Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I've said all along, Wynonna doesn't have much of a "fanbase" anymore. That's not to say a lot of people won't buy her album; they might, if only for old times' sake. But she hasn't been a major name in country music in about a decade and a half.
    Agreed. Although I think in terms of raw talent she outweighed (no pun intended) most of the country Barbies singing these days. That does NOT include Miranda Lambert, whom I adore.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I think in terms of raw talent she outweighed (no pun intended) most of the country Barbies singing these days.
    Wy shows emotional depth when she sings and that connects her to the audience. Some of the young blondes don't emote. Carrie Underwood sings Stand By Your Man like she's mocking it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Agreed. Although I think in terms of raw talent she outweighed (no pun intended) most of the country Barbies singing these days. That does NOT include Miranda Lambert, whom I adore.
    We both like Kellie Pickler, and now we both like Miranda Lambert? That's it, I'm taking you country line-dancing with me next time I go.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Wy shows emotional depth when she sings and that connects her to the audience. Some of the young blondes don't emote. Carrie Underwood sings Stand By Your Man like she's mocking it.
    to be fair, it's mockable
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    to be fair, it's mockable
    Careful now, I'm sure the spirit of Miss Tammy can still lay a good country-fried whuppin'.

vCash
    To be fair to Miss Wynette, the world; and a woman's options, were very different when she wrote that.

vCash
    I admire Miss Tammy for standing by her husband. All five of 'em.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I admire her for making a $$$$ on that song regardless of her personal feelings.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I admire her for making a $$$$ on that song regardless of her personal feelings.
    That she did! The doorbell at her mansion played the song.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    My coworkers at the restaurant where the kitchen radio was on the local country station if the boss was there (which I didn't object to, except it meant hearing the same songs over and over and over and over) want to know how come in "every" Carrie Underwood song some guy's dying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    My coworkers at the restaurant where the kitchen radio was on the local country station if the boss was there (which I didn't object to, except it meant hearing the same songs over and over and over and over) want to know how come in "every" Carrie Underwood song some guy's dying.
    As a lifelong country fan, more and more I'm disturbed by how much country music uses domestic violence against men as a form of female empowerment. It isn't just Carrie either (although some of the dead men in Carrie's songs are tragically lost too- it appears to be her hook.)

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    As a lifelong country fan, more and more I'm disturbed by how much country music uses domestic violence against men as a form of female empowerment. It isn't just Carrie either (although some of the dead men in Carrie's songs are tragically lost too- it appears to be her hook.)
    Yeah, it was a statement when it was "Independence Day" (and it wasn't portrayed as necessarily a GREAT thing all-round), now they're distrubingly chipper about it....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    As a lifelong country fan, more and more I'm disturbed by how much country music uses domestic violence against men as a form of female empowerment.
    Hey now, the avenging victim makes for many a country song and Lifetime movie. In the old days, the wife directed her ire at the other woman rather than her cheatin' hubby; think Fist City, etc.
    Last edited by heckles; 04-06-2013 at 02:44 AM.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bj1HcZrltg

For those who remember this spotlight performance by Jonathan and Anna in tribute to Standard dancer Julia Ivleva--I'm sorry to report Julia lost her battle with cancer early this morning. This is hitting the US dance community rather hard....

vCash
    Beautifully done. This dance reminds me why I am missing Anna so much this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bj1HcZrltg

For those who remember this spotlight performance by Jonathan and Anna in tribute to Standard dancer Julia Ivleva--I'm sorry to report Julia lost her battle with cancer early this morning. This is hitting the US dance community rather hard....
    Such sad news about Julia.

And what a moving performance by Jonathan and Anna. Just beautiful.

vCash
    What a terrible tragedy; and beautiful tribute.
    May Julia rest in peace.

vCash
    I saw an interview with Kellie Pickler. She and Derek will dance the rhumba tonight. Kellie's husband will sing while she is dancing.

vCash
    Should be interesting. And Aly and Mark are doing Contemporary; I can't say I have high hopes but they might as well get it out of the way. :p Still mad that their Cha-cha got "wasted" on the first week; I always like to see those danced later on because they're so much better.

vCash
    I read online that Lisa fainted in rehearsal this week. Wonder what that is about?

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast