Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's one thing for SC to promote their skaters - why VM have not gotten the kind of PR that BK or Chan got/gets, could be related to the uncertainty of their future, but why not capitalize on their past accomplishments and current status of Olympic gold medalists? It seems though, that the other team is not only being promoted by their association, but by other various sources, media and such with the same PR message and in addition, taking every opportunity to find fault, real or fabricated for anything VM does.

vCash
    Is this the same book that came out not too long after the olympics?
    http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Tessa...qE72TXZmeg&r=1
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shsocu View Post
    Is this the same book that came out not too long after the olympics?
    http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Tessa...qE72TXZmeg&r=1
    No the other one is black and white. I didn't see this yet, I'm going to buy it.

Saw this on twitter, new interview http://m.680news.com/2013/03/05/key-...-anything-but/.

vCash
    never mind.

vCash
    I thought V/M were also represented with IMG? Who represents them?

Oops I was responding to the above post with the IMG links, but it got altered lol.

And to answer my own question they are represented by Danny Fritz IMG Canada. It's on their website.

vCash
    A picture of their bubble:

us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/aleksander1/aleksander11101/aleksander1110100076/8538884-black-swan-on-mountain-lake-a-vector-illustration.jpg

as you can see, Choreographer and Trainer are in it as well!

vCash
    This is kind of random, but I was looking at the University of Western Ontario (which I will be visiting this weekend, sadly one week away from Worlds. Visiting the university would've been a great excuse for my parents to take me to London for Worlds haha) website, and while looking in the health science area for a friend, I came across this: http://fowlerkennedy.com/patients/fo...videos/page/2/

It looks like a pretty old interview, but Tessa speaks about her experience at the clinic and her CECS.

vCash
    It's going to be a very long week here at home next week. I think my moods will be swinging all over the place so I think I'll ask for patience and forgiveness now. I may find myself ducking in here for solace and hugs cause I'm going to try and read through the play by play threads and we know how nasty some people get there. For me, this topic is my bubble.

To all of you going, please give out a long and loud "wooo hooo" and plenty of standing "O"s for all those Canadian skaters competing. I'd also like to share some of this with
    Dance: P/B and the Shibs
    Pairs: S/S
    Men: Fernandez, Takahashi
    Women: Asada
    I'm sure I"m missing some so I reserve the right to add more later
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    A picture of their bubble:

us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/aleksander1/aleksander11101/aleksander1110100076/8538884-black-swan-on-mountain-lake-a-vector-illustration.jpg

as you can see, Choreographer and Trainer are in it as well!

Shayii, thanks for the link. Its amazing, how Scott try alwayse to protect Tessa

Link from FF - Tessa and Scott with Acura
    http://www.acurawest.ca/tessascott.html

Tessas car look big

vCash
    Lol Tessa got an SUV! Man, lucky kids getting new cars. But that's awesome. So how many cars do they have now? I remember someone saying they also got BMWs? That pic Marty posted took me a sec too long to get lol.

The eBook was kinda disappointing or maybe I didn't read the description well, but it was just a collage of all the articles the author has ever written of Tessa and Scott and some pictures didn't even show up, but whatevs it was only $3.

I have't posted a favorite list in awhile, but I was really bored tonight. Here are some of my favorite T/S montages Part 2 (or Part 3 don't remember where I left off):
    The Worlds Meet: So pretty and the music is so soothing it almost lulled me to sleep.
    Cheeky Mambo: No real reason, I just think it's so cute.
    Breath of Life: Since it was made by my request and it's amazing.
    No Light: No real reason for this either, just love the way it was edited.
    Stripped/Skin: Tied for capturing the essence of Carmen, IMO.
    Real Life Fairytale: One of the best solely picture montages I've seen.
    Feels Like Home: I love the song.

vCash
    I think this is old photos with cars.But i could be wrong.
    And yes, after 2010 OG they get black BMWs cars
    Thnks for montages list. Need to watch them all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think this is old photos with cars.But i could be wrong.
    And yes, after 2010 OG they get black BMWs cars
    Thnks for montages list. Need to watch them all
    Were they BMW or Audi cars? I don't remember.

vCash
    Audi a4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    V/M have tried to take ice dance in a more dance-based direction, but it appears that the ISU does not want it to go that way. So be it. I'm very happy that V/M have tried pushing it in this direction. As the reigning champions, it is their job to show these different possibilities. Well done! I still hope they have as good a performance as can be done, so that in the future, the ISU can perhaps revisit this decision and come to a different conclusion.
    Maybe ISU doesn’t want a dance-based direction because not all ice dancers can actually dance. After discovering Tessa and Scott at the Vancouver Olympics, my idealistic self was like, “This is cool, dancers on ice!” Three years later following this sport I had to adjust my expectations, that very few are actual dancers and skaters at the same time. That many, while tremendous athletes and skaters are not dancers or at the very least lack the grace and attributes you normally expect to see in intermediate dancers off ice much less from dancers who call themselves elite. Not exactly a lowering of standard (well, perhaps a bit) but more like adjustment to reality. A frustrating reality for the idealistic part of me, but what can you expect when judges don’t encourage these athletes to be the best that they can be, both as skaters and dancers? Just nail the difficult elements as fast as you can and boom, score of perfection. Never mind the bad posture, broken form, dangling legs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    [...] My thought is, V&M excel at everything at which Chan excels, and they're more musical, and their elements are at the maximum difficulty, and they don't make as many mistakes... so where is their huge point advantage? For that matter why did N&K have such a huge point advantage just because of superior bodyline, while lacking in many other qualities that V&M have?
    Someone mentioned this a few threads back, (not sure who, perhaps it was you also), that it is funny that during the N/K era, superior body line and dance grace takes precedence over technical skating skills, while in this cycle the reverse seems to be happening, that it is all about the elements and speed skating. (Does ice dance judging really fluctuates this much historically or is it really all about that dreaded politics again?) I think it is a testament to V/M skills as dancers and skaters that they could flourish and succeed in these two very different eras of judging philosophy, politics be dammed.

Anyway, back to Worlds, I honestly believe they can still win this despite the odds, which is a surprise to me because I tend to panic a lot. (I probably will next week. ). Maybe I am being naive and idealistic again, but I trust Tessa and Scott and their training and their strength as both dancers and skaters. I hope they can perform their programs to their full potential, not just for the win, but as an example for the next generation of ice dancers. Perhaps a time will come when a system will be in place that recognizes and rewards both dance skills and grace (like in the N/K era) and the technical prowess of the modern ice dancers (like in this quad). Or perhaps not. Either way, Tessa and Scott are showing that you do not have to choose between dance technique and skating technique in ice dancing. One quality does not have to be sacrificed for the other, that both can exist harmoniously to reach true perfection in ice dance. Or at least near perfection anyway. It is a challenge definitely, but I am really hoping someone will take up that challenge when Scott and Tessa are done competing. Ultimately, I believe that would be Tessa and Scott’s true legacy to ice dancing.

ETA: We better start thinking of thread titles. With the documentary coming up, we might need a new thread even before TS step on ice for the SD.

ETA: LOL! Just reading the article on W/P on dance international and I can't really enjoy it because it was written by Lois Elfman, again with an bunch of quotes from SYTYCD dancers. All this talk about propaganda is making me cynical and distrustful.
    Last edited by Sahararainfall; 03-06-2013 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    It's one thing for SC to promote their skaters - why VM have not gotten the kind of PR that BK or Chan got/gets, could be related to the uncertainty of their future, but why not capitalize on their past accomplishments and current status of Olympic gold medalists? It seems though, that the other team is not only being promoted by their association, but by other various sources, media and such with the same PR message and in addition, taking every opportunity to find fault, real or fabricated for anything VM does.
    This. It is not like they have the potential to be golden. They ARE golden. SC needs to step up on this. Now.

vCash
    I like So You Think You Can Dance (and the dancers mentioned were ones that I've enjoyed, fwiw). No need to diminish them.

vCash
    Maybe ISU doesn’t want a dance-based direction because not all ice dancers can actually dance.
    I dissagree with this. Ice dance technical comitee changed rules after 2010 OG - uplifting rule, dance rythm rules ect. So for me its look like they wish to back ice dance in Pahomova-Gorshkov era.

ETA: LOL! Just reading the article on W/P on dance international and I can't really enjoy it because it was written by Lois Elfman, again with an bunch of quotes from SYTYCD dancers. All this talk about propaganda is making me cynical and distrustful
    My 1 problem with this article is - she copy ice-dance article about modern in ice dance. Plus - i didnt see dance in W-P FD. And i am happy they re-work it and hope it will look much better and will have more dance moves, not just elements.

vCash
    I am a BIG SYTYCD fan myself and not diminishing the show at all. More than anything else this show has brought different kind of dances to the masses, for people like me who don't have access to them otherwise. Just marveling at the accessibility of the writer to a lot of dancers from that show. Yes. I am also familiar with the choreographer and dancers mentioned, but dancers from seasons 3 and 4 are my all time faves (US show).

vCash
    Maybe ISU doesn’t want a dance-based direction because not all ice dancers can actually dance.
    Dance looks like many different things. Just because other skaters do not look like V/M does not mean they do not look like dancers on ice. I see many beautiful dancers on the ice at most competitions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Dance looks like many different things. Just because other skaters do not look like V/M does not mean they do not look like dancers on ice. I see many beautiful dancers on the ice at most competitions.
    Its was discussion about V-M put a lot off dance moves from usuall dance on ice. And they working a lot on translate dance on ice, like they are without skaters. When a lot of ice dancers gust skate.

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast