Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Yes, it's spelled b-a-t-s-h-i-t c-r-a-z-y.

But, as far as I can tell, they both are/were. And repellent people. Which is why I think the story hasn't really "grabbed the American public" the way some other stories have.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebetty View Post
    I don't know all the details, but wasn't it his friends that found his body. She has admitted to killing him (she has changed her story a few times), but says it was self defense and then went to a friends house and had sex with him. Can you spell personality disorder?
    My memory on this is not very good. I think on Dateline it was reported that his friends tried to call him for days but there was no response so they went to his house and found his body. Don't take my word for it though; my memory on this is hazy. I didn't hear about Jodi having sex with another friend after killing Alexander. If that is true, she is truly sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Has it? I only read about it here. I got the impression that it was of great interest to a small group but not of wide interest to a bigger group.
    It was on CNN multiple times, and Dateline did an article on it. I see those things as 'national'

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Well, when they have something on the cover of People.... like Casey Anthony, Jon Bennet and Amanda Knox, I'll consider it a story that has captured the imagination of the public. Until then...
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    My memory on this is not very good. I think on Dateline it was reported that his friends tried to call him for days but there was no response so they went to his house and found his body. Don't take my word for it though; my memory on this is hazy. I didn't hear about Jodi having sex with another friend after killing Alexander. If that is true, she is truly sick.
    Yes, that's pretty much correct. He was supposed to be going on a trip to Cancun (I think leaving the next day after Jodi killed him), so no one thought it odd he was out of touch for a few days, but when several days went by with absolutely no word at all, they went looking for him at his house.

In the hours after Jodi killed him, she then drove to Utah to another man's home (that was part of her original story, that she was driving to Utah to see this man and was never in Arizona). This man testified about that visit and said she seemed fine, nothing out of the ordinary regarding her demeanor, they did fool around, but if I remember right I think he testified they did not sleep together. But he was on the stand in January, I'm hazy on that by this point. But still ... kill a guy and a few hours later making out with another guy, who sensed absolutely nothing wrong with her and she was her usual self as he knew her?! That is beyond even batshit crazy.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 04-04-2013 at 09:14 AM.

vCash
    I've been following this on and off. I think HLN is running the court coverage live all day, then their PM shows are focused on it (Nancy "dont hold back" Grace, Dr Drew...). I was very interested during the days where the jury was allowed to submit questions directly to her (thru the judge and lawyers). I found that fascinating! I think AZ is one of the only states that allows questions from the jury. I personally think she's a full blown narcissist who you cant believe a word that comes out of her mouth, who gives a bad name to those who truley were abused.

The way I understand it, they had an on-again-off-again relationship, he ended it, he made plans to go away with someone else, she lost her mind and stabbed/slashed/shot him. Her first claim was she was no where near the state, going to see the man in Utah. Then when she couldnt talk her way out of the bloody handprint at the scene (as well as the photos), she claimed there were some kind of ninja assassins there, who killed Travis, and while they discussed whether she should be killed as well, she ran out... and to the boyfriend in Utah and never said a word or called anyone. Um, yeah. when that didnt play out, she switched to the self defense/he was mean defense.

I havent followed it in a while (havent seen much since she was on the stand); what happened today (or yesterday)? A juror got kicked off?

I'm curious about those who've said things towards the negative about him. About him not being likeable, or him being "repellent". Do we know anything about him besides the... stuff... Jody is saying?
    Erm.... I got nothin'

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    so is this the case where they dismissed a juror and now she is sitting in the court watching? isnt that irregular, for lack of a better word
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    ^ Yes. She was dismissed, but we don't know the reasons as the order was sealed. It has been speculated in the media that she made some comments to other jurors about the case regarding the way she was leaning (likely pro-prosecution, since the defense was all smiley when she was kicked off), and they are not supposed to be talking about the case with each other a-t a-l-l when they are together until they start deliberating. From media reports, she was the most attentive, invested juror, taking very detailed notes and submitting the most questions to the jury. I've never been on a jury, but I know I would find that incredibly difficult with all the time they are sitting around in the jury room, lunches, breaks, etc., not to make even on snarky little comment or eye roll. She released a statement saying she will not talk to the press or make any statements regarding why she was released until after the trial is over.

Yes, she was in the gallery today. Trials are open to the public, and well ... she's now "the public". So there is really no reason why she can't be there. After giving up 4 months of my life to that damn trial, and getting kicked off, and being as attentive and invested as she seemed to be, and apparently was very upset when she got kicked off, I think I would be there to continue to monitor the trial the way I had been, and see if my opinion would change as more of the trial went on. But then again, she could watch on TV too, so on the other hand, yes it is a little irregular.

vCash
    Anybody watching this right now? This is utterly amazing. The LaViolette is copping an attitude with the prosecutor, and trying to one-up him by asking HIM questions like "Are you angry with me?" She is going to be excoriated.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    If this crazy din bat gets off, then there is no justice in this world.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Has she offered even one piece of evidence to show that there was abuse? Have any friends testified that she told them about it? The broken finger is clearly faked as they showed plenty of pictures where her finger is just fine. That should be perjury but whatever. I hate to say that the abused have to prove it but in this case, when you killed someone so horribly, you really need to convince me that you were badly abused. It may not seem fair but someone died a horrible death, I can't just take your word for it that he hurt you.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    The first anyone heard of any abuse or that she ever mention abuse to anyone is during the trial.

vCash
    Yep, that's the way the timeline plays out as far as I know it too. I don't think she came up with the "abuse and self defense" angle until she had been in jail for about 2-3 years (she's been in jail since about 2009). I think she got the idea to claim "abuse and self defense" from other prisoners. The 48 Hours story aired in about 2010, and back then her story was straight up "ninja" .... that 2 dark clad people broke in and killed him, then stood around and discussed whether or not to kill her, and that's when she ran out. Not one mention of abuse in that story, which is why I think she came up with this whole storyline after being in prison and talking with other inmates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Yes, it's spelled b-a-t-s-h-i-t c-r-a-z-y.

But, as far as I can tell, they both are/were. And repellent people. Which is why I think the story hasn't really "grabbed the American public" the way some other stories have.
    I think you are wrong about Travis. His friends loved him and I haven't heard anything bad about him. He was quite popular among his coworkers and church people from the videos I have seen. He just happened to get involved with a crazy psycho bitch.
    Last edited by ks777; 04-05-2013 at 04:58 AM.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    so is this the case where they dismissed a juror and now she is sitting in the court watching? isnt that irregular, for lack of a better word
    Crazy people in crazy situations attract fellow crazy people, I always say!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Has she offered even one piece of evidence to show that there was abuse? Have any friends testified that she told them about it? The broken finger is clearly faked as they showed plenty of pictures where her finger is just fine. That should be perjury but whatever. I hate to say that the abused have to prove it but in this case, when you killed someone so horribly, you really need to convince me that you were badly abused. It may not seem fair but someone died a horrible death, I can't just take your word for it that he hurt you.
    There is no evidence of abuse. but I think she was the abuser, stalking him, slashing his tires and his friend's tires, checking his bank account transactions online, sneaking inside his house while he was with a date, hacking his email account..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    There is no evidence of abuse. but I think she was the abuser, stalking him, slashing his tires and his friend's tires, checking his bank account transactions online, sneaking inside his house while he was with a date, hacking his email account..
    She does sound crazy.

vCash
    The latest, from the local newspaper. It's getting weirder.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...iscussion.html

vCash
    I think you are wrong about Travis. His friends loved him and I haven't heard anything bad about him. He was quite popular among his coworkers and church people from the videos I have seen. He just happened to get involved with a crazy psycho bitch.
    A lot of the texts he was sending her were pretty sleazy. Plus.....why would he even let her in the door on the night of the murder? He'd dumped her. She'd slashed his tires. But she shows up at his door and he STILL lets her in because, hey let's have some violent sex and take pictures. He doesn't exactly sound like a winner.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I think you are wrong about Travis. His friends loved him and I haven't heard anything bad about him. He was quite popular among his coworkers and church people from the videos I have seen.
    I could be wrong as I haven't really followed things all that much. But apparently he was kind of sleazy and their sex life was not what I consider healthy and I haven't seen a lot of defense of him in the media by his family and friends either. There have been a lot of accusations that he liked this and that sort of sex and they haven't been screaming that it's all lies and he was a choir boy who really followed the teachings of his church (no premarital sex at all).

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast