Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    That was kind bad. Okay, it was really bad. She's right, they were being nice. So vote your fingers off because that score was generous. (And on a side note, did she say cyst or abscess, because I know at least one other skater I've heard of had a cyst in the ankle, yes? Naomi Lang?)
    Naomi Lang had a cyst in her heel I think. So did a couple of other skaters.

Dorothy's cyst is in her back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    wynonna barely moves her feet
    I hoped that Wynonna would assume Kirstie Alley's role of "ample mature female who can dance, to the chagrin of haters." Not happening so far.

vCash
    I missed the whole show, except for the last dance (Kellie), which was great.

How did Dorothy do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I missed the whole show, except for the last dance (Kellie), which was great.

How did Dorothy do?
    Dorothy didn't do well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Vote for Gleb.
    It's a pity Gleb isn't a figure skater. He's just what the Russian men need right now.

vCash
    Just watching Good Morning America. Sabrina Bryan doing DWTS commentary. She says that Lisa will go home tonight instead of DL. According to Sabrina the pro's have a "whole lot to do with who goes home"...........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    Just watching Good Morning America. Sabrina Bryan doing DWTS commentary. She says that Lisa will go home tonight instead of DL. According to Sabrina the pro's have a "whole lot to do with who goes home"...........
    DL was just as bad as Lisa was, and much worse in week one, but you could be right. That would mean no more Gleb. Was he too short for Disney girl ... or did Val have "seniority rights" for better partners?

Going just by dance ability, the semi-finalists would be Kelle, Zendaya, Jacoby, and Aly, but who knows? I, too, was pleasantly surprised about how much Andy got into this -- I wasn't expecting to like him at all. Aly did better this week -- and I thought her dress was 1000X better. Unbathed bachelor Sean's confession of lapse in personal hygiene was . I felt bad for Dorothy -- not being able to rehearse for two days certainly contributed to her poor performance, so I sent nearly all of my votes her way. I'm hoping for better things for her -- and if Gleb has to go, then Tristan certainly needs to stay longer.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    wynonna barely moves her feet
    Wynnona has a choreographer for her tours, even though she doesn't actually dance in her shows. For example, the choreographer tells her, "this is a good part in the song to point to someone in the audience." Movement just doesn't come naturally for her.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    According to a post I read in passing on Facebook, Brian Boitano is drumming up support for Dorothy
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    I guess Disney Ringer is still bitter?

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I just want Dorothy to make it through a waltz/Viennese waltz or foxtrot.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I'm voting 75% Dorothy/25% Aly for now. I was impressed with Aly, I thought it was much better than last week. I hope Dorothy doesn't go home because of that dance (I don't think she will), because I too would like to see her do a waltz or foxtrot, and I think she could do well in general, as long as she doesn't continue to struggle with injury. I didn't watch all the way to the end, so didn't see Kellie.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    I thought Kelle was incredible. Her feet and extensions were fabulous. She has to have had some dance training. Cheerleading does not give you the level of toe point that she has.

vCash
    Zendaya and Kellie are the surprises of the season, thus far.

vCash
    I agree. Kellie was really amazing. She looked like a pro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I thought Kelle was incredible. Her feet and extensions were fabulous. She has to have had some dance training. Cheerleading does not give you the level of toe point that she has.
    Depends on the style of cheerleading she did. I was on a sqaud in high school that emphasized jazz dance techniques along with stunting and tumbling, and our coach would if we didn't have perfect feet.

I'm sure she most likely had some sort of dance training though...most likely jazz or ballet at a local studio. A lot of cheerleaders cross train with dance and gymnastics.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I saw part of a cheerleading competition on TV the other night, and they did a hip hop routine, a jazz routine, and a more traditional cheer/acrobatics routine.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    DL was just as bad as Lisa was, and much worse in week one, but you could be right. That would mean no more Gleb. Was he too short for Disney girl ... or did Val have "seniority rights" for better partners?
    I would think they'd like to keep the Chemerkovsky they still have happy!

I didn't DISLIKE Kellie and Derek's...whatever...but that wasn't jazz. If they're going to insist on silly styles they should at least be consistent--how was that, AND Poker Face, AND whatever football boy had, all the same style?

I don't know, while Bitter Ex Disney has a point, pros do matter, I think she's overestimating the pulchritude factor--Gleb is hot, Cheryl is kind of old news. And unless Wynnona's fan base is voting like CRAZY, even Tony's giving off the 'given-up' vibe. I don't think they're expecting to last long. She and DL were pretty clearly the weakest links, no matter how the judges tried to prop up DL's quickstep. The Real Housewife may get saved by television-based fanbase plus hot new pro. (And just generally seeming a little more with the program than DL or Wynnona.)

vCash
    If that's the case, how did that Kate person stay so long

vCash
    I don't understand why the front row audience feel the need to stand up at the beginning of a dance and then throughout the entire number. As soon as one or two people in the front row stand up then it forces everyone to also stand up in order to see.

I agree that Kellie's extensions were so good.

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast