Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Cast photos.

Quote from DH about Tristan:
    What's not to love about him? I know some men who really love him, too!
    Ok, Dorothy, which male skater are you referring to?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    It could just be age-related, or rather appearance of age--you wouldn't have, for example, WANTED Tara trying to market something to the 25-45 market. No one would buy her as a "mature women" when she won the OGM. Gabby LOOKS younger so I would see having her market to the tween-teen demographic.
    Actually, the marketing approach used by team Tara impacted her endorsement-wise to an extent because they did exactly that, tried to market her to adult women, and it didn't work for her. I remember reading that the manager of the Olsen twins wanted to brand and market Tara in a similar manner. However, her agent and parents wanted to market her to the more lucrative 24 years old and up market and refused to target her to younger girls. It simply didn't work. Tara was 15 and looked about 12 when she won her OGM, and that's not a look you can sell to adult women. The approach somewhat backfired, and ironically, one of Tara's biggest endorsements ended up being "Limited, Too," which dressed the age 7 to 13 market.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

From the Bloc
    vCash
    That's interesting Yazmeen - considering the Olsen twins are enormously wealthy and influential and can now do anything they want, it's a shame Tara and her people didn't listen to them. Tara probably could have done a tidy business in straight to video skating movies and kid-friendly merchandise, even headline a short tour of Disney-type shows, and still do SOI and pursue more adult market opportunities. As the whole pro skating world fell apart, it could have been the foundation on which she built a real brand that might have found her in a very good position today.

vCash
    I never particulary thought Kristi struggled with endorsements. I was very young when she won Olympic gold (I was only 8 at the time), so I may not be the most accurate in regards to her endorsements, but I seem to remember her being in Wendy's commercials for years. She still seems to do much better now with endorsements than more recent champion skaters.

Maybe Tara could have made more money had she targeted the right audience, but she still seems to be plenty well-off today.

vCash
    Just saw Dorothy and Tristan interviewed on Good Morning America. Their first dance is the "contemporary" one. Both said it was new for them. Dorothy was saying that since SOI is over she will concentrate fully on dancing. Nice interview and they seem to be a solid partnership.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    "Contemporary"? What is this, "So You Think You Can Dance With the Stars"? I wish they'd stick to relatively straightforward dances the pros know....

vCash
    It's the worst kept secret in years but Bachelor Sean was on Good Morning America today. He is the 12th member of DWTS this season. Peta was with him. Catherine was there also. She said it would be a traditional wedding followed by Sean saying it would be on TV since that is how their romance began.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    ...... She said it would be a traditional wedding followed by Sean saying it would be on TV since that is how their romance began.
    Also meaning .... we want ABC to pay for it.

I also don't like the contemporary theme on DWTS. I want to watch actual ballroom dances on DWTS.

vCash
    I bet the Bachelor's second dance will be the Paso Doble so that he can be shirtless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I bet the Bachelor's second dance will be the Paso Doble so that he can be shirtless
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I've never seen The Bachelor, is shirtless a good thing?

vCash
    He's Pretty. I have only seen one episode and it was this year. He is memorable.

vCash
    With a little more than 24 hours before the premiere I am curious as to who will go first? I know a lot of "stars" have huge fan bases while others don't. Who do you think will go first? I don't know what kind of fan base Andy Dick, Lisa Vanderpump and Victor Ortiz have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I also don't like the contemporary theme on DWTS. I want to watch actual ballroom dances on DWTS.
    This. Leave the contemporary flailing crap to SYTYCD.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I'm going to withhold on hoping who goes until I see it...there have been people in the past (Jerry Springer, for one) who I've assumed were going to be disasters and they've turned out to be not so bad!

vCash
    Whee, one day till Aly and Dorothy!

vCash
    It's Dorothy Hamill time!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Wow Kelly looks great for being in her 40s! LOL

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Derek lucked out again. Kellie has a great body and good musicality. I actually liked her on AI.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast