Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    vCash
    Is Jodi Arias still tweeting? I don't have a twitter account so I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsissv View Post
    Is it just me or does time-management seem to be something that this court does not take very seriously? $12 per day for jurors?
    I've NEVER seen a case with so many dark court days, postponements, early recesses, sudden illnesses, witness scheduling conflicts, hastily arranged hearings in judge's chambers, etc. I mean...this case has been going on since one day after New year's Day for Pete's sake! And why do the jurors need EVERY Friday off? This will turn prospective jurors off even MORE in the future. Sheesh!!!
    I don't believe jurors have a choice. Unless they have a really good excuse - e.g. a planned vacation where they would lose money by cancellation, or a physical limitation, etc.- they have to serve if they are selected. This was a very complex case; the jurors had to see some horrible/gruesome pictures. I can't fault them for needing a day off in a 5-day week.

The local news showed Travis's siblings testifying how much damage this murder of their beloved brother has done to their psyche. It was a very emotional day in the court. Jodi was crying too.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsissv View Post
    IAnd why do the jurors need EVERY Friday off?
    It's not just the jurors. Friday are often not a court day in long trials so that the judges, lawyers, etc. can get the rest of their work done. And jurors can keep the rest of their lives from spiraling out of control by having a day to do things that have to be done during business hours. (Though that doesn't work if they are sequestered, of course.)
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Jodi's lawyers asked for a mis-trial due to death threats to a key witness; the judge denied the request. More drama to unfold. I don't know how anyone can be stupid enough to make death threats; she is guilty and there was no need for such threats.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...h-threats.html

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Jodi probably made those death threats herself.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Or just simply made them up.

vCash
    Anyone know why her ex boyfriend isn't going to testify on be half of Jodi anymore? Or her mom?

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Her ex-boyfriend was more than willing to testify and waiting at a hotel just 5 minutes away for the call to come to the courthouse. Nurmi stated he will call no mitigating witnesses once all his motions were denied today. Interesting that he wasn't told to be at the courthouse all ready to go instead of waiting at the hotel.

I think her mother won't testify because she would be subjected to a cross by the Prosecutor.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 05-21-2013 at 04:43 AM.

vCash
    Holy cows...AGAIN???
    tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...
    This trial may be over by...2015? Maybe? Poor Alexander family...poor jurors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Her ex-boyfriend was more than willing to testify and waiting at a hotel just 5 minutes away for the call to come to the courthouse. Nurmi stated he will call no mitigating witnesses once all his motions were denied today. Interesting that he wasn't told to be at the courthouse all ready to go instead of waiting at the hotel.

I think her mother won't testify because she would be subjected to a cross by the Prosecutor.
    but it's her daughter.. If it's my daughter, I would do anything to save her life.

vCash
    Yep, that's true. It's just my opinion, but I think Jodi won't let her because Juan could cross exam her and be able to play the interview tapes where her mother states Jodi always made up lies about being abused and having this terrible childhood. I do feel bad for her family. Granted its no where near the same level, but she destroyed her own family as well.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    but it's her daughter.. If it's my daughter, I would do anything to save her life.
    I think in this case, that means not testifying.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    It seems Jodi has already made her statement to the jury (asking for life). I was planning to watch it live, but missed it. The judge announced an early recess and will hear closing arguments from the attorneys.

At this point, I don't see what can be gained by giving Jodi a death sentence. She said in her statement that she will try to do good for society while serving the lifetime sentence in prison (literacy program, recycling, helping domestic abuse victims, etc.). While I have no sympathy for her because of the gruesome murder she committed, I think that life in prison may be better than a death sentence for her.

vCash
    I thought her remarks were pathetic... but totally in character for this woman.

I also think the death penalty is called for. this woman does not deserve a life... being with people, enjoying her life, making the shirts, giving interviews. If her death gives Travis' family a moment of relief from the horror Arias brought into their lives it is then worth it.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Jodi Arias trial

Why did she ask the jury for life when she just did an interview saying death is better than life in prison? I really hope she gets death, this woman is a psychopath and can not be rehabilitated.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    It seems Jodi has already made her statement to the jury (asking for life). I was planning to watch it live, but missed it. The judge announced an early recess and will hear closing arguments from the attorneys.

At this point, I don't see what can be gained by giving Jodi a death sentence. She said in her statement that she will try to do good for society while serving the lifetime sentence in prison (literacy program, recycling, helping domestic abuse victims, etc.). While I have no sympathy for her because of the gruesome murder she committed, I think that life in prison may be better than a death sentence for her.
    The problem is Jodi never suffered domestic violence... I can't believe she is still bring it up. I am thinking she will get the death penalty. She is still acting like a victim of domestic violence.
    Last edited by ks777; 05-21-2013 at 09:55 PM.

vCash
    They are showing it live right now. The defense argues that she can contribute to society if her life is spared. I can't watch because I am at work. I just listened to it for a couple of minutes.

I assume they will appeal - all the way to the US Supreme court- if she gets the death penalty. What happens if the Supreme court calls it a mistrial at that point? Does she get away free, or just gets life? Or does she get another trial?

ETA: I do feel sorry for her. What a waste of a lifetime!

The latest from the local newspaper, after her testimony:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...ers-death.html
    Last edited by Vash01; 05-21-2013 at 11:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    They are showing it live right now. The defense argues that she can contribute to society if her life is spared. I can't watch because I am at work. I just listened to it for a couple of minutes.

I assume they will appeal - all the way to the US Supreme court- if she gets the death penalty. What happens if the Supreme court calls it a mistrial at that point? Does she get away free, or just gets life? Or does she get another trial?

ETA: I do feel sorry for her. What a waste of a lifetime!

The latest from the local newspaper, after her testimony:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...ers-death.html
    I doubt that the Supreme Court would hear the case, even if the defense appeals. Of course, there could be a Constitutional issue that I don't know about. From what I understand, if the defense successfully argues that there is a mistrial, then the Court would remand it back to the trial court to do it again, this time without whatever it was that made it a mistrial and thus invalid. However, I could be wrong about that. Anyway, a mistrial does not mean she'll get away free or get life automatically. The first deals with matter of facts, where appellate courts very rarely go against a jury's verdict, and the other deals with sentencing (which the Court most recently has gotten involved in regarding minors and mandatory sentences of life without parole for both non-homicidal and homicidal crimes and the 8th Amendment's "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" clause).

Anyway, back on the point of rehabilitation. Wouldn't a life sentence without possibility of parole already mean the State and jury already acknowledge she cannot be rehabilitated into society and therefore must stay incarcerated for the rest of her life? As for retribution, I guess that would be a good justification for the death penalty since Jodi Arias is culpable (according to the jury and popular opinion) and is conscious and therefore understands what her actions were and what the ramifications of them are as would any reasonable adult.
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 05-21-2013 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Why did she ask the jury for life when she just did an interview saying death is better than life in prison? I really hope she gets death, this woman is a psychopath and can not be rehabilitated.
    We will probably find out tomorrow when all the video from her whirlwind media blitz tour starts getting released. How in the hell is that even allowed to happen?! Although I hope this time the reporters who get those interviews start nailing her on all her contradictions and lies and let's see how she responds. That last reporter blew so many chances to blow her out of the water with documented proof of her lies and he just let her skate away with telling more lies.

I also agree with you.

vCash
    I simply cannot believe that a convicted murderer can go on TV. It makes no sense to me. And Travis' poor family. Jodi just keeps on giving............and spewing vile lies. It is just wrong.

And, this is so petty..........was Jennifer Wilmont really wearing lavender nail polish? Such a light-hearted, free and easy color for such a momentous day (I told you it was petty).

I honestly do not know how Travis' family can keep their composure day after day after day.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast