Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1001
  1. #921

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,725
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    I like videos from HPC. At least we could see, how this work - how they talk with skaters, how skaters learn to made elements on higher level ect.
    And this was funny, how Scott talked about Tessas dress amazing

  2. #922
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Hey guys, it's about time for a new thread! I had an idea that I floated around a while back for a worlds title thread:

    Where in the Worlds is Carmen San Diego?
    I still like I'm Coming Home song. Think some of the lyrics work: maybe something in the refrain
    I’m coming home
    I’m coming home
    Tell the World I’m coming home
    Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
    I know my kingdom awaits and they’ve forgiven my mistakes
    I’m coming home, I’m coming home
    Tell the World that I’m coming
    or in a verse
    Back where I belong, yeah I never felt so strong
    (I’m back baby)
    I feel like there’s nothing that I can’t try
    And if you with me put your hands high
    Fingers crossed for Worlds and wishing them performances that make them happy and proud.

  3. #923
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I like videos from HPC. At least we could see, how this work - how they talk with skaters, how skaters learn to made elements on higher level ect.
    And this was funny, how Scott talked about Tessas dress amazing
    THe bit about the dress. I got the feeling we never saw the dress Tessa was talking about because one of the advisors told her "No, it needs to go all the way around". I only watched the once so maybe am not remembering correctly.

  4. #924
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think the clips online were behind the scenes or online bonuses, and one focused on Tessa and Scott specifically so that's why it had more footage. I don't think it was supposed to be in the documentary in the first place.

  5. #925

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,725
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    THe bit about the dress. I got the feeling we never saw the dress Tessa was talking about because one of the advisors told her "No, it needs to go all the way around". I only watched the once so maybe am not remembering correctly.
    Yes. She said - one side is short, and Zhukiski said to her - it must be all arround. But her blue dress at first GP events didnt had short part.

  6. #926
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    206
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    Aren't you in the wrong thread, CatherineC?
    Why? I was happy that latvians wrote so much about T/S and NOTHING about M/C.
    As well as lauravvv I think you didn't get something in my posts.
    But that's ok, we all make mistakes in our lives!
    I can say, that I'm in big love with V/M, not D/W and it's definitely not the wrong thread for me.

  7. #927

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,819
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Why? I was happy that latvians wrote so much about T/S and NOTHING about M/C.
    As well as lauravvv I think you didn't get something in my posts.
    But that's ok, we all make mistakes in our lives!
    I can say, that I'm in big love with V/M, not D/W and it's definitely not the wrong thread for me.
    CatherineC -- I think what some of us thought (myself included) was that you were upset that there was little/no mention of D/W by name -- only by their nationality. It certainly felt that way to me and I had to wonder a bit. Sometimes, when English is not a first language for a poster, comments don't always come across the way a poster means. Usually I get the gist of those type of posts, but I didn't get that sense from yours. Not to worry, though. Message understood.
    Crazy about sports!

  8. #928
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    206
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    CatherineC -- I think what some of us thought (myself included) was that you were upset that there was little/no mention of D/W by name -- only by their nationality. It certainly felt that way to me and I had to wonder a bit. Sometimes, when English is not a first language for a poster, comments don't always come across the way a poster means. Usually I get the gist of those type of posts, but I didn't get that sense from yours. Not to worry, though. Message understood.

    And I'm sorry for my bad english again.
    Last edited by CatherineC; 03-09-2013 at 04:37 PM.

  9. #929

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,819
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post

    And I'm sorry again for my bad english again.
    No worries! You corrected our misconceptions and all is good!
    Crazy about sports!

  10. #930
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,322
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    CatherineC -- I think what some of us thought (myself included) was that you were upset that there was little/no mention of D/W by name -- only by their nationality. It certainly felt that way to me and I had to wonder a bit. Sometimes, when English is not a first language for a poster, comments don't always come across the way a poster means. Usually I get the gist of those type of posts, but I didn't get that sense from yours. Not to worry, though. Message understood.
    For me English is not the first language either, but I think that CatherineC's English is actually quite okay. And I think that with all those , "I like it", "MEERYYYLLLL! YOU FORGOT TO PAY TO LATVIAN TELEVISION FOR THEIR DESCRIPTION!" (Is the humor really so difficult to get? ) and "LOLOLOLOOOL" it should have been fairly clear. So, probably her English was not at fault at all. It may be that some of us are just too suspicious when it comes to any mentions of Davis/White, so we tend to see things that are not even there.

  11. #931
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    For me English is not the first language either, but I think that CatherineC's English is actually quite okay. And I think that with all those , "I like it", "MEERYYYLLLL! YOU FORGOT TO PAY TO LATVIAN TELEVISION FOR THEIR DESCRIPTION!" (Is the humor really so difficult to get? ) and "LOLOLOLOOOL" it should have been fairly clear. So, probably her English was not at fault at all. It may be that some of us are just too suspicious when it comes to any mentions of Davis/White, so we tend to see things that are not even there.
    Possibly. Fwiw I understood CatherineC and think your english is fine.

  12. #932
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    Posts
    420
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I understood you perfectly CatherineC
    anyways maybe tessa was talking about this dress? http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/bulld...6_original.jpg it doesnt really wrap around (this is kinda a bad pic bc you cant really see it)

  13. #933

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,725
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    I understood you perfectly CatherineC
    anyways maybe tessa was talking about this dress? http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/bulld...6_original.jpg it doesnt really wrap around (this is kinda a bad pic bc you cant really see it)
    This was my first thought about this dress. And if she talked about it at HPC this mean she had this dress already. Werid she didnt use it untill 4CC. I love this dress.

  14. #934
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    Posts
    420
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    This was my first thought about this dress. And if she talked about it at HPC this mean she had this dress already. Werid she didnt use it untill 4CC. I love this dress.
    yeah it was probably the best dress she wore all season

    anyways i hope meryl paying skating federations to get recognized becomes a thing because i found CatherineC's post quite humourous (and by thing i mean an inside joke/running gag or w/e just how #scottmoirhatesthisevent has become)

  15. #935
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Its OK. They same happened with Icenetwork pay access. Only one thing bothering me - i asked them before get access, will it be geoblocked?
    Next season i will not buy SC access to pay channel - no problem/
    Thnks for support
    agree with Pratfall, that is awful. Maybe you can remind them that you were promised this access at the time you subscribed? Maybe they will make it available to you? At the very least, they should give you some money back.

    Quote Originally Posted by m_chenning View Post
    Yes, it was idea from russian community. ( http://tessa-and-scott.livejournal.com )

    For Tessa and for Scott. We only know they've got flowers. No proof picture and so on , but I hope they were glad. They need some extra support and love from us, it's going to be extremely tough competition.
    Thank you for the links to the interview and the pics of the arrangements. You guys are awesome. I am sure they feel the support and love

  16. #936

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,725
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    agree with Pratfall, that is awful. Maybe you can remind them that you were promised this access at the time you subscribed? Maybe they will make it available to you? At the very least, they should give you some money back.
    Thank you for support. I will send them email, but this how rights for streaming work. Just Ш will not buy assecc for nest season.

  17. #937
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thank you for support. I will send them email, but this how rights for streaming work. Just Ш will not buy assecc for nest season.
    Not that I have any clout but I am happy to petition them on your behalf.

    Maybe after the worlds? I will send them an email. Just send me details and amount.

    Miriam

  18. #938

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,725
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Not that I have any clout but I am happy to petition them on your behalf.

    Maybe after the worlds? I will send them an email. Just send me details and amount.

    Miriam
    Thanks for support, but its really not a big problem. I only hope, that canadian users could watch practice and will tell us how thing will go

    Miriam, i have new information about banners.

    The policy for signs, banners, flags, etc are that a person only can bring it in and display it if they hold it up with their own hands., and are not impeding the view of other fans.

    We will not allow poles (for flags, etc) or signage that has derogatory or inappropriate comments on it.

    If any of the signs/banners/flags etc are blocking someone’s view, we will ask them to refrain from displaying it as well.

    Lastly, we do not permit signs/banners/flags from being tied or attached in any way to any of our structures/railings, hang over the edge of any of our railings, or propped up against any of our walls
    So if you will hold your banner in your hands - this will be OK. Like i undertsand, this arena is too small and no place where people could put banners. But from other hand, this arena had much better view then other, like in Bercy and CoR.

  19. #939
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    88
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    So, hi everyone, haven't been there for a while.
    Anyways, I wanted to share how latvian television are describing next week's worlds ice dance faves.
    So, my translate: "So, there in Canada, people has a very big interest about this discipline, because hometown competitors Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir are pretending to gold medals, they are last year's World Champions too as well as Olympic Champions in 2010. The greatest enemies for them - French, American and Russian skaters."

    Seriously? No words for Meryl and Charlie? They are just some of "American skaters"? I like it
    MEERYYYLLLL! YOU FORGOT TO PAY TO LATVIAN TELEVISION FOR THEIR DESCRIPTION!

    P.S. Sorry for poor translation, my english sucks.
    O, really? i thought this teams spend money on training

  20. #940
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    206
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fanof View Post
    O, really? i thought this teams spend money on training
    Of course . But when I read that article about Meryl's "London Grandmother and her connection with this city" - it really looked a like she had paid for journalists.
    And it is just my sense of humor, don't take it serious

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •