vCash

Cool Tiffany & Johnnie

I would totally be ok if there was a pair that picked up where this team left off style wise. BTW, 4:12 is the best i've seen

Technically, they were really in a deficit but the artistic impression was fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb47VPr5jlk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    I would totally be ok if there was a pair that picked up where this team left off style wise. BTW, 4:12 is the best i've seen

Technically, they were really in a deficit but the artistic impression was fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb47VPr5jlk
    Agreed! They were fantastic and had so much potential. IIRC, the main reason they stopped competing was because Tiffany grew to the point where Johnnie couldn't handle the lifts anymore.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    I wish she had trained as a singles skater. She would've been such a star.

vCash
    She did compete singles. After a while she just didn't have the time anymore.

vCash
    What I mostly notice when I watch them is what a weak skater Johnnie is, especially compared to Tiffany. He stumbled on basic 3-turns in most competitions and often bailed on double jumps. I can only imagine how many times he dropped her over the years when practicing lifts.

Still, some gorgeous, detailed choreography. I particularly liked their Peter Oppegard programs when they were younger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-WUOzOq9XE

vCash
    Oh I enjoyed this pair very much as well. There was a particularly spectacular "senior debut" program when Tiffany was still quite petite. I agree that she was the stronger of the two, both in terms of skating skills as well as presentation. They were coached by the powerful Irina Rodnina IIRC at Ice Castle, which makes it somewhat (thought not totally) surprising that they had such a balletic style.

In response to the opening sentence from this thread, my sense is that the team that continues in this line of style (or who has the most resemblancce) is Gretchen Donlan and Andrew Sperov. Similar balletic sensibility with delicate charm from the girl.

vCash
    I loved those two. Wish they could have gone on longer!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    What I mostly notice when I watch them is what a weak skater Johnnie is, especially compared to Tiffany. He stumbled on basic 3-turns in most competitions and often bailed on double jumps. I can only imagine how many times he dropped her over the years when practicing lifts.

Still, some gorgeous, detailed choreography. I particularly liked their Peter Oppegard programs when they were younger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-WUOzOq9XE
    He was the absolute weak link. Facially he didnt have the expression and his basics were not great. I erupted laughing at the line about him dropping her. I hope thats not the case