Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

vCash
    https://www.facebook.com/Amodio.flor...51323614786143

Amodio has withdrawn, I think Ponsart goes in his place.

vCash
    I thought that the entire reasoning behind the Olympic Team event having only skaters who qualify in one of the four traditional disciplines was to maintain the integrity of the event & not turn it into a 'Legends'-style cheesefest (with oldies like Kwan, Plush, Evan, and others who'd never qualify for the classic singles/prs/dance events against competitors at the most recent Worlds).

Also, my understanding is that the Team Event in Sochi will follow (not precede) the four classic events.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Bobrova/Soloviev have also withdrawn - he has an injury. The substitutes are Monko/Khaliavin. I/K declined the spot as she is not 100% fit & it seems R/T were passed over by the federation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Also, my understanding is that the Team Event in Sochi will follow (not precede) the four classic events.
    No, it's the first event. You can read more about it in this interview with David Dore.

vCash
    Wow! M/k that's something!

Eta- Mistook them for s/z that won bronze at COR

The total skipping of r/t us unfortunate!
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 04-03-2013 at 06:54 PM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I love M/K, but am sad for R/T if they were passed over, rather than it not being a health or logistics issue.

As far as Lysacek or Plushenko not being able to qualify, if healthy or remotely healthy, as shown at 2012 Euros, Plushenko easily could have qualified as the Men's lone entry for Russia this year and likely will next year, and I suspect a healthy Lysacek could have beaten Ross Miner, if not Max Aaron, this year.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/Amodio.flor...51323614786143

Amodio has withdrawn, I think Ponsart goes in his place.
    Any reason why Chafik Besseghier was not named as an alternate rather than Ponsart? Just curious, since Chafik should've been the third man at Worlds had FFSG not set their own technical minimum requirements.

vCash
    Bobrova/Soloviev have also withdrawn - he has an injury. The substitutes are Monko/Khaliavin. I/K declined the spot as she is not 100% fit & it seems R/T were passed over by the federation.
    yay, monko/khaliavin! nice to see them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marysy View Post
    Any reason why Chafik Besseghier was not named as an alternate rather than Ponsart? Just curious, since Chafik should've been the third man at Worlds had FFSG not set their own technical minimum requirements.
    Ponsart was originally named as the third entry for Worlds over Besseghier - perhaps they want to give him some international experience?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    No, Daleman won the Junior silver medal at Challenge Cup last year and was too young (14) for 4CC this year.
    Yeah of course, I just had a really strange mental fart and got 4CC and Junior Worlds mixed up.

And her ISU bio showed the Challenge Cup result as Senior.

vCash
    Super bummed to see B&S out, but yes, R&T getting passed over for M&K is for them, if that is indeed what happened.

vCash
    NOOOOO!
    Yes, Elena has back injury she is recovering from, besides, from Russian boards I gather she is on vacation.
    But very sad not to see B/S again.
    According to Soloviev's interview, he aggravated his groin injury of a long time ago; he wanted to keep training but his condition was not improving and the doctors then said he needs to have 10 full days of rest, no ice.
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/10136.html

Piseev's one and only reason for not sending I/K is that they are on vacation.
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130403/654822141.html
    Ryazanova/ Tkachenko, according to that snippet, are in the US working on new programs; thus M/K are the chosen team.
    Last edited by dinakt; 04-04-2013 at 06:36 AM.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    So basically most skaters could not care less about this event and choose to focus on working in preparation of the Olympic season instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So basically most skaters could not care less about this event and choose to focus on working in preparation of the Olympic season instead.
    I don't see why Ashley is wasting her time with this. She should continue to recuperate and get stronger for next season.

vCash
    It is a stupid event. The whole team thing is a stupid concept. Skating already has team events, synchro.

vCash
    I think it's mostly because no one expected that B/S would withdraw and because it's only 2 weeks left before the event. I/K are out of shape, Elena was sick after Worlds and still doesn't feel well; R/T are in the US working on new programs and probably aren't in the best shape too. If it happened right after Worlds or B/S weren't so sure they would go, I'm sure the situation would be different.
    Anyway, Monko/Khalyavin really need this chance and I'm crossing fingers for them

vCash
    I don't see how that's true. Russia has not sent the strongest team possible to this event in the past, so that's nothing knew, though V/T are going this season after skipping last year's WTT. If I/K were on vacation when B/S had to WD, they would have to scramble to make it and would be undertrained; considering their performance at Worlds, another poor skate would not help their future prospects.

Canada and the US may not be sending their top dance teams, but they are sending good teams overall. France and Japan are, too - other than Amodio and Hanyu, both of whom are injured, I think both are sending their best teams. Dance may lack D/W and V/M, but it'll be a nice change to see someone else atop the podium, and W/P and P/B, with an extra month to train, should be in better form than at Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    It is a stupid event. The whole team thing is a stupid concept. Skating already has team events, synchro.
    Nobody is making you watch - and as we've seen, nobody is truly forcing the skaters to compete. Looks to me like at least some of them really like the team format and a less stressful competition.

And synchro is hardly the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Anyway, Monko/Khalyavin really need this chance and I'm crossing fingers for them
    Yeah it's actually a good opportunity for Monko/Khaliavin to make their mark on the international scene.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    No. The Team Event will begin on Day -1 (as in, the day before the opening ceremony - the first time in Winter Olympic history that competition has begun before Day 1).

Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I suspect a healthy Lysacek could have beaten Ross Miner, if not Max Aaron, this year.
    No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I don't see how that's true. Russia has not sent the strongest team possible to this event in the past, so that's nothing knew, though V/T are going this season after skipping last year's WTT. If I/K were on vacation when B/S had to WD, they would have to scramble to make it and would be undertrained; considering their performance at Worlds, another poor skate would not help their future prospects.

Canada and the US may not be sending their top dance teams, but they are sending good teams overall. France and Japan are, too - other than Amodio and Hanyu, both of whom are injured, I think both are sending their best teams.
    Well, let's say Japan is sending its milking cows, regardless of their condition!
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahshi Road to Sochi

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast