Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

vCash
    I only want to say - i wish to see Jeniffer Swan in K&C at WCh I know, this will never happened, but i could dream

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Of course . But when I read that article about Meryl's "London Grandmother and her connection with this city" - it really looked a like she had paid for journalists.
    And it is just my sense of humor, don't take it serious
    CatharineC first my apologies for not reading your first post about the report where you live. My bad and I'm willing to take my punishment of 20 lashes with a wet noodle.

Now, about that article in the London Free Press. Just so you know, I felt kind of ... uncomfortable when I saw it in a newspaper I receive here at home (I get London's paper here where I live which is about an hour away from London) and I was surprised to see it in print. Of course, it being about figure skating, I thought "definitely have to read this". It was a nice piece but it somehow seemed kind of ... wrong? to be reading such an upbeat article about a couple who are the biggest threat to our own golden dance couple winning. I mean, it was nicely done, lots of tidbits of how Meryl has all these Canadian ties (including one that is very close to where I live). It just wigged me out.

How many here would agree that we would not see such a write-up about any Canadian single/couple in a U.S. paper should the circumstances be reversed?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    How many here would agree that we would not see such a write-up about any Canadian single/couple in a U.S. paper should the circumstances be reversed?
    It was from the begining. Canadian press and commentators alwayse support Meryl and Charlie. But USA commentators and press didnt support V-M. And how Tanith, Judy Blumberg (who will be in tech pannel at WCh) talked about V-M and how Tracy Wilson and Kurt Brauning talk about D-W. I think you could feel the difference.
    But maybe canadians think- good thigs happen with good people? They learned this lesson with B-K, when they alwayse talked about unfair judging and B-K even couldnt get btonze at OG in 1998 where (IMNO) they were third.
    Last edited by pani; 03-09-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    CatharineC first my apologies for not reading your first post about the report where you live. My bad and I'm willing to take my punishment of 20 lashes with a wet noodle.

Now, about that article in the London Free Press. Just so you know, I felt kind of ... uncomfortable when I saw it in a newspaper I receive here at home (I get London's paper here where I live which is about an hour away from London) and I was surprised to see it in print. Of course, it being about figure skating, I thought "definitely have to read this". It was a nice piece but it somehow seemed kind of ... wrong? to be reading such an upbeat article about a couple who are the biggest threat to our own golden dance couple winning. I mean, it was nicely done, lots of tidbits of how Meryl has all these Canadian ties (including one that is very close to where I live). It just wigged me out.

that article would've been more appropriate if it was published AFTER worlds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    that article would've been more appropriate if it was published AFTER worlds
    This will be nice, if this article was published a lot of years ago. Afte D-W become seniors and skated at SC in 2006 and 2008. Or even before 2010 OG.
    Its understanding, canadians will be nice with all skaters. This will not be like in Nice, when french publick was not jind with Patrick after he won gold, or like they did when Anisina didnt win gold at 2001 WCh and at TEB Chinquanta get boooo Canadians not such kind of FS fans, so i cant understand, why Meryl worry about this? If she had so many supporters at stands, we will see them all, they will show big support to D-W

vCash
    Hi fellow Canadians!

I watched this Carmen here and IMO this is the best skating (skating wise at least) in ice dance COP history: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS9HFO-vgG8 . Virtue has improved her skating even from 5 years ago, tremendously (IMO - which, I must admit, didn't think might be possible). Now, she is unmatched today (I thought she would be surpassed by at least a diva Russian this time 4 years ago).
    Go Canada and Patrick!

vCash
    Hi everybody I just saw some pictures of Tessa and Scott practicing Carmen and they look really awesome and ready. Can't wait until next weekend!

ETA: Scott's hair looks short so I think he cut it (sorry to all the people that like it longer lol).
    Last edited by Shayii; 03-10-2013 at 02:35 AM.

vCash
    Agreed - we'd never see such a generous article, based on what we've been seeing lately, it probably be more of the same. It also gave me a feeling almost like we've already conceded the win to DW. I just don't understand the nature of the press around VM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Hi everybody I just saw some pictures of Tessa and Scott practicing Carmen and they look really awesome and ready. Can't wait until next weekend!
    Is it possible to post these pictures?

I'm so excited for worlds and so happy I will be there to see them live for the free dance!! Something tells they're going to be amazing

vCash
    During my trip to London today, especially while passing through downtown, I saw 4 Worlds banners, 3 of which were of Patrick, one of Tessa and Scott. And the two billboards I saw were also Patrick only. Great job promoting your home skaters there, Skate Canada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Is it possible to post these pictures?

I'm so excited for worlds and so happy I will be there to see them live for the free dance!! Something tells they're going to be amazing
    I saw it on FB, but it's a secret group and the person that posted it said it was like a secret practice so they couldn't say where it was. I hope you plan on giving us a report. I wish I could go.

vCash
    I saw it on FB, but it's a secret group and the person that posted it said it was like a secret practice so they couldn't say where it was. I hope you plan on giving us a report. I wish I could go.
    A secret practice but this person posted photos on facebook?

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    During my trip to London today, especially while passing through downtown, I saw 4 Worlds banners, 3 of which were of Patrick, one of Tessa and Scott. And the two billboards I saw were also Patrick only. Great job promoting your home skaters there, Skate Canada.

i hate how skatecanada prefers men singles over other disciplines
    for chrissake its tessa and scott's hometown!

vCash

ETA: Scott's hair looks short so I think he cut it (sorry to all the people that like it longer lol).
    Thank you for information, Shay!
    O no - Scott, who told you to cut your hairs? But hope this is the worst thing wish happened with them at WCh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    Thank you for report. Hope you will have time to made a little reports for us from London

Guys, i have an idea. I could give information about my SC account for someone from Canada and who could see practice. And maybe this person could uplooad videos for us, who couldnt watch it, later.
    If you have ideas, send PM to me

vCash
    We will be at practices tommorow and will some reports on v/m

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    We will be at practices tommorow and will some reports on v/m
    Thank you a lot!
    Cant wait when competitions will start. Cant belive this is first WCh in 4 years i will not see "live"

vCash
    Hah, no need to apologize, it's okay, and how I said - we all are just people, not robots, and we all make mistakes in our lives.

And just for the information - latvian TV will show almost ALL the world championships from first competitor to last, and all of the events will be showed "live".
    It's always so hard to find streams, these are the ones, who almost always work -
    http://hotbladeshotpassion.blogspot....nel-ltv-7.html
    http://www.ltv7.lv/files/player-lice...autostart=true

Just click on them, when the competition will start
    And I'll try to give you some reports, what latvian commentators said about V/M and D/W, what they liked the most.

vCash
    Oh, and my idea how to call new thread - Hometown Glory.

vCash
    CatherineC , thank you! I watched ECh on TV7 stream and they showed all competitions, wich was cool!

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast