Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    she is already working on the book, according to Nancy Grace. She has no reasons to lie.

vCash
    Nancy Grace? has no reason to lie? How about ratings? Nancy gets a win with that one.

vCash
    She can't just make up things and announce it on tv. She ain't no Jodi Arias.

vCash
    you might want to read the wiki article
    The Supreme Court of Georgia has twice commented on Grace's conduct as a prosecutor. First, in a 1994 heroin drug trafficking case, Bell v. State, the Court declared a mistrial, saying that Grace had "exceeded the wide latitude of closing argument" by drawing comparisons to unrelated murder and rape cases.[9] In 1997 the court was more severe, overturning the murder-arson conviction of businessman W. W. Carr in the death of his wife. While the court said its reversal was not due to these transgressions, since the case had turned primarily on circumstantial evidence, it nevertheless concluded "the conduct of the prosecuting attorney in this case demonstrated her disregard of the notions of due process and fairness, and was inexcusable".[10][11] Carr was freed in 2004 when the Georgia Supreme Court ruled unanimously that Fulton County had waited too long to retry him, thereby unfairly prejudicing his right to a fair trial.[12]
    Despite upholding the conviction she sought, a panel of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in a 2005 opinion that they agreed with the magistrate judge who said Grace "played fast and loose" with her ethical duties, "we cannot say that any false testimony clearly rose to the level of a due process violation" and failed to "fulfill her responsibilities" as a prosecutor in the 1990 triple murder trial of Herbert Connell Stephens.[13] The court agreed that it was "difficult to conclude that Grace did not knowingly use testimony" from a detective that there were no other suspects, despite the existence of outstanding arrest warrants for other men.[13]
    bolding mine
    and...
    Controversies
    In 2011 a New York Times article David Carr wrote “Since her show began in 2005, the presumption of innocence has found a willful enemy in the former prosecutor turned broadcast judge-and-jury". He criticized her handling of the kidnapping of Elizabeth Smart, the Duke lacrosse case, the Melinda Duckett interview and suicide and the Caylee Anthony case. George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley told Carr that Grace, as an attorney and reporter, “has managed to demean both professions with her hype, rabid persona, and sensational analysis. Some part of the public takes her seriously, and her show erodes the respect for basic rights”.[16]
    those are just some highlights.
    She might not be a Jodi Arias, but she can certainly make things up.

vCash
    none of the statements you posted above proved Nancy Grace was a lier. She just wasn't good at her job as a prosecutor.

vCash
    Well, no, the court ruled Grace almost certainly presented testimony she knew to be false. That would fall under the category of lying I would think.

vCash
    well I don't really like Nancy Grace either so I am done defending her. anyways, I can't wait for defense's closing arguments tomorrow.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    She can't just make up things and announce it on tv.
    So, what exactly could to stop her? People make things up and announce them on tv all the time.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Ok, now the jury is deliberating. I feel bad for Jodi.. even though I think she is guity of first degree. I just don't like the death penalty.

vCash
    omg...Nurmi..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I wonder how long deliberations take. The longer it takes the better for her, I assume?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I wonder how long deliberations take. The longer it takes the better for her, I assume?
    I think so. I am thinking it's gonna take a day or two.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Ok, now the jury is deliberating. I feel bad for Jodi.. even though I think she is guity of first degree. I just don't like the death penalty.
    I don't feel sorry for her.. but I don't believe anybody 'deserves' a death penalty.. Wow all those quasi news channels will have to find something else to report on soon
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    I don't feel sorry for her.. but I don't believe anybody 'deserves' a death penalty.. Wow all those quasi news channels will have to find something else to report on soon
    I think they are counting on George Zimmerman trial.

vCash
    Article in the local newspaper about the Jodi Arias trial. They also have a separate article on 'memorable moments' in the trial (not sure if you can access either one without a subscription)

http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...spectacle.html

http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...ents-prog.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post

I think they will just go back to endless non stop coverage of golf.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    I think the verdict will come today.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Our forefathers were indeed wise - setting standards to be carried forth. Trial by a jury of your peers, reasonable doubts, etc. Lynching mobs are not acceptable. If you want to know how difficult it is to serve on a murder trial jury, ask PrincessLeppard, IIRC she was an alternate but had to sit through the trial listening to the details.
    Yeah, the right she should have taken advantage of was the right not to testify. If and when she's convicted she should consider new counsel for the appeal because they shouldn't have let her within a hundred miles of the stand--she didn't come across as truthful or sympathetic. Combined with a "self-defense" killing involving shooting, stabbing, and slitting the throat to the bone (something that isn't easy to do when the person is TRYING) that did a lot to remove reasonable doubt. Yes, she could just be calm now, AND have been in a psychotic fugue that prompted her to kill him three different ways despite remembering plenty of details of his alleged abuse, and every witness who says her ex was not a violent, dangerous person including an ex-girlfriend could all be lying. But they're looking for REASONABLE doubt, not any little doubt at all.

vCash
    HLN is reporting a verdict was reached. It will be read today at 4:30 ET.
    Erm.... I got nothin'

vCash
    Just saw the headline on azcentral.com

The verdict will be read at 1:30pm local time (PST)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast