Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    C&B skated very well. I really the the detail of the choreography with the arm and hand movements.

Carron and Jones were a mess, even for Carron and Jones. She was on the verge of disaster during the Polka.

Mario and Luigi are on team France!?

Call me crazy but I actually thought C&B had better flow and better choreography than W&P.
    [Sorry it took me so long to post this but ] I was there and I think you're right. However, that choreography shows up better on TV than it does in the arena. I was hoping Madison Chock would start to develop into a mini-Khoklova, but in terms of ice presence and connection to the audience she has a long way to go.

I was really disappointed with the ice dance in general - those top 3 couples will be greatly missed in the next quad. They were fast, fun and had a real connection to the audience that none of these skaters could match.

C/B started out really fast - the fastest there, and looked to me like they were skating on deep edges with a lot of confidence. Unfortunately, their speed really flagged as the dance went on - and this was even more noticeable in the FD. I think with Igor their speed will even out at some point, but they arent there yet.

W/P had about medium speed - they did slow down a bit to get through the elements, but not as much as C/B. But I didnt like their programs at all. The SD looks lamer live than it does on TV and the FD was just plain boring. What was Camerlengo thinking? I dont know if it was their material or just a bad performance, but they had no connection or spark at all, nothing to pull the audience in - add to that all the mistakes they made - I was very disappointed. I know they have a lot of fans here and I really liked their FD last year, but having seen them live, it wouldnt surprise me if G/P pass them as Canada's no. 1 team sometime in the next quad.

C/J were just awful - I dont know what happened between Worlds and WTT - it looked like they didnt practice at all. I think they just blew ANY chance they might have had to make the Olympic team. Pap/Ciz will go for sure. I wish they could have come here. I'd like to see them live. They are my best hope for anything interesting and worth rooting for after Sochi, I think.

It surprised me for sure, but the team I liked the most was M/K - a team that always bored me on TV. On TV they look slow, rather clumsy and totally boring. I think they must have improved for sure with Zhulin, but seeing them live - esp in the SD - they were sharp, crisp, their speed was about the same as W/P - in the SD they kept the speed the most even for any of the teams [another surprise] - and she esp has far more presence on the ice than comes across on TV. I thought they had the best SD by far in terms of choreography and performance. Their FD I didnt like - and they didnt skate it as fast - but it was better than it looked on TV, and at least they did have some kind of connection with each other and the audience. If Zhulin gives them better choreo next year, I might start to like them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    "Check out the chewing gum package - with @kaetlyn_23 's photo on it! Thrown on the ice to her from fans. #WTT13" http://pic.twitter.com/JRbUhxINrG
    That actually looks like Hi-Chew, a type of fruit chew.

vCash
    Pictures from all teams and backstage pics are now available on our homepage: http://www.figureskating-online.com/...am-trophy.html

vCash
    Great pics, thanks !

Lloyd looks so at ease.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021