom.) It would be like Yuna or Plushenko saying before their Olympics "Yeah, I know I'm a good skater and if applied myself I could win all the medals, but I think I'm going to go be on 'Survivor' instead because I'll have better name recognition." Most skating fans wouldn't say "Hey, at least they're famous for something."

Mark knew LONG ago, way before DWTS, because Derek always beat them (Mark and Julianne were partners.) Didn't matter which little English girl he danced with, he was number one. Julianne got her own back a little by dominating DWTS first, but Mark's never really outshone Derek and he knew long ago in a real competition, Derek wins the judges. They didn't need a TV show to know Derek's the better dancer. I have to wonder, considering their coaches were Mark's parents, if that stung him more than Julianne. DWTS is probably MORE annoying, though, because...fair enough, Derek's a better dancer. He'd have to have a really off day for real judges to place him behind Mark, Mark knows that. He's not a better teacher (DWTS has made THAT clear), gets mostly 'easy' and most critically popular celebs, meaning one place where being better technically shouldn't help, he's gotten a producer assist in keeping in front of Mark.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    sorry if this has already been posted but Max was on General Hospital this week at the "Nurses Ball". He led/choreographed a number with all the GH male hotties called "Magic Milo" (one of the bodyguards...sorry I know too much). It was so clever, a guy strip tease which clearly all the men were not trained dancers. Anyway, Maxs shook his behind and then they all ended in their tighty whities with "NURSES BALL" spelled out on the back of their undies. It was a cute suprise!
    The dance on Youtube
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    ^^ Richard Simmons ruined the whole scene.

vCash
    he's gotten a producer assist in keeping in front of Mark.
    I would guess that's because the producers know how popular Derek is and that it's in the best interest of the show to keep him and his celebrity partner in the running as long as possible.

I saw Julianne and Mark compete when they were kids. I still say Mark deluded himself that he was as talented as Derek. When Derek was winning, I'll bet Mark told himself people were just jealous of him because of who his parents are. The producers haven't stacked the deck for him like they have for Derek. It's because they consider him more expendable. Mark did win the mirror ball trophy before Derek and he's been to the final just as many times. He knows he can teach, but his choreography has often fallen short.

Derek may never really move beyond DWTS as Julianne has. Time will tell.

vCash
    I saw Tony and Maks on GMA today. Maks, Anna, Tristan, Chelsea and Tony will dance tonight. Tony says it will be the best dance ever on DWTS.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I have to wonder is the show going to be on tonight, given what's happened in Boston? Or at least if ABC will broadcast it. If they go ahead I hope someone has the class to say something appropriate. (Though even if they don't script it I'm sure Tom Bergeron will come up with something classy.)

vCash
    I'm sure they will still go ahead and broadcast, but I'm sure there will be some sort of tribute and acknowledgement (and definitely something more tomorrow). Aly lives near Boston so this will hit very close to home, much like when Hurricane Sandy affected Tony and his family.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    So the "side by side" is..let's throw people who'd barely pass as Full Bronze in the real world in next to two Professionals?

Clearly they've decided they haven't been cruel enough....that or they're assuming viewers can't really tell the difference.

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast