Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prayers Needed

vCash
    I know I keep saying the same thing, but I really do appreciate all the support so much! And I come with even more good news; my dad will be moved out of the ICU tomorrow at some point (per the surgeon's orders) and it's quite possible that he'll be home by Wednesday at the latest. His heart rate is back within the normal range, and he did well with walking today. He even winked at me today! So, the cheeky personality is still there as well!

The valve test results showed that there was no growth of the bacteria, or that's what it sounded like the nurse said. I am not quite sure what that means for the rest of his heart, but hopefully it's positive. I'm believing it is, if the surgeon who said he shouldn't have survived says he's doing well enough to start thinking about home.

Hopefully he can just get enough rest now to truly recover-he is so tired. Apparently every time he falls asleep, someone magically appears and wakes him up! But, he knows they're just there to help him through this.

I'm back at school now, and it was so hard to leave him. But it's not as bad, knowing that I can come home in two weeks for spring break and I'll get to hang out with him.

vCash
    Glad to hear the encouraging news, lmarie086.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    This sounds very encouraging for your dad & your family!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Best wishes to your dad, you and your family. Wonderful news!
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I know I keep saying the same thing, but I really do appreciate all the support so much! And I come with even more good news; my dad will be moved out of the ICU tomorrow at some point (per the surgeon's orders) and it's quite possible that he'll be home by Wednesday at the latest. His heart rate is back within the normal range, and he did well with walking today. He even winked at me today! So, the cheeky personality is still there as well!

The valve test results showed that there was no growth of the bacteria, or that's what it sounded like the nurse said. I am not quite sure what that means for the rest of his heart, but hopefully it's positive. I'm believing it is, if the surgeon who said he shouldn't have survived says he's doing well enough to start thinking about home.

Hopefully he can just get enough rest now to truly recover-he is so tired. Apparently every time he falls asleep, someone magically appears and wakes him up! But, he knows they're just there to help him through this.

I'm back at school now, and it was so hard to leave him. But it's not as bad, knowing that I can come home in two weeks for spring break and I'll get to hang out with him.
    It is very true that the hospital is no place to get any rest. He will be much happier when he gets home. On the other hand, I hope he will do all the exercises (walking etc.) that he needs to do to get his strength back. My dad always said that his heart surgery was like hitting a brick wall. Sounds like your dad is having the same kind of experience.

Best wishes for your dad. Your news is encouraging. Hopefully, a few months from now, he will be back to his old self.

vCash
    Thank God for your good news! I'm so glad!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Very glad he is improving!

vCash
    Great news!!

vCash
    How wonderful to hear such great news. lmarie.

vCash
    Prayers said! If your dad might need rehab before he goes home, don't let the hospital discharge him or Medicare won't pay for it (been there with my dad). Talk to the medical social worker and get an honest opinion. My dad broke his hip and needed to go to a nursing home for rehab before going home.

vCash
    Hello friends! Again, thank you all! Your words of encouragement have been so helpful.

My dad is going home sometime today. Not sure when yet, but I got to talk to his nurses and they said he's making remarkable progress and he's doing well with his walks, so they said as long as we keep those-and his breathing exercises- up he'll be fine.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    So happy for this wonderful news! Prayers continue for a complete healing!

vCash
    lmarie: Wonderful news about your father's recovery! I'm sure he will be very glad to be back at home. Take care.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Wonderful news
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Truly wonderful news!

vCash
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I'm so glad for him, and for you.

vCash
    So glad for your dad and your family.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123