Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Still, contemporary did suit Dorothy for a first dance. Didn't have to shake her hips. Did what she does best.
    Wish she had "drawn" foxtrot so she could have highlighted her posture and balance.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Wish she had "drawn" foxtrot so she could have highlighted her posture and balance.
    I think she may have found the closed hold intimidating for a first dance. I'm sure she'll get it eventually. I hope.

vCash
    I hope that Dorothy draws Foxtrot and Waltz soon.
    I enjoyed her dancing last night, despite the small mistakes.

She'll go further than some have predicted.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    So do they all dance again tonight or is this elimination night?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    So do they all dance again tonight or is this elimination night?
    Neither. As I understand it, tonight is a "behind the scenes" look at rehearsals, etc. -- in figure skating lingo, "fluff." Next Monday everyone will dance again and the scores and votes from last night will be added to that night's. Next Tuesday will be the first elimination night.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Oh barf, thanks for telling me, I will watch something else.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Oh barf, thanks for telling me, I will watch something else.
    I have a meeting this evening after work and won't be upset if it runs late. There was more than enough fluffy filler last night for me.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I'll take NCIS over 'behind the scenes' DWTS. So far no one interests me enough to watch extra fluff. (Though "Splash" is macabrely tempting. And hey, they all apparently have more guts than I do, I'd wind up clinging to the rail by the ladder of the high dive sobbing and begging to get down. I'm really afraid of heights, let alone jumping on off them.)

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    speaking of splash, what the hell happened to joey lawrence?

it's his "hair"
    it has the nap of an indoor/outdoor rug
    Last edited by my little pony; 03-20-2013 at 12:30 AM.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I'd wind up clinging to the rail by the ladder of the high dive sobbing and begging to get down. I'm really afraid of heights, let alone jumping on off them.)
    Yeah, me too.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    If anyone missed Dorothy's dance last night, they have not shown it yet. I like this format of showing more of the trainings. I think if maybe they added a little more of that and less repeats of the first meeting fluff, they may attract a few more people interested in the technical side of things.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I concentrated on focusing on just Tony during Wy/Tony replay (cause I figure there won't be too many more opportunities to see Tony dance this season ). It hit me why I have always enjoyed Tony and his partner so much, even when he had clunkers (Kate anyone?). He doesn't over-dance or draw attention away from his partner. He sort of plays down to their level and doesn't become the center of attention to draw your eye away from the partner. That's what I find so distracting about Mark and Derek sometimes. They go way over the top with the moves that it makes me not even see their partner. When watching Tony with someone like Wy, I see him playing to her level and not showboating to draw attention away from her not so great dancing. I'm sssoooo glad Tony won last year, but even with Wy's fan base, I don't think they will be around much past week 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Neither. As I understand it, tonight is a "behind the scenes" look at rehearsals, etc. -- in figure skating lingo, "fluff." Next Monday everyone will dance again and the scores and votes from last night will be added to that night's. Next Tuesday will be the first elimination night.
    I wish they could do this every week. They cut out a whole hour of unnecessary chatter and showed all complete dances. Saved me a lot of FFing of Monday's show.

Is there any way to get them to stop shining those white spotlights into the camera? It was giving me such a headache.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Bump up for Week 2.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    our girl dorothy looked nervous but she still moves better than a lot of the other contestants
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Poor Dorothy! She's injured and had some missteps. An emotional Dorothy gets a 5 from each judge. Must vote now.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    That was kind bad. Okay, it was really bad. She's right, they were being nice. So vote your fingers off because that score was generous. (And on a side note, did she say cyst or abscess, because I know at least one other skater I've heard of had a cyst in the ankle, yes? Naomi Lang?)

Oh, God, another 'new' style, jazz....Bob Fosse called, he says don't.

vCash
    dorothy said it was a cyst.

vCash
    Jacoby could win this whole thing! He's got a huge fan base and he can dance!

vCash
    Poor Dorothy. The body just does not recover as quickly once you get out of your 20's. She looks great for her 50's that is for certain and I hope she feels better for next week's rehearsals.
    Last week, did anyone else get shades of Bristol Palin when they saw Ali come out dancing with Mark?
    Also, they showed a clip of her doing that supposedly sexy face and finger wave at Mark, lol. Combined with the cleavage of that pink dress (didn't mind the dress as much as some but the fake tatas weren't needed) it added to the Bristol look (if I remember correctly). The Disney kid didn't need that & scored just fine.

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast