Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

vCash
    Attention Estrella Inmates! Please assemble in the theater for our classic feature film,
    "I Want to Live!" starring Jodi Arias...oh...sorry...meant Susan Hayward.

vCash
    Jodi is blaming everyone for getting convicted, her lawyers, media, etc. also she is still acting like she was a victim of domestic violence. She is so fukced up. She really deserves the dealth penalty, even though I am against it.

vCash
    I have a question - I've been catching this off and on on the 24/7 HLN coverage. The jury is supposed to decide between life in prison and death. The reporters keep talking about parole in 20 years. Why isn't there a choice of life without parole ever ever ever? I THINK I believe in the death penalty under extreme circumstances. But wouldn't it be better for her to have to suffer in prison for the rest of her miserable life? Why should she get to escape what she did by death. She doesn't have to be any more productive in prison than she has been before she killed her boyfriend - just locked up forever. Let the other inmates "deal" with her. I would not want to be one of the jurors who put her away if she ever got paroled!!!

vCash
    Well, if the jury give her life in prison, then the judge will decide whether she gets life in prison without parole or life in prison with parol after 25yrs. If she gets life in prison, she will have a life. She will be able to hang out with inmates and participate in many things in jail. If she gets the dealth penalty, she will be isolated from other inmates. She will be alone. I think that's a better punishment for her. she thrives lying to people and manipulating. She loves getting attention as you can see by the interviews she is giving to the media. I want her to be all alone so she has a plenty time to think about what she has done.

vCash
    no news yet.

vCash
    At this point I doubt she will get the death penalty. It is extremely rare for a woman to get the ultimate penalty, especially for killing a partner.

vCash
    Jodi Arias reminds me of Diane Downs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sxm6gROxcQ

vCash
    I just hope the jury doesn't hang. That would be the worst possible outcome. And could someone please keep this pathetic creature away from the Media.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Jodi Arias reminds me of Diane Downs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sxm6gROxcQ
    I totally agree. Check out the video of her most recent parole hearing. No remorse and still coming ip with new stories about what happened.

http://youtu.be/fsV1u25eXR4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    I totally agree. Check out the video of her most recent parole hearing. No remorse and still coming ip with new stories about what happened.

http://youtu.be/fsV1u25eXR4
    wow her story has changed again... I wonder if she is related to Jodi Arias?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    I just hope the jury doesn't hang. That would be the worst possible outcome. And could someone please keep this pathetic creature away from the Media.
    The media would probably stay away if people stopped paying her so much attention, don't you think?

vCash
    the jury fails to reach a unanimous decision.. The new trial starts in July.

vCash
    I think there is something wrong with the law here. The jury unanimously finds her guilty of First Degree Murder with aggravating circumstances. Rather than having to choose life or death, I think it would make more sense if life without the possibility of parole was the default punishment, but the jury could impose the death sentence unanimously if they saw fit. That removes the "we couldn't agree" option. I cannot think it is fair to have to seat another jury to decide the appropriate punishment in a case they did not hear.

I also think that, even though they all said they could impose the death penalty, when it came right down to it some couldn't. And the defense should not be allowed to say to the Jury......if you kill her. They aren't killing her. They are imposing a punishment that will result in her death. Very different. And, I suspect, given the other two verdicts, they all agreed they wanted her locked up and never getting out.

Oh well. I am sure someone will call me soon and put me in charge of it all.

I just feel so horrible for the Alexander family. Boy, they are made of strong stuff.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    I don't blame the defense for framing it in that way. Essentially, by imposing a punishment that will result in her death, they are killing her even if they aren't the ones to lethally inject her. Whether or not her death is justified is another issue. It's the defense's job to make the jury think about their decision from all angles and points-of-view to ensure when they make a decision, they're sure.

It's up to the prosecution to re-frame the issue and convince the jury that they aren't "killing" her or at least why it'd be a positive thing to do so. It's also up to the judge to reiterate and remind the jury what the law of the state says and let that guide the jury when they're evaluating their findings of fact and deliberating whether it fits in with what's required for the death penalty.

I do agree with you that it's strange to have a whole new jury come in for the penalty stage when they aren't the ones who have been sitting in on the trial to find her guilty of first-degree murder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    As for retribution, I guess that would be a good justification for the death penalty since Jodi Arias is culpable (according to the jury and popular opinion) and is conscious and therefore understands what her actions were and what the ramifications of them are as would any reasonable adult.
    The death penalty would be proper retribution in this case only if the state of Arizona killed Arias the same way she killed Travis Alexander. Lethal injection is far too kind.

vCash
    Good grief! The jury foreman thinks SHE was verbally and emotionally abused by Travis. Wow!
    -listening to his conversations with his friends?
    -crawling into his home through doggie-door?
    -re-locating to his hometown after breakup?
    -slashing his & his friend's tires?
    -stalking behavior (peeping into window)?
    -hiding behind his Christmas tree...in his home...uninvited?
    Now really, Mr. Jury Foreman, Can't you see why Travis might have been a little miffed at Jodi? But abused? Really? You must have been taking Alyce Laviolette seriously. Jeez!

vCash
    Yeah I was shocked to find out that the jury foreman believed she was abused verbally and emotionally.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011