Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayers Needed

vCash

Prayers Needed

I thought there was a general thread for prayer requests, but I couldn't find it. So apologies if I missed it.

I just wanted to ask for prayers for my dad; he's been sick for the last month or so, and was admitted to the hospital about two weeks ago now. We thought it was just the flu, but then it progressed to being pneumonia. Then it was double pneumonia AND an infected aortic valve. He had valve replacement surgery yesterday, which was successful, but the surgeon found that his whole heart is infected.

We got a call from the surgeon after surgery was over that we should be prepared for the worst, on account of how bad the infection is. He said my dad is fighting hard, and I'll never be so grateful for his stubborn nature as I will be through this experience.

I drove home from school to be here for the surgery yesterday, and I've gotten to see him a few times. He looked a lot better this morning and he was awake and responsive. But I'm just here to ask for prayers, because he really needs them. Thank you.

vCash
    A prayer is lifted for your father.

vCash
    ((((lmarie086)))) My prayers are with him. My late-mother once had serious complications after maltreated acupuncture procedure--the infection almost got her heart-- and doctors told my family to prepare but she miraculously survived the surgery and recovered. Do believe in prayers.

vCash
    I'll be praying! Please keep us posted!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Sending good thoughts to your father and you.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Prayers said!!
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    (((Imarie)))

So sorry to hear of this. Here are some prayers for your Dad. I hope he recovers and gains full health.

vCash
    I'll say a special prayer for you, your dad and your family.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    My prayers are with you, as well.

vCash
    Sending my prayers to you, your father, and your family.

vCash
    ((lmarie and family)) Sending my prayers as well.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I will say a special prayer for your father and your family tonight. My thoughts and best wishes are with you. Hang in there and don't forget to take care of yourself during this very stressful and difficult time. God Bless.

vCash
    Adding my thoughts and prayers for your father and your whole family.

vCash
    Praying now.

vCash
    Prayer and healing thoughts for your father.

vCash
    I'll pray for you and your family this evening. AndI I echo what Bailey said: make sure to take care of yourself. My warmest thoughts go out to you. Peace.

vCash
    Thank you all so, so much. This all really means a lot.

We (my mom and I) went back down to the hospital this afternoon after going home for a quick cat nap. And when we got there my dad was more awake and actually talking to us-briefly of course, but it was good to hear his voice again. He's very sore, and more exhausted than he ever knew he could be, he said. A main concern right now is getting his heart rate back down-apparently it's common for about 30% of open heart surgery patients to have higher than average heart rate, and his was quite high. The nurses put him on some medicine to help bring it back down.

The old aortic valve is being sent out for testing to the medical staff can isolate what bacteria it was exactly. That will be a big help in determining how the ensuing treatments go.

My mom and I ran into the surgeon on our way to leave for home, and he was very frank with us. The only reason (that he could see medically) that my dad even survived the surgery is due to the strength of his heart. Because other than this horrible infection, his heart is really strong. The surgeon said my dad really shouldn't have made it through, and he believes God was in the room with him and that angels were watching over my dad, and that prayers were helping to save him. The fact that my dad made it through the night last night and is slowly starting to stabilize is good progress, but the surgeon said we still should be prepared for him to possibly not make it.

So please, keep praying for him. And I'll make sure to take care of myself so that I can help take care of him. That's my motivation right now.

vCash
    Lifting your father, you, and your family up in prayer.

vCash
    So sorry to hear about your father. Praying.

vCash
    (((lmarie086))) Sending many prayers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast