Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

CBC TV & Internet Broadcast Schedules of 4CC, Jr. Worlds & Worlds (Canada)

Click on the 3 links (tabs) for cbcsports.ca, CBC Television, and CBC Bold for the schedules: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Does CBC ever stream anything like Eurosport does?
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Does CBC ever stream anything like Eurosport does?
    most of what they are doing the week of worlds is live streaming.. check out the first column of that link - for cbc.ca that is what they will be streaming..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I'm really bad at this. I looked at that link and couldn't find any info about streaming. So, it's streaming because cbcsports.ca is selected?? I never would have figured that out without you guys.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I'm not sure there will be stream, as nothing happens when you click on the link. However, it does appear that there will be BOLD coverage, and in the past there has been stream of the BOLD. So there is a chance.

YAY for the BOLD - I didn't expect it to cover the event, as it has been sold. At first I thought it would just be repeats of the CBC coverage, but the times are different, some of the BOLD is earlier, so it must be extended coverage with PJ.

vCash

Has the Canadian broadcasting companies ever televised Junior Worlds before? I recall seeing Senior Worlds, but not Juniors.

I hope the Bold broadcast of 4CC is the extended version. My cable company lists it as only 2 hours on two days (same as CBC). However, my cable company have not gotten it correct before. I lost the recording of the Senior Ladies FS at Canadians because the cable company failed to update their listings correctly. The evening broadcast was listed at 1.5 hours, despite the fact it was 3 hours. Hence my DVR stopped recording prematurely, just before the Ladies FS. . I had not noticed it stopped recording because I was at the competition arena.
    Last edited by rvi5; 02-17-2013 at 01:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    Has the Canadian broadcasting companies ever televised Junior Worlds before? I recall seeing Senior Worlds, but not Juniors.
    They showed it last year. Just the freeskates. It was awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    I hope the Bold broadcast of 4CC is the extended version. My cable company lists it as only 2 hours on two days (same as CBC). .
    According to the CBC schedule there are two two-hour broadcasts. I hope that it is right!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    They showed it last year. Just the freeskates. It was awesome.
    I obviously missed it.

Junior Worlds on TV, a two page spread in the Toronto star during Canadian Nationals, and the upcoming Ice Sweat & Tears documentary about FS. I hope this is a sign/trend that the Canadian media is starting to pay more attention to FS. It would be nice if FS info could find it's way into the popular free commuter newspapers.

vCash
    CBC showed the free programs of the Jr GPF last season as well. And they showed Jr Worlds during the Dube/Davison years when it was last held in Canada. CBC also showed Jr. Worlds in the early 90s. My guess is that whenever TSN/CTV obtains the rights to Skate Canada and Canadians, CBC will more like air other international skating events like juniors.

vCash
    I see the times for all the other worlds events on streaming but I don't see the dance free and ladies free yet. I hope they just haven't updated it yet, hopefully they aren't not showing them or something.

vCash

For TV according to my cable listing, Mens and Pairs Free are on the 23rd, with women and Dance finals on the 24th.

For Bold, it does not provide a description for the 28th, but shows Pairs and Dance finals on Mar 2nd. I assume Women and Mens must be on the undescribed 28th date.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    I'm in Thailand ATM. If I click on Sylvia's link above, and then click on CBC Bold it shows the times as being all at ICT time (whatever that is)

Would some kind person in Vancouver (or that time zone) put here the times for Worlds for Vancouver so I can do a little forward planning.

Thanks so much. Much appreciated.

(Arrive back in Van Mar11 and hit the ground running with appointments from morning of 12th. The person we're house-sitting for will get Bold hooked up for me but I'm wondering if it's worth it if I'm going to be out all day most days that week. But if Bold is not showing it live and it will be on at night/overnight then I'll be able to watch it on their huge TV)
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash

ICT = Indo-China Time. http://gothailand.about.com/od/planatrip/f/faqtime.htm

The BOLD web site shows EST for me. Vancouver is PST, 3 hours behind. The CBC website must be detecting your current location, and displaying for your local time zone.

Below is the BOLD info for EST. You will need to subtract 3 hours to get PST...

Wed Mar 13
    11:50 AM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Pairs Short Program
    4:30 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Opening Ceremonies
    5:30 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Mens Short Program

Thu Mar 14
    12:00 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Womens Short Program
    6:30 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Dance Short Program

Fri Mar 15
    12:50 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Pairs Free Program
    6:30 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Mens Free Program

Sat Mar 16
    3:30 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Dance Free Program
    8:00 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Womens Free Program

Sun Mar 17
    7:00 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Gala
    Last edited by rvi5; 02-18-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Thank you so much!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    CBC showed the free programs of the Jr GPF last season as well. And they showed Jr Worlds during the Dube/Davison years when it was last held in Canada. CBC also showed Jr. Worlds in the early 90s. My guess is that whenever TSN/CTV obtains the rights to Skate Canada and Canadians, CBC will more like air other international skating events like juniors.
    Ummm.... CTV/TSN has had those rights for 2 years now. (still wishing it didn't happen -- I got spoiled with the BOLD coverage)

vCash
    On Friday, February 22nd, the Federal Government formally approved the sale of BOLD to Blue Ant Media.
    (The sale received CRTC approval back in December but since its a government property it apparently also requires government approval for the sale.)

According to the terms of the original sale agreement, Blue Ant gets possession of the channel 7 days later to do with as they wish.

There may be no full worlds event coverage on CBC television.

I have it on good authority that whatever happens, the live streaming on cbc.ca will continue.

Oh I'm hoping beyond hope that I'm wrong about this. Lets keep our fingers crossed that something was worked out to keep worlds on BOLD at least for this year.

--Peter

vCash
    For those who can watch CBC TV and/or the live streaming:

LIVE NOW 4:00 PM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Four Continents- Men's and Pairs Free Programs
    Sun Feb 24 3:00 PM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Four Continents (LOCAL)

cbcsports.ca live stream:
    LIVE NOW 4:00 PM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Four Continents- Men's and Pairs Free Programs
    Sun Feb 24 2:00 PM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Four Continents- Women's and Dance
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    CBC is the one with the contract for TV coverage with the ISU. Is CBC even allowed to then do a deal with Blue Ant to show worlds on what is no longer a CBC channel? Anybody?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    CBC is the one with the contract for TV coverage with the ISU. Is CBC even allowed to then do a deal with Blue Ant to show worlds on what is no longer a CBC channel? Anybody?
    CBC has the _rights_ to ISU events. Remember that last year their GP coverage was also broadcast on Vision TV. One could surmize, then, that their contract would have allowed them to subcontract those rights. As we've seen with U.S. skating broadcasts, just because you have those rights doesn't necessarily mean you're actually going to do anything.

There are no press releases on the Blue Ant website yet regarding BOLD. All we can do is wait and see right now unless something with some inside scoop is willing to talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast