Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    "Seven Nation Army" is dead to me. I just saw it danced to.

vCash
    Sean and Victor safe.....Lisa and Andy are in jeopardy.

vCash
    Very cool Stars of Dance.

vCash
    Aly and Sean safe. Wynona is in jeopardy.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    somewhere naomi is wuzrobbing herself of front row closeups
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    WOW Wynona is gone. I really thought her fan base would keep her but I guess her very low score did her in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    WOW Wynona is gone. I really thought her fan base would keep her but I guess her very low score did her in.
    Maybe they sensed how unhappy she was. I'm surprised, but pleased.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    im surprised too. wasnt she safe last wk before dorothy quit? maybe her fan base didnt think it was critical to power vote.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Does Wynonna still have fans? Were they attracted to her bubbly personality? Her love of dance? Her work ethic? She made Kate Gosselin look like a bouncy happy puppy.

So glad that face is off the tv. Poor Tony must have run over some producer's dog. It's the only explanation for who he gets stuck with most seasons.

vCash
    I missed Wynona's exit speech. Did she say something objectionable? I only ask because Brooke and Tom had the weirdest expressions as they closed the show.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Does Wynonna still have fans? Were they attracted to her bubbly personality? Her love of dance? Her work ethic? She made Kate Gosselin look like a bouncy happy puppy.

So glad that face is off the tv. Poor Tony must have run over some producer's dog. It's the only explanation for who he gets stuck with most seasons.

I pretty much said the same things tonight, only not as eloquently as you did! That's why I'm so glad Tony won last year. I bet they weren't thinking that Melissa would turn out as good as she was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post

They were on Good Morning America, this morning and Wynona said she told producers she would only do the show if Tony was available.

vCash
    I had heard that before the season started, also.
    Originally, I thought it a complement to Tony.
    However, given her attitude, it was just a reflection of her ego, and sense of "entitlement".

vCash
    I do think that Tony and Wynona got along well which is not always the case on DWTS. I saw the interview and she pretty much said that she was a singer and not a dancer but that she wanted to face her fears. She is anxious to get back to recording her album and performing for her fans.....who were obviously watching The Voice.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I think it's without question some of the Eastern European gymnasts of old were on something that kept them from growing and developing. As far as the Americans, I think they merely starve themselves. If you have minimal body fat, your body doesn't produce as much estrogen. Witness the fact that anorexics don't get their periods. Once female gymnasts start eating normally and have normal body fat, they get their periods and grow boobs. Aly is still a svelte young woman, but compared to her Olympic body she has blossomed considerably. I think Shawn was fairly round in terms of hips and boobs even when she was competing in gymnastics. Her development seems less extreme.
    Yeah--I do not believe the "they now eat a healthy balanced diet and are also naturally small" given the way they seem to go through puberty (something that gets delayed by being underweight/lacking a healthy amount of body fat) the instant they retire. I suspect looking at height there's permanent stunting of growth, though. At least they now look less emaciated while competing...

I watched this week but didn't bother with the results show. I found I actually didn't care THAT MUCH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Yeah--I do not believe the "they now eat a healthy balanced diet and are also naturally small" given the way they seem to go through puberty (something that gets delayed by being underweight/lacking a healthy amount of body fat) the instant they retire. I suspect looking at height there's permanent stunting of growth, though. At least they now look less emaciated while competing...

I watched this week but didn't bother with the results show. I found I actually didn't care THAT MUCH.
    That can happen, however I know several female athletes who grew very late. They stayed small - height and weight - didn't begin menstruation until 18 or 19, then suddenly grew. Some, even without increasing their caloric intake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I missed Wynona's exit speech. Did she say something objectionable?
    Not really objectionable, but she seemed more interested in promoting her upcoming album than in speaking highly of her DWTS experience as most outgoing stars do.

vCash
    I've said all along, Wynonna doesn't have much of a "fanbase" anymore. That's not to say a lot of people won't buy her album; they might, if only for old times' sake. But she hasn't been a major name in country music in about a decade and a half.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    But she hasn't been a major name in country music in about a decade and a half.
    She tried reuniting with her mother a couple of years ago, but Naomi is nuts. "Mama, He's Crazy" should have been "Mama, You're Crazy." Better for Wy to focus on her solo career even if she's selling less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I've said all along, Wynonna doesn't have much of a "fanbase" anymore. That's not to say a lot of people won't buy her album; they might, if only for old times' sake. But she hasn't been a major name in country music in about a decade and a half.
    When you're the musical talent at a Disson Skating show, as she has been a couple of times, it means your music career is no longer high impact.

Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast