Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    Do the skater's individual scores count towards seasons best score or season/world ranking points?
    Season Best scores only.

I guess we have to wait for Skate Canada to announce their team on Monday, which is the deadline date.

Re-posting from the Kaetlyn Osmond fan thread in the Trash Can:
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    In a telephone interview with NF CBC after Worlds she mentioned that her next event was WTT. The link is posted on her FB page.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    Back when the WTT started, no one cared much about it. Now fans are interested in having their favorites attend.

Do the skater's individual scores count towards seasons best score or season/world ranking points?
    They do towards SB score, but not season/world ranking.

vCash
    Has the French team been confirmed?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Season's Best score: yes. Last season's best score by a man was Takahashi's from WTT. Adam Rippon and Kevin Reynolds also got their SB's last season at WTT.

World Standings/Rankings: no.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Team France is reportedly:
    Florent Amodio
    Brian Joubert
    Maé Bérénice Méité
    Lénaëlle Gilleron-Gorry
    Vanessa James/Morgan Cipres
    Nathalie Péchalat/Fabian Bourzat

The source is this communication, but I was unable to find it on the FFSG website, so consider it semi-confirmed

Assuming it's correct, they're clearly sending the best team possible - I wonder if the FFSG finally realized that they can and should aim for a team medal in Sochi. Also, if P/B are going, it's not to finish behind B/S again; my guess is that if they feel they're not in good form, C/J will be called upon as replacements.

I expect their K&C antics to surpass last year's.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Team entries are up! http://www.isuresults.com/events/wtt-13_teams.htm

CANADA
    Patrick CHAN
    Kevin REYNOLDS
    Gabrielle DALEMAN
    Kaetlyn OSMOND
    Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
    Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE

CHINA
    Nan SONG Men
    Han YAN Men
    Zijun LI Ladies
    Kexin ZHANG Ladies
    Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG Pairs
    Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG Ice Dance

FRANCE
    Florent AMODIO
    Brian JOUBERT
    Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY
    Mae Berenice MEITE
    Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
    Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT

JAPAN
    Takahito MURA
    Daisuke TAKAHASHI
    Mao ASADA
    Akiko SUZUKI
    --- Pairs
    Cathy REED / Chris REED

RUSSIA
    Maxim KOVTUN
    Konstantin MENSHOV
    Adelina SOTNIKOVA
    Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
    Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
    Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV

USA
    Max AARON
    Jeremy ABBOTT
    Gracie GOLD
    Ashley WAGNER
    Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR
    Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES

Entries by discipline, including substitutes, plus link to Time and Practice schedule: http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051444.htm

ETA that the Team USA subs are Miner, Nagasu, Denney/Frazier, and Hubbell/Donohue (I assume that Scimeca/Knierim & the Shibutanis must have declined to participate).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-25-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Yay, I'm glad Daleman is being sent. This will be a good, low-pressure event for her, and she sure earned it with her performances at Canadians and Junior Worlds. I wonder if this means she's skating senior next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    CHINA
    Nan SONG Men
    Han YAN Men
    Zijun LI Ladies
    Kexin ZHANG Ladies
    Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG Pairs
    Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG Ice Dance
    Kexin

vCash
    Abbott is going? great news!
    the chinese team is a very young and promising one
    Pity about the pairs for Japan. We will miss Team Italy this year but France will provide the k&c voids for us...and the hotness, as always

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

ETA that the Team USA subs are Miner, Nagasu, Denney/Frazier, and Hubbell/Donohue (I assume that Scimeca/Knierim & the Shibutanis must have declined to participate).
    I'm guessing (hoping) that Z&B passed on being an substitute too?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I'm guessing (hoping) that Z&B passed on being an substitute too?
    I don't know, but Denney/Frazier (#24) were the next highest available U.S. pair on the current ISU World Standings list (ditto for Mirai Nagasu at #21).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by patinage View Post
    Yay, I'm glad Daleman is being sent. This will be a good, low-pressure event for her, and she sure earned it with her performances at Canadians and Junior Worlds. I wonder if this means she's skating senior next year.
    It has to be. With two Olympic spots I'm sure SC would like to see KO and another young gun get a spot, assuming Joannie doesn't return. She still hasn't said...

My heart goes out to Amelie. I hope she fights and skates well and earns a spot. But I have to feel that SC wants more options for the team and at WTT, this might be another chance to improve SB and get on the SGP.

I'll bet Daleman and Chartrand skate senior next year, while on the JGP there will be a number of possibles to fill the raft of slots we have, including Seguin, Austman, Dunley, Gong, Steward, Mallet, England...goes on and on (when does that happen in Canadian ladies??)

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Unless Lacoste is injured, turned it down, or has decided to retire, it really sucks for Lacoste, because, by the rules in the communication, she should have gotten the invite, since one of her scores was used to qualify Canada for the event. (I know, rulz, schulz.)
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    If Pechalat/Bourzat lose to Bobrova/Soloviev again, they are kind of done. Their reputation will suffer a lot and PCS will drop in relation to B/S (they used to have a buffer). Not sure that this is the best idea given they were far from 100% at Worlds. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    It has to be. With two Olympic spots I'm sure SC would like to see KO and another young gun get a spot, assuming Joannie doesn't return. She still hasn't said...
    Yes and Michelle Kwan will surely return as well. I mean she has never officially retired. She's surely just waiting for a suitable moment to announce her inevitable Olympic comeback.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    In an interview just before Worlds 2013, Joannie clearly said that she has not yet made a decision but that she will make one soon and that she will make an announcement after the CSOI tour is done and she's had some time at home.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Yay for Gabby Daleman! This will be such a wonderful experience for her, one that she had earned with her performances at nationals and junior worlds. Given that she's one of the front runners for the second Olympic spot, she needs this type of experience (she just attained age eligibility for senior, I believe, so this will be her first senior international.)

vCash
    Why isn't Hanyu doing it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    Why isn't Hanyu doing it?
    Although I was really hoping to see him @ WTT (those K&C moments lol), Yuzuru is currently recovering from left knee / right ankle injuries.

Blergh
    vCash
    I'm so happy Suzuki was named on the Japanese team.

I wonder what's going on with the Shibs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Unless Lacoste is injured, turned it down, or has decided to retire, it really sucks for Lacoste, because, by the rules in the communication, she should have gotten the invite, since one of her scores was used to qualify Canada for the event. (I know, rulz, schulz.)
    She's not listed as alternate either. Maybe she's injured? She had injury problems this past season, right?

Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I wonder what's going on with the Shibs.
    It seems like Marina didn't want any of her teams there.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast