Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    How quickly can she get a US passport if they marry?
    #sochi2014
    How quickly can he get Italian passport ? Since he hasn't competed for US for so long it may be easier for him to compete for Italy. It will be harder for her since she will have to sit out (at least ) a year for her to compete for US

vCash
    According to her ISU biography, Stefania Berton is 161 cm., which is over 5'3". To paraphrase Emma Woodhouse, there have been matches of lesser disparity. But I wouldn't count on their adding an on-ice partnership to their personal relationship.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    USFS would figure out a way to hold him as long as possible, were she the right height for him.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    USFS would figure out a way to hold him as long as possible
    Judging from previous posts in this thread, I believe that USFS is not alone in that regard.

vCash
    Mazal tov to Rockne & Stefania! Wishing all the best for Jonathan & Wesley, who have provided many beautiful memories on ice.

vCash
    Very glad Cambell ended his Nationals on a high note, with a clean skate of his Ave Maria FS. He coaches at my rink in NH every once in a while and seems to be an excellent, detail-oriented coach. It would nice if he kept skating in some capacity for a few more years, but whenever he's ready to transition into full-time coaching, he has all the makings of a successful coach.
    Will miss Cassar's edges and spread eagles, as well!

vCash
    5'3.5" and a questionable 5'9" (more realistically 5'8") is NOT a good size match for a pair couple. Mary Beth was like 49" or 4'10" and probably around 80 lbs, that's the kind of partner Rockne needs. I sometimes wonder if Miller or Lam would like to switch to pairs...they are so tiny and so good.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Considering it's a for sure thing that she'll go to the Olympics as the number one Italian team, I'd say the odds of her skating with anyone else are zero regardless of her personal life. Moreover, they'll be one of the teams fighting for bronze.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Hannah Miller would be an ideal partner (on ice) for Rockne.

Berton and HOT-arek cannot dissolve their winning partnership on Team Italia.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    How quickly can she get a US passport if they marry?
    #sochi2014
    Isn't she as tall as him almost?

vCash
    Oh no...and I just spent way too much time staring at John Z.'s wife at Nats! There is just something about Italian figure skaters....
    I think Carolina is still single, Yes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Considering it's a for sure thing that she'll go to the Olympics as the number one Italian team, I'd say the odds of her skating with anyone else are zero regardless of her personal life. Moreover, they'll be one of the teams fighting for bronze.
    Well, LUV does make a girl do questionable thing sometimes . Remember Lydia Manon and Brandon Forsyth ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Oh no...and I just spent way too much time staring at John Z.'s wife at Nats! There is just something about Italian figure skaters....
    I think Carolina is still single, Yes?
    Kostner used to date Verner but not sure how serious that was or whether they are together still (they train on different continents now so probably not ).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    Mazal tov to Rockne & Stefania! Wishing all the best for Jonathan & Wesley, who have provided many beautiful memories on ice.
    Ditto. ITA! Wesley's fp at 2013 U.S. Nationals will remain a lasting and poignantly beautiful memory. His performance is definitely one of the highlights of the men's event. Jonathan gave it his all throughout his skating career and he brought such dancerly unique expressiveness and awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping spread eagles to the ice. It will be a good thing for figure skating if Wesley and Jonathan are able to continue contributing their creativity and passion to the sport in other capacities. I wish them both the best, and would love to see them both performing again on the ice, in some way.

How lovely for Stefania and Rockne! It's a pleasure seeing Rockne so happy, and the description of how he made his proposal to Stefania is very loving and delightful. Congratulations and best wishes to them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Kostner used to date Verner but not sure how serious that was or whether they are together still (they train on different continents now so probably not ).
    Carolina has been dating race walker Alex Schwazer for almost five years.
    Cheering for the headcases

vCash
    AFAIK Carolina is still with Alex Schwazer. I don't think they split. Tomas Verner is still with Natalie Pechalat. I don't think Caro and Tomas have ever been a couple but they were/are very close friends. Caro is with Alex since 2007/2008...
    Back to topic: it's nice that Stefanie and Rockne are happy together :-) Congratulations!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12