Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    Jennifer Swan is so brilliant. It was interesting to read that there were things that wowed them on the floor but didn't work on ice. What I wouldn't give to have videos of the off-ice training. It's really such a shame that the documentary was filmed last year not this year.

pani, I get what you're saying. The standard of ice dance is really going down the tubes and it's depressing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    She said - in future with other people, but now with Marinas skaters.
    Could SC pay to Swan for not working with USA skaters beore 2014 OG?
    What other teams does Marina have aside from V&M, D&W and Shibs? I would like V&M to have Swan for themselves until after Sochi.

vCash
    I really love Jennifer Swan! Also I got the impression that they already know what they're doing for the Olympic season…any guesses everybody?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    What other teams does Marina have aside from V&M, D&W and Shibs? I would like V&M to have Swan for themselves until after Sochi.
    But she already said, she will work with others. Plus now VM coudnt change coaches even if they will want, because even Swan now is a part of Zoueva group.

vCash
    Ok. But I am still curious what other teams she has aside from those three.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I really love Jennifer Swan! Also I got the impression that they already know what they're doing for the Olympic season…any guesses everybody?
    I have the same impression. She said, they want play in safe, so maybe they choose direction of FD for OG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I
    pani, I get what you're saying. The standard of ice dance is really going down the tubes and it's depressing.
    Thank you. Sometime I think I am along with this.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Aronow/Brubaker off the top of my head. She also has several junior teams.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Swan works with D/W. To start, there's her longtime relationship with V/M. Also, she expressed a wish to work with teams who are more interested in actually dancing in their programs.

I’m interested in working with people who are interested in dancing their skating programs, essentially. Who are interested in imbuing their skating programs with dance and communicating messages.”
    I don't think D/W's style is quite what she's into.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Well it would be amusing though to hear all the people who bashed Carmen do a complete 180 if she choregraphed for them.

vCash
    Ok. But I am still curious what other teams she has aside from those three.
    Aaronov Brubaker, Hasegavas
    The funnist thing is Zoueva did experiment on VM and look how this work and then use It for others.

vCash
    Well it would be amusing though to hear all the people who bashed Carmen do a complete 180 if she choregraphed for them.
    Yes. And like always DW programs will be amazing and VM worst ever. Maybe we need to send letter to SC -don't touch Swan before OG? :-)

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    They'd change their tune so fast that heads would be spinning.

I'll be very surprised if it happens though. D/W have too many things they need to disguise to attempt to do something like what Swan does for V/M.

vCash
    Jennifer Swan is so brilliant. It was interesting to read that there were things that wowed them on the floor but didn't work on ice. What I wouldn't give to have videos of the off-ice training. It's really such a shame that the documentary was filmed last year not this year.

Yes, I agree.

That bugged me at Nationals, because there was such a gap between the quality of V/M's skating and that of G/P and O/W, but the marking didn't properly reward those differences. Also, the sophistication of V/M's programs was so much higher. I was glad to see Carol Lane in the K&C clapping for Tessa and Scott as they took their starting position for the FD...she was standing up for them and holding her hands up high as she clapped...she has a great British ice dance background and was giving them recognition.

Plus I felt badly for P/I who had errors yes, but again had wonderful dance qualities and some excellent choreo, especially in the short dance. They are ice dancers in a classic sense, but will they get anywhere with the way others are being rewarded in the current ice dance environment?

vCash
    I know, i am bothering you all, but still cant understand, why you discusse D-W in V-M thread. Every time i open this thread i hope to find V-M news, but no - maybe D-W thread didnt have enough place
    what happened?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Yes, I agree.

That bugged me at Nationals, because there was such a gap between the quality of V/M's skating and that of G/P and O/W, but the marking didn't properly reward those differences. Also, the sophistication of V/M's programs was so much higher. I was glad to see Carol Lane in the K&C clapping for Tessa and Scott as they took their starting position for the FD...she was standing up for them and holding her hands up high as she clapped...she has a great British ice dance background and was giving them recognition.

Plus I felt badly for P/I who had errors yes, but again had wonderful dance qualities and some excellent choreo, especially in the short dance. They are ice dancers in a classic sense, but will they get anywhere with the way others are being rewarded in the current ice dance environment?
    I've privately wondered for the past season whether Carol Lane would be an option for them. I know it won't happen and from that Swan article V&M aren't going anywhere but I've felt that may be the only option for them, train away from their main competitor and Lane's teams tend to get their levels.

vCash
    I think people do a 180 as soon as the judges hand out the marks. Even fans were weary of Notre Dame until it got showered with those marks.

vCash
    I have the same impression. She said, they want play in safe, so maybe they choose direction of FD for OG
    I actually didn't get that impression. I hope they don't do something like Mahler again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I actually didn't get that impression. I hope they don't do something like Mahler again!
    Sorry, I want to say, they DON't want to play safe.
    But I still think Mahler is perfection.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if Swan works with D/W. To start, there's her longtime relationship with V/M. Also, she expressed a wish to work with teams who are more interested in actually dancing in their programs.

I don't think D/W's style is quite what she's into.
    OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH

vCash
    Sorry, I want to say, they DON't want to play safe.
    But I still think Mahler is perfection.
    It absolutely is! That's why I wouldn't like to see another version of it. I can't believe next season is their last.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast