Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Very disappointed with skate Canada not using the second ladies spot, yet there are three reserves listed!!! I hope they can still use two spots at future events?

ETA I see Japan has two entries here now, I hope that doesn't mean Canada gave away the second spot at future JGP events? I don't know the rules on that.
    Last edited by danafan; 07-29-2013 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    If Canada doesn't fill both ladies spots, then Japan as the #4 ranked country at JW 2013, gets first dibs for the vacancy. That's just another reason why Canada needs to send two ladies to every event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Very disappointed with skate Canada not using the second ladies spot, yet there are three reserves listed!!! I hope they can still use two spots at future events?

ETA I see Japan has two entries here now, I hope that doesn't mean Canada gave away the second spot at future JGP events? I don't know the rules on that.
    Giving up spots for one event doesn't necessarily mean that Canada has given them up for all of them (they can pick and choose whether they are sending the full allotment for each individual event). However, according to the ISU Announcement [under 2.4, (a)], the countries would have had to indicate the number of spots they are intending to use by May 31, 2013. So the decision has already been made as to whether the spots will be used or not...opting not to use them for event #1 is not a great sign of things to come, so I'm not holding my breath. Very disappointing.

Canada and the US both opted to let pairs spots go unused as well in Riga, with the US only sending one pair and only two for Canada. Given how wide open that field is, it could have been an easy medal for a team like Seguin/Bilodeau, who appeared to have a strong debut at Skate Detroit.

vCash
    JGP Mexico City entries are posted and being discussed in the JGP Entries thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3968189

For those without access, the link to entries is: http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00027998.htm
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Polina finally gets a JGP assignment

vCash

JGP KOSICE SLOVAKIA list

JGP Kosice entries is posted on the ISU.org

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051458.htm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123