Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1001
  1. #781

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Hey can anybody view this video http://london.ctvnews.ca/world-figur...view-1.1181319? It was linked on twitter as fans welcome hometown favorites, but I can't see it so I'm thinking it's geoblocked?
    Thanks for the link, its work for me
    They did a little interview in Ilderton SC with Charlie, Joe and Alma anbout how this all will be at WCh in London. They talked about town will be yellow this time. Charlie said canadians will be behind them, like this was in Vancouver.
    Two words from Scott (from Nationals) how this wieek will be great.
    Tessas dad said in Vancouver audience started support them before they step on the ice and this will happened in London.

  2. #782

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    PJ talks to Dave/Jenny about V/M vs D/W: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tLMCPysS4
    Th better place for this- D-W thread.
    Its amazing, how D-W fans now talking Aunt Joyse is the best FS expert and how bad V-M middle part of the FD is, when how D-W FD choreo in masterpiece.
    Yes, Dave, your favorite team didnt had ever injuries and problems with health, like all others. And yes, Marina will bring all the best to her son. And Tessa need to see this every day, to show them her ideas and gave them Swan to work for americans gold at OG. Yes, canadians is too honest

  3. #783

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Interesting. Swan says that the team's aim for Worlds is not about winning but rather executing their intent.
    Unfortunately Zoueva did everything tp re-move Swan work from this FD. She know the difference between D-W and V-M and couldnt let V-M to show uniuqe choreo.
    Like she didnt get any chance to Shibs to show there dancing skills and personality, wich they show in exibition number at 4CC. Because Chralie couldnt dance - she cant let to all know about how weak he is.
    So i will be happy if V-M really dont care about gold, but wish to show original "Carmen", but this isnt the case. For V-M its important to show Aunt Joyse they havee good speed in spin

  4. #784

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,893
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thanks for the link, its work for me
    They did a little interview in Ilderton SC with Charlie, Joe and Alma anbout how this all will be at WCh in London. They talked about town will be yellow this time. Charlie said canadians will be behind them, like this was in Vancouver.
    Two words from Scott (from Nationals) how this wieek will be great.
    Tessas dad said in Vancouver audience started support them before they step on the ice and this will happened in London.
    Yea I was finally able to watch it when I switched to my laptop (I was trying on my iPhone before). The atmosphere will be pretty incredible. I'm honestly hoping Tessa and Scott will you use that energy to uplift them and not let it stress them out or put pressure on them. I so wish I could be there!

  5. #785

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I've privately wondered for the past season whether Carol Lane would be an option for them. I know it won't happen and from that Swan article V&M aren't going anywhere but I've felt that may be the only option for them, train away from their main competitor and Lane's teams tend to get their levels.
    I am not talking about Lane, but for me, when two teams skating in this level, they dont need to show to there competitiors there new programs, ideas, new elements before season will start. They dont need to show Tessa had problems with health, wish made d-W more relax and sure in there gold.
    Not because they dont need to work with Zoueva, but just because V-M dont need all that pressure anymore. I am wonder this two didnt see this. Sometime its better to be a friends on distans.
    But now Zoueva even took from them Swan

  6. #786

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Yea I was finally able to watch it when I switched to my laptop (I was trying on my iPhone before). The atmosphere will be pretty incredible. I'm honestly hoping Tessa and Scott will you use that energy to uplift them and not let it stress them out or put pressure on them. I so wish I could be there!
    Yes, will be amazing to see this. WCh - best competition of the season
    Scott mom look nervouse

  7. #787
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    587
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I just listened to the whole PJ interview. I found her much more than capable of holding her own. It felt, IMO, that jenny and Dave started out with the intention of catching her on the wrong foot, but she more than held her own. She is a very astute and, again, IMO, a much more knowledgeable person than either of the other two interviewers. I felt her opinions were given honestly, and I certainly felt she didn't pull any punches. I must admit I have more respect for PJ than I do for Tracy Wilson. I often feel, rightly or wrongly, that Tracy is very circumspect in her comments re Tess and Scott, because she is protecting her job working with NBC.

  8. #788

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    r Tracy Wilson. I often feel, rightly or wrongly, that Tracy is very circumspect in her comments re Tess and Scott, because she is protecting her job working with NBC.
    Its OK. You need to listen her comments about Bourne-Kraatz
    I think she simply try to plasy in objective. I think you know, what D-W ubers started at the begining of the season, when she said D-W didnt have connection with each other
    And Canada have Patrick - who care about Virtue, who have injury?

  9. #789
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Its OK. You need to listen her comments about Bourne-Kraatz
    I think she simply try to plasy in objective. I think you know, what D-W ubers started at the begining of the season, when she said D-W didnt have connection with each other
    And Canada have Patrick - who care about Virtue, who have injury?
    Do you honestly think Carmen is unoriginal now? I disagree.

  10. #790

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Do you honestly think Carmen is unoriginal now? I disagree.
    I think at SC and CoR its had more original elemnts, then it had now Like i said before, it stay best FD of the season (no matter, what Aunt Joyse and D-W ubers think about this), but it miss now some little details, like that firt position at spin and lat step sequens.
    And i forget to say about D-W FD. From the first outing i know, this will be solid FD in there style and people will like it, becasue they like Meryl and Charlie. I knew, they will improve it.
    But.... They get 10th at first outing. So i dont belive how you skate and what you skate matter something now.

  11. #791
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Age
    47
    Posts
    8,165
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I came here to post (a little late) about the anniversary of V&M's Olympic win and watching all three of their performances again so I hate to be negative but...


    I think icedance/ISU or somebody needs to do some serious housekeeping and and this points out all the things that have plagued the "sport." Why the heck is a legitimate journalist publicly debating someone who is basically a fan (a very biased fan) with a blog?

    I appreciate that people are reading and taking into consideration what the fans think but only to a certain extent. Many of us are long times fans and are no different than the fans of football, baseball, hockey etc. in that we have learned enough about the sport to be able to enjoy and converse among ourselves what we thought about certain competitions and skaters. However, at the end of the day we are still fans. Can you imagine if the NFL started basing their decisions on what their fans/viewers believe and allowing them to sit alongside James Brown and Co. every Sunday?

    I only wish Skate Canada would step up and put as much support behind V&M as USFS and their supporters are giving to D&W. I guess you have that nice guy reputation the Canadians have (although back in the day, the Canadian federation spoke up and then some when it came to B&K and the Russians). All this OTT propaganda and slamming of V&M especially for things that have been openly acknowledged as their strengths is way beyond being uncalled for. I get most federations support their skaters but USFS has hit a new low.

    I do like the Jennifer Swan article though so maybe some are waking up and not leaving V&M to fend for themselves.

    pani, unfortunately I've seen other programs go through the same types of changes as the season progresses. Especially since CoP was introduced. I remember how much I loved DelShoes' "Carnival in Venice" at 2005 Skate America. Then the feedback began and the lifts and some of the little nuances you spoke about in regards to V&M were missing. I have always felt that FD never came off quite the same post Skate America.

    The same happened with Matthews/Zavozin's 2006 Latin OD (compare the Cup of China version to subsequent performances) and B&A's 2006 Flamenco (I always preferred the original ending music to the change at the end of the season).

    Sometimes I wonder how much of the feedback is valid and how much is mindgames with the intent to purposely throw skaters off track.

    One piece of good news is Jennifer Swan being kept on as choreographer next season. We can't control the judges and whatever is in their heads but I was thinking to myself the other day that as long as Ms. Swan is listed as V&M's choreographer, I'm not as worried about what they skate to. It will be fantastic.

    ETA:
    I'm one of those who feels that V&M's training situation is less than optimal but at this late date, Tessa and Scott probably won't be changing coaches (ITA about there not really being anyone else to go to).

  12. #792
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Unfortunately Zoueva did everything tp re-move Swan work from this FD. She know the difference between D-W and V-M and couldnt let V-M to show uniuqe choreo.
    Like she didnt get any chance to Shibs to show there dancing skills and personality, wich they show in exibition number at 4CC. Because Chralie couldnt dance - she cant let to all know about how weak he is.
    So i will be happy if V-M really dont care about gold, but wish to show original "Carmen", but this isnt the case. For V-M its important to show Aunt Joyse they havee good speed in spin
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thanks for the link, its work for me
    They did a little interview in Ilderton SC with Charlie, Joe and Alma anbout how this all will be at WCh in London. They talked about town will be yellow this time. Charlie said canadians will be behind them, like this was in Vancouver.
    Two words from Scott (from Nationals) how this wieek will be great.
    Tessas dad said in Vancouver audience started support them before they step on the ice and this will happened in London.
    Zoueva want Swan and then don't want Swan and then want Swan and now want swan for all public. V-M have such strong team around them and Carmen so hot. This strong teams make them remove all Swan work but Swan keep saying she like her work Where this remove things go? Did swan take this back? V-M are childrens that not have mind of their own because Marina controle them. But this Carmen moves not good for childrens. V-M now make special Carmen for Aunty Joyse
    Why Marina care about Charlie who do not dance? He care about the public babies who sit with him with all other Canadinas. He is not on list of skater

  13. #793

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Carmen Ovsiannikov, thank you for this post

    pani, unfortunately I've seen other programs go through the same types of changes as the season progresses. Especially since CoP was introduced. I remember how much I loved DelShoes' "Carnival in Venice" at 2005 Skate America. Then the feedback began and the lifts and some of the little nuances you spoke about in regards to V&M were missing. I have always felt that FD never came off quite the same post Skate America
    I know And i think the same happened with Isa and Oly "Piano" FD (i think my favorite version from NHK. I was happy they won gold at WCh in 2008, but dont like changes they did before WCh.
    Belbin-Agosto "Chopin" looked more interesting for me at SA.
    D-W "Eleonor Rigby" had new elements before season start and at SA. but then FD was change for made it more easy for skaters.
    With Pechalat-Bourzat FD in 2010, when they put "Reqiem for the dream" and after that FD didnt look good for me.
    With Bovrova-Soloviev FD this season. We saw great FD at russian tests and then TAT said - they need to add "Tosca".
    Plus i think Del-Shon couldnt get gold so long time, because of difficulty of there programs and thats why they could show clean skating only at WCh or ECh, when judges did dissigion already.

    I am happy Tessa and Scott have such great families, who support them with such passion, that they have Maria, who work with them so long and look, like she love them , PJ, who know Scott from age 9 (like i read in D-W thread) and respect them so much (like all other skaters), Swan, who know Tessa from such a young age, Kurt Brauning, who alwayse support them and said - i am there fan.
    They have Patrick, who looked upset at 2011 WCh for them, like they was.
    And this is great Tessa and Scott love all this people and alwayse try to show there best, even when its hard to do.

  14. #794
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    I think icedance/ISU or somebody needs to do some serious housekeeping and and this points out all the things that have plagued the "sport." Why the heck is a legitimate journalist publicly debating someone who is basically a fan (a very biased fan) with a blog?
    Why not? Is PJ really less biased? Given the shifts in media over the past decade, I see nothing wrong with this type of exchange. Granted, I didn't watch it because I find Aunt Joyce a little to self-delightedly bitchy to be really taken seriously, but whatever.

    I only wish Skate Canada would step up and put as much support behind V&M as USFS and their supporters are giving to D&W. I guess you have that nice guy reputation the Canadians have (although back in the day, the Canadian federation spoke up and then some when it came to B&K and the Russians). All this OTT propaganda and slamming of V&M especially for things that have been openly acknowledged as their strengths is way beyond being uncalled for. I get most federations support their skaters but USFS has hit a new low.
    A new low? No, I think federations have done worse. But I will argue that I think SC is re-evaluating it's political decisions now with Patrick Chan's self imposed struggles. And I think if Wagner gets on the podium, USFS will drop ice dance (which they don't really like all that much anyway) like a hot potato.

    pani, unfortunately I've seen other programs go through the same types of changes as the season progresses. Especially since CoP was introduced. I remember how much I loved DelShoes' "Carnival in Venice" at 2005 Skate America. Then the feedback began and the lifts and some of the little nuances you spoke about in regards to V&M were missing. I have always felt that FD never came off quite the same post Skate America.

    The same happened with Matthews/Zavozin's 2006 Latin OD (compare the Cup of China version to subsequent performances) and B&A's 2006 Flamenco (I always preferred the original ending music to the change at the end of the season).

