Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    It disgusts me that murders, rapists, thieves, child molesters and criminals are afforded more rights in this country than the VICTIMS. It's the evidence that more than proves guilt in this case. Carting her off to jail because of public outcry has nothing to do with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Jodi Arias is said to be working on a tell-all book in jail. I also heard Jodi has a lover(female) in jail.
    She has also been making money while she has been in jail. She is an artist and has been making and selling drawings and artwork from jail. Since these drawings have nothing to do with the actual crime, she can continue to profit from doing this since Son of Sam laws do not apply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    .... Her trial isn't remotely long enough to be questionable and you want to be sure every i is dotted and t is crossed so there is no grounds for appeal. .....
    Yet she will still be able to file appeals for years to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    She has also been making money while she has been in jail. She is an artist and has been making and selling drawings and artwork from jail. Since these drawings have nothing to do with the actual crime, she can continue to profit from doing this since Son of Sam laws do not apply.
    It isn't just the Sun of Sam laws. The surviving families have every right to bring a civil action against her, and get damages (this is what was done after the OJ criminal trial). In addition, most states have mandatory restitution orders, court fees, etc.

vCash
    It disgusts me that murders, rapists, thieves, child molesters and criminals are afforded more rights in this country than the VICTIMS. It's the evidence that more than proves guilt in this case. Carting her off to jail because of public outcry has nothing to do with it.
    Texas most likely executed an innocent man recently. The crime scene investigator totally screwed up and called the fire deliberate, when other experts have gone in and said it was faulty wiring.

This is why we have due process and appeals.

vCash
    Well until she is convicted, Jodi isn't a murderer, and she has rights even if/when she is convicted. Do you know how many innocent people are in jail? They're victims too. You know how many innocent people have been executed? Victims.

The process is there for a reason. The trial should take however long it takes, to make sure that the person you're putting away deserves the punishment. The system is there to protect victims and innocent people alike, to make sure innocent people aren't put away while victims are left in danger.

Just because you think it's taken enough time, doesn't mean it has. It still shocks me that in a wealthy country like the US with abundant education, people are still so ignorant of how the justice system works
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I've seen the justice system work first hand. I AM a victim of a violent crime. I experienced being treated as the villain while the actual criminal was treated as a saint. I experienced the process trample all over my rights as the true victim. I'm hardly ignorant of how the justice system works.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 04-26-2013 at 09:45 PM.

vCash
    Jodi Arias is said to be working on a tell-all book in jail. I also heard Jodi has a lover(female) in jail.
    If I am not mistaken, one cannot profit from one's own crime.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    I think they can make money to pay their lawyers and such, can't they? There are so many loopholes. She may also be able to put any money in a trust and leave it to someone else. She probably just can't ever touch any of it herself.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    I heard she is going to publish the book once she is found not guilty and use the money to live with her new lesbian lover.

vCash
    I've seen the justice system work first hand. I AM a victim of a violent crime. I experienced being treated as the villain while the actual criminal was treated as a saint. I experienced the process trample all over my rights as the true victim. I'm hardly ignorant of how the justice system works.
    I'm sorry to hear that - it's awful. I do think though that perhaps your negative experience has affected the way you view such trials. The burden of proof in a murder case is extremely high, and the trial should go on as long as there is evidence to be heard on both sides, regardless of what you think of the evidence. Do you want a killer to walk free on appeal because of a procedural error?

Also, look at the Innocence Project. Innocent people are put away all the time. I know you think Jodi is guilty, and maybe she is. Maybe she killed him but she's so insane and perverted she doesn't grasp the seriousness of it. That matters, too. However, until all that evidence is heard and she's convicted, she's innocent and she has the right to a fair trial. Would you rather have a guilty till proven innocent system like Italy, which locked away Amanda Knox for 4 years without evidence?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Anyone else watching the final witness(defense/state)? Today's trial started around 9am(PST) and it's after 10pm here and it's still going!! People in the courtroom look exausted...

vCash
    Wow it's 10:30 and they are still bringing in new witness..

vCash
    anyone else watching closing arguments?

vCash
    How did I kill thee? Let me count the ways.
    29 stabs...
    1 throat slash...
    1 head shot...
    total reputation destruction...

Go, Juan, go!

vCash
    I am going to miss Juan Martinez when this trial is over..

vCash
    They can't profit from their crimes...........period............even to pay their lawyers. But, they have to be convicted first. And, Arias has not yet been convicted.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    I am watching. I love Juan Martinez! He is amazing.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Every time I watch this trial, Dido's here with me song playing in my head...

vCash
    If the Jurors are stupid enough to believe anything the Defense presented and let this psycho out on 2nd Degree (which is only 22 years max, 4.5 of which she gets credit for being in jail already) she's out when she's in her 40's. And God help the man who ever dares to cross her because I have every belief she would kill again.
    ITA with you.
    The problem with your statement on the jurors being stupid - is not necessarily true. The conviction has to be without a reasonable doubt. Reasonable doubt is what acquitted OJ - the glove did not fit at the time of trial in the courtroom. It might have fit when the crime was done. It might have been him (frankly I think it was him) but if I was on that jury, I would have had to find the same as that jury did. With the Casey Anthony trial again the jury had a reasonable doubt. In part we - the viewing public - couldn't get why they didn't convict. We had access to information that was not allow to be present in court. I have not been listening to every word on HLN or everyday, but the flat affect that Jodi displays, the endless questioning, the jurors have a major task. To careful consider what has been presented to them, not to the viewing public with editorials by the reporters.

I've never sat on a jury that was a murder trial - but my dad did. He said it was one of the hardest things that he did. While the jury that he sat on found there was evidence of a murder, there was evidence of mental illnesses. It is likely that this jury will have some of the same issues - insanity or calculated killing.

To call a jury stupid because you think you know what they should decide is disrespectful of the entire process.

Again the evidence as you see it portrayed in the media and TV court. It is one of the hardest things to do - to set aside your preconceived opinion and hear what is presented in court. no more, no less. A small minor trial that I served on - the judge told us that we were not to drive to the scene or the route that the defendant said he used the night of the robbery. Which was kind of hard since I drove that route every single day. I had to put aside what was my knowledge of the area and see it from what was present in court.
    The prosecution team must be the one that establishes the without a reasonable doubt accusation. The defense to establish a reasonable doubt. Victims have rights - if your case was handle incorrectly, I am sorry.

I heard she is going to publish the book once she is found not guilty and use the money to live with her new lesbian lover.
    This goes back to the "I heard" stuff that is the media wanting the scoop or one upmanship mentality. She may or may not have a lesbian lover. It may or may not be a plan to write a book. one could assume the later, since book/movie deals often occur with this type of trial.

Our forefathers were indeed wise - setting standards to be carried forth. Trial by a jury of your peers, reasonable doubts, etc. Lynching mobs are not acceptable. If you want to know how difficult it is to serve on a murder trial jury, ask PrincessLeppard, IIRC she was an alternate but had to sit through the trial listening to the details.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast