Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I remember Watson & Oppegard skating as pros (I think) to Phantom of the Opera & Yamaguchi & Galindo skating an exhibition to "Cats" wearing catlike costumes complete with tails!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    a & Yamaguchi & Galindo skating an exhibition to "Cats" wearing catlike costumes complete with tails!

I had mentioned in my post Y&G's Cats program which I saw in Sun Valley, but I have been unable to find it on yt.

vCash
    For me, the quintessential performer of CATS will always be Jill Frost in her LP during the 1982/83 season. I have a clip of it from the 1982 U.S. Olympic Festival telecast but it doesn't seem to have made it to YouTube. Jill broke ground wearing a dark unitard with no sequins, two decades before the rules allowed unitards. More importantly, Jill was a real dynamo on the ice, with speed and superb triple jumps. She could have been one of the greats of the '80s but seemed to get too nervous during competitions.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Well, I love Webber's music. Thank you for the great collection!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    I recall a few more 'Jesus Christ Superstar' programs: Mikhailova & Sergeev's FD in 2006-07
    Mikhailova & Sergeev - 2006 Skate America - FD

YEAH!
    vCash
    Ksenia Makarova - Evita

Stiegler & Magerovsky - Evita
    Sorry, it's poor quality. I loved Tiffany's expression in this!

Sarah Meier's 2004 LP was Evita, but I can't find a vid.

Ilinykh & Katsalopov - Cats
    Ages 10 and 13.

Kavaguti & Smirnov - Cats
    this was supposed to have been their SP this year. I think it would've been great. Yuko's movement really suits the choreo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    What happened to this team? I had seen them skate at a JGP in 2001 or 2002. Didn't hear much about them later.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    What happened to this team? I had seen them skate at a JGP in 2001 or 2002. Didn't hear much about them later.
    They went on to win silver at 2006 JW, ahead of D&W and C&L, so they had some potential.

From wiki:

Mikhailova and Sergeev parted ways at the end of the 2006–07 season – Sergeev had sustained a number of injuries, including rupture of the outer ligaments of the ankle and a fracture, followed by a meniscus problem after he returned to the ice.

Mikhailova and Sergeev teamed up again in 2008 but they retired from competition after finishing 6th at the 2009 Russian Championships.

Currently Mikhailova is married (?) to Zhulin and they just had a baby. They skated together in his show. Not sure what happened to Sergeev.

vCash
    Too bad about Sergeev's injury.

I had no idea Mikhailova had married Zhulin.

vCash
    Pang & Tong The phantom of the opera 2005-2007 FS

vCash
    nevermind

vCash
    Not a fan of Lord Lloyd-Webber for many many years. Tries as I might and even have been groomed to like and appreciate since school took us to see Joseph. I have seen most of his musical including the recent Love Never Dies - sequel to Phantom. Unfortunately love DID DIE with that horrible musical. Very disappointing contrived piece of work. It is like Star Wars Phantom Menace all over again.

Should he be credit with the Wizard of Oz? When he clearly didn't write the music used for these 2 performances by Asada and Korpi that ware based entirely on the original 1939 film version by Harold Arlen and Harburg? He merely adapted it for the stage. (sign of his deteriorating creativity, only 4 new song in addition to the film originals was the reason I still have not got around to watch the show.) Just curious.... which is the definitive Phantom then? Is there some consensus yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12