Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Me too, but that team would probably always win easily.

I'm not 100% on the qualification guidelines, but I assume it would be something like Kim/Kostner, Ten/Fernandez, S&S in pairs and C&L in dance? That would destroy every other team.
    Yup, pretty much!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Why did they pick C/S as the Pairs team? S/K just beat them at Worlds and are already as good if not better. Between that and no D/W the US has no chance at all. I also was kinda wishing someone like Josh Farris would get a spot just like last year with Gracie it would be good experience for him.

vCash
    Why did they pick C/S as the Pairs team? S/K just beat them at Worlds and are already as good if not better. Between that and no D/W the US has no chance at all. I also was kinda wishing someone like Josh Farris would get a spot just like last year with Gracie it would be good experience for him. I would have rather seen Dornbush then Abbott. I kind of wish Ashley had bowed out too i think she's worn out from this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Why did they pick C/S as the Pairs team? S/K just beat them at Worlds and are already as good if not better. Between that and no D/W the US has no chance at all. I also was kinda wishing someone like Josh Farris would get a spot just like last year with Gracie it would be good experience for him. I would have rather seen Dornbush then Abbott. I kind of wish Ashley had bowed out too i think she's worn out from this season.

S/K are not ranked above C/S on World rankings. Simply because of their newness on International scene. So I guess USFS made a judgment call there. Bummer! Oh well S/K can get started on their Olympic season and C/S get another opportunity to skate with a large payoff.

I wish josh Farris was going he would have stolen the show !! I hope the US can at least get silver again but I fear other countries are thinking it is their time to pass the US up! We' ll see

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by figureit View Post
    S/K are not ranked above C/S on World rankings. Simply because of their newness on International scene. So I guess USFS made a judgment call there.
    Or perhaps Scimeca has elected to rest and heal her foot fully? Castelli/Shnapir skated a very good FS at Worlds and I'm glad they are getting the opportunity to go to WTT.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Or perhaps Scimeca has elected to rest and heal her foot fully? Castelli/Shnapir skated a very good FS at Worlds and I'm glad they are getting the opportunity to go to WTT.
    As with D/W if they were chosen first and decided to decline that probably would have been mentioned in the IN article and announcement. They are most probably alternates. Also Scimecas foot is obviously healed given their placement at Worlds and per their articles that I have read so we should not keep that one going. I also read they are students and work to pay for their skating. so the award financially would help them.. .. But it is also nice that C/S get another opportunity as well. They seemed disappointed because they did skate so well and did not get the marks they wanted. Maybe with less pressure and in a team event it will go better. Such a cool format this team competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    How so?
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    Well without D/W the US chances plummet to pretty much 0 .
    Thank you. Yes, that I was thinking.

Something tells me W/P will beat B/S this time.
    I can see that happening, W/P have a great fd.

vCash
    I can't wait to see Jeremy again and wash the sight of his Nationals out of my eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Thank you. Yes, that I was thinking.

I can see that happening, W/P have a great fd.
    I was thinking you meant that it would hurt the ice dance teams themselves, not the country's team. Oops! Thanks for clarifying.

vCash
    Unofficial report on the Chinese WTT team posted in tieba:

Men: YAN Han, SONG Nan
    Ladies: LI Zijun, ZHAO Ziquan (ZHANG Kexin still injured)
    Pairs: PENG Cheng / ZHANG Hao
    Dance: YU Xiaoyang / WANG Chen

vCash
    Looking forward to seeing Yan again.

No Huang/Zheng. I wonder what happened to them.

Japan at least has a shot at not finishing last in dance now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I can't wait to see Jeremy again and wash the sight of his Nationals out of my eyes.
    It might just be the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Murakami has disrupted the pecking order one season too early. Watch Suzuki's PCS drop like hot potatoes next season and suddenly Murakami will score 8s
    *cries*

Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Possibly Poland as well?
    Poland could theoretically field a team yes.

Ladies: Agata Kryger
    Men: Maciej Cieplucha
    Pairs: Klatka/Chruscinski or Lech/Tyc
    Ice Dance: Plutowska/Gerber (or Zvorigina/Bernadowski if her citizenship gets sorted which probably wouldn't be hard)

But yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by shsocu View Post
    Team USA

PAIRS
    Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir
    Not a very clever decision given they placed behind Scimeca/Knierim at Worlds. And S/K are going to be the team to beat next season at US Nationals, for sure (unless they split up by then ).

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Does anyone know why D/W are not coming? Is one of them injured? I thought that was the only reason the federation could substitute someone else.
    They don't give a rat's ass?
    Last edited by Ziggy; 03-22-2013 at 03:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    [D&W]don't give a rat's ass [about attending WTT]?
    Well, V&M aren't coming so they are virtually guaranteed the win. They are popular in Japan and it's very good money for such a low pressure event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, V&M aren't coming so they are virtually guaranteed the win. They are popular in Japan and it's very good money for such a low pressure event.
    They'll probably get some endorsements or some other crap following the Worlds win. Maybe some motivational speaking for a cardboard box producing company or something like that which will end up paying more.

vCash
    Whee excited to get to see Zijun Li and Han Yan again! (And Nan Song too...the skating is boring but the rest is )

vCash
    Russian team confirmed: http://fsrussia.ru/news/521_sostav-u...go-kubka-mira/

Men: Maxim Kovtun, Konstantin Menshov
    Ladies: Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
    Pairs: Tatiana Volosozhar/Maxim Trankov
    Ice dance: Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitry Soloviev

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Does anyone know why D/W are not coming? Is one of them injured? I thought that was the only reason the federation could substitute someone else.
    The article I read just said they want to begin preperation for the next season. I think if you are not injured you can not attend, but the ISU sanctions you in that you cannot perform anywhere else until after the event. That way people don't skip WTT for shows.

I'm surprised they aren't going though- they've always said in the past they enjoyed the event. Then again, they are so well media trained, they probably would say they enjoy anything USFS requires them to attend. But Chock/Bates could probably use the money and exposure.

vCash
    It actually makes a lot of sense politically to send Chock/Bates. They are the 'IT' team at the moment. On the rise, really strong technically, present their programs well. I have no doubt they will be the top US team after D/W retire.

vCash
    Back when the WTT started, no one cared much about it. Now fans are interested in having their favorites attend.

Do the skater's individual scores count towards seasons best score or season/world ranking points?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast