View Poll Results: Can Russia win the 2018 Olympics in Ice Dance?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 65.28%
  • No

18 25.00%
  • Don't Know

7 9.72%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Briber of judges
    vCash
    With P/B being injured and missing Euros, I think it's possible we may see a Russian team on the podium at this Worlds, and hence well set up going into Sochi.

I think the Russian dance teams are well set up for the next quad. It's the Russian men's program that is still lacking in depth.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    That tells you so much about lifts under this judging system. Do you think I&K will pass B&S at Worlds? I am thinking they well might. I don't want to wuzrob for them with the Ghost FD, but I thought B&S were a bit overmarked in the SD at Euros, and I&K were better overall through both programs. I don't expect either to pass P&B although they are definitely getting closer.
    I mean, I don't find the lifts offensively bad, and I like that they generally fit with the flow of the dance, unlke some of P/B's lifts which just feel like a brief acrobatic session or V/M's goose lift which took SO long to set up that it always took me out of the program, but they really need to produce a "wow" lift to provide a big highlight in their programs.

That said, I do think they have a good chance of overtaking B/S at Worlds. I might be being wildly over optimistic, but they've been steadily improving all season, and there's still room to add in the SD and FD in terms of hitting their levels. B/S on the other hand seem to have stagnated a bit since his fall at GPF. They were tenative at Russian Nats & at Euros, and like you I felt they were a bit overmarked in the SD in Zagreb. It will be really interesting to see how it all shakes out with P/B back in the mix, and also W/P with a reworked FD.

vCash
    And some better costumes. The costumes that the Russian (singles) ladies were wearing should all be burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Simple - give them some decent bloody music and programs instead of the crap that most of them are skating to these days.

vCash
    The Russians will be fine. They are mostly going to go 1-2 at the next Olympics I would even say.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234