    Sometimes I wonder how much of the feedback is valid and how much is mindgames with the intent to purposely throw skaters off track.
    If the feedback to Carmen was something along the lines of "you will never ever get level four for the 2nd footwork sequence" I could believe it. It might have thrown them off track, but I basically believe it was true. If the feedback was "that exit you do from the Goose lift.... the legality.... grey area" I'd believe it (and in fact, the rule was made more explicit that yes, it was illegal). Ditto the Farrucas ending.

  15. #795
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I haven't seen this posted here. A marvellous read! http://t.co/eZgX0IDIrP
    Thank you for posting this article.

    V/M have tried to take ice dance in a more dance-based direction, but it appears that the ISU does not want it to go that way. So be it. I'm very happy that V/M have tried pushing it in this direction. As the reigning champions, it is their job to show these different possibilities. Well done! I still hope they have as good a performance as can be done, so that in the future, the ISU can perhaps revisit this decision and come to a different conclusion.
    Last edited by sap5; 03-05-2013 at 03:51 PM.

  16. #796
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,801
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    But now Zoueva even took from them Swan
    Remember Marina doesn't only coach ice dancers. Maybe Swan plans to work with Yankowskas/Reagan. Caitlin Yankowskas could do justice to her work.

  17. #797
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    190
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello everyone, I’m a long time figure skating fan who is a huge VM fan and I’ve been following these VM threads for years with appreciation for all your insights.

    Now is the time for me to chime in my opinion, because, I made the mistake of watching the Jenny & what’s his name webcasts about VM – what a bunch of self-important nonsense, right in the same category as DW’s “newfoundconnection”. There is no nuance in their programs, their expression unsophisticated, it’s an all or nothing approach. Posture and body line, though improved are lacking. This is ice-dance folks, interpretation and body line are key.

    Whoa, even though I would have like to say more, I do feel better. I am looking so forward to watching VM at worlds, I know they are going to be super prepared and skate their programs like no one else in the world can even come close to doing. If the ISU doesn't agree, that’s too bad, it will be disappointing, but it can never take away from their performances and what they have brought to figure skating.

  18. #798
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    Whoa, even though I would have like to say more, I do feel better. I am looking so forward to watching VM at worlds, I know they are going to be super prepared and skate their programs like no one else in the world can even come close to doing. If the ISU doesn't agree, that’s too bad, it will be disappointing, but it can never take away from their performances and what they have brought to figure skating.
    Thanks Volunteer my opinion exactly. Welcome to FSU!

  19. #799
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I am happy Tessa and Scott have such great families, who support them with such passion, that they have Maria, who work with them so long and look, like she love them , PJ, who know Scott from age 9 (like i read in D-W thread) and respect them so much (like all other skaters), Swan, who know Tessa from such a young age, Kurt Brauning, who alwayse support them and said - i am there fan.
    They have Patrick, who looked upset at 2011 WCh for them, like they was.
    And this is great Tessa and Scott love all this people and alwayse try to show there best, even when its hard to do.
    Well said, Pani.

    Like the rest of you I am heartbroken with how the season is turning out especially since this is the best FD I have seen in a long time.
    However, we will all be there cheering for them in a sea of yellow. I have asked for the shirts but just in case I dont get them on time I will take a yellow polo neck and sweatshirt with me to wear. If not the victory they will get the acclamation.

  20. #800
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    135
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    Hello everyone, I’m a long time figure skating fan who is a huge VM fan and I’ve been following these VM threads for years with appreciation for all your insights.

    Now is the time for me to chime in my opinion, because, I made the mistake of watching the Jenny & what’s his name webcasts about VM – what a bunch of self-important nonsense, right in the same category as DW’s “newfoundconnection”. There is no nuance in their programs, their expression unsophisticated, it’s an all or nothing approach. Posture and body line, though improved are lacking. This is ice-dance folks, interpretation and body line are key.

    Whoa, even though I would have like to say more, I do feel better. I am looking so forward to watching VM at worlds, I know they are going to be super prepared and skate their programs like no one else in the world can even come close to doing. If the ISU doesn't agree, that’s too bad, it will be disappointing, but it can never take away from their performances and what they have brought to figure skating.
    Hi volunteer! I'm a newbie here too. Welcome!

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •