Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    i dont hear a baby crying?
    It starts around 1:34, I think, in the background. Turn up your speakers. It's definitely a kid crying.

YEAH!
    vCash
    The Shibutanis may not have gotten the same reaction to their re-start, but there are other factors at play besides V&M hate. They were skating at a Grand Prix, not a championship, and they finished 4th where they should have been contending for silver. V&M won a championship silver and a lot of people think they should be behind D&W even if they skate clean (a position with which I vehemently disagree of course, but I guess it's not unreasonable considering GPF), so to them, V&M did not lose anything and it doesn't seem like they were penalized enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    The Shibutanis may not have gotten the same reaction to their re-start, but there are other factors at play besides V&M hate. They were skating at a Grand Prix, not a championship, and they finished 4th where they should have been contending for silver. V&M won a championship silver and a lot of people think they should be behind D&W even if they skate clean (a position with which I vehemently disagree of course, but I guess it's not unreasonable considering GPF), so to them, V&M did not lose anything and it doesn't seem like they were penalized enough.
    And they don't think they were penalized enough because it was V/M. That's the sole reason they're whining like they are. I'm serious: If it had been any other team, this would not be happening. This rule has been around forever. There wasn't controversy until it was V/M that had to stop. So, yes, it's specifically about V/M and not about the rule. They're just latching on to this to trash V/M more than they usually do.

vCash
    Guys, but after JWCh, where Papadakis-Cizeron from France, FSUers startted thread about must skaters have dedaction for stop or no.
    Of course part of the people, who was angry on T-S will have different opinion, if it was D-W, but i dont think this is most part of the FS fans.
    My only hope is Tessa will be strong enough to skate both programs from the begining to the end. And will enjoy every minute in Davis home town
    And i think perfomance at Nationals were near to perfect and hope they will made this second time at WCh
    Wish to know, who will be in technical pannel at WCh.

This rule has been around forever.
    Second year in row.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Second year in row.
    There have been rules about stops going back for at least several decades. G/G were disqualified at Euros in 87 because they didn't stop when they were supposed to. They changed to their being a penalty for a few years, but then changed it back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    There have been rules about stops going back for at least several decades. G/G were disqualified at Euros in 87 because they didn't stop when they were supposed to. They changed to their being a penalty for a few years, but then changed it back.
    I know. But then for the stop skaters had dedaction an rules was change 2 years ago.

vCash
    I know. But then for the stop skaters had dedaction an rules was change 2 years ago.
    I don't think there was always the deduction. There was a deduction for a period of time there, and, yes, that was changed 2 years ago.

ETA: I just don't think the real issue here at all is the rule. The issue is that it was V/M. That's why it's a big deal.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    I don't think there was always the deduction. There was a deduction for a period of time there, and, yes, that was changed 2 years ago.

ETA: I just don't think the real issue here at all is the rule. The issue is that it was V/M. That's why it's a big deal.
    i guess people just cant grasp that v/m are still winning even while skating with a disadvantage

vCash
    Guys, but after JWCh, where Papadakis-Cizeron from France, FSUers startted thread about must skaters have dedaction for stop or no.
    Of course part of the people, who was angry on T-S will have different opinion, if it was D-W, but i dont think this is most part of the FS fans.
    The remaining part of FSU discussing the topic at length might well be Stepanova/Bukin supporters.

No, the Shibs didn't get nearly this much grief. Like I said in another thread, the stoppage rules have been in effect for decades now. Other skaters throughout the years have gotten sympathy and admiration for bravely continuing on to finish their programs. Yet, when V/M stop, it's all of a sudden rightous outrage about the rule. Again, repeating myself, if it had been D/W or any other team, these people would all be singing an entirely different tune.

I also think V/M took a hit in their PCS. This ties to what I think a lot of the real reason behind the outrage is. V/M were on fire before they had to stop. They had won that SD and they were winning the FD when Tessa's leg cramped up. Someone looked at the protocols and for the elements V/M did before the stop, they had out GOE'd D/W on the same sort of elements. I think they were on their way to a monster score. I think it's the realization, perhaps only subconscioius, that V/M really are that good (i.e. that much better than D/W)--that they could have a stop and only finish 3 points behind D/W--that has everyone's knickers in a twist. They don't want to think about what that score would have been without the stop.
    Great points, aka_gerbil. Totally agree with you.

I guess what I am trying to say is that sometimes it is very wearying reading all the anti-V/M by the same posters (often times) who say the same thing over and over again in multiple topics. It's going to be a long couple of weeks, maybe even a long month if you're a V/M fan, especially if they win Worlds. If that happens, I can already hear the reasons why they won and D/W were screwed from the get go.
    professordeb, would Tessa and Scott win Worlds, not even a million hateful posts against them could ever take the gold medal away from them and that's what matters at the end of the day.

vCash
    The remaining part of FSU discussing the topic at length might well be Stepanova/Bukin supporters.
    I think mist part of this posters was upet for A-E. who was only third with clean skating in FD.
    And P-C had mistakes before stop.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    http://www.thewhig.com/2013/03/04/pu...ovation-on-ice

“It’s important to be real and not always just polite,” Bourne said.
    next time someone complains about scott's comments at gpf and wtt im going to tell them this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    http://www.thewhig.com/2013/03/04/pu...ovation-on-ice

next time someone complains about scott's comments at gpf and wtt im going to tell them this
    I just saw this on FB (thanks to Carola for posting it). It's funny because the first lines or so seems like a response to the discussion that occurred on FF the last couple of days.

Can someone explain what hydroblading is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Can someone explain what hydroblading is?
    For example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...e5GAjTec#t=50s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...e5GAjTec#t=74s

A lot off hydrobalndinge (when she or he skate on blade and there bodies is close to the ice)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1_uYCnFIeM

vCash
    For example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...e5GAjTec#t=50s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...e5GAjTec#t=74s

A lot off hydrobalndinge (when she or he skate on blade and there bodies is close to the ice)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1_uYCnFIeM
    Oh I see. Thank you!

vCash
    I haven't seen this posted here. A marvellous read! http://t.co/eZgX0IDIrP

vCash
    Interesting interview with Jennifer Swan
    http://fantasiaandfugue.blogspot.com...work-with.html

"What we have tried to do, and I think what is exciting and what people are responding to," she notes, "is that we have not focused on the elements, but rather the connective tissue between the elements. The connective tissue meaning, when other teams perhaps may be skating from element to element, our focus has been that we’re actually dancing through and we happen to have elements."
    Good words about Paul-Islam

"You can certainly see that there is an intent to create, I think, more complex, more interesting stories and I think some teams were certainly more successful than not with that," she says. “One of the elements that I love is how woven the music is for Scott and Tessa, and the couple that placed fourth [Alexandra Paul and Mitchell Islam] – they had some beautiful music, and what I enjoy is when we stick with the same genre of music and find those musical moments in a piece as opposed to three different soundbites that are all different,” she notes. “They definitely have a stronger dance flow, I would say, than others. Without question.”
    But she is also excited to continue her work with Virtue and Moir into the Olympic season – though she’ll have to remain mum for now on any program details.
    Love this!

“Marina has asked me to work with a few others on her team,” she notes, a process for which she's beginning to prepare. “And I would be very open to working in this venue, in the future, again, with other people. I’m interested in working with people who are interested in dancing their skating programs, essentially. Who are interested in imbuing their skating programs with dance and communicating messages.”
    Hate this. Why V-M agree with this? Why they couldnt have someone only for them?

Davis bought Swan too, like London press?
    Sorry, but now i will explane my point. Without judges gave such marks to D-W, we wil see Carmen at WCh with all that ineteresting things in step sequences, with this amazing first position in spin, when Scott look at Tessas face But V-M want to win and need to made FD more generic. This made me sad, because of D-W i will not see this peice of art Of couse this still the best FD, but not like it was at SC. Sorry.
    And when i watched some young dancers i notice, like so many girls try to copy Meryl body positions, Papadakis try to copy Tanith posture... This is depressing. D-W destroyed ice dance.
    Sorry, but sometines its good to be reall.
    This is amazing interview. And Swan could made good job for ice dance.
    Last edited by pani; 03-04-2013 at 10:10 PM.

vCash
    Interesting interview with Jennifer Swan
    http://fantasiaandfugue.blogspot.com...work-with.html

Good words about Paul-Islam

Love this!

Hate this. Why V-M agree with this? Why they couldnt have someone only for them?

Sorry, but now i will explane my point. Without judges gave such marks to D-W, we wil see Carmen at WCh with all that inetersting things in step sequences, with this amazing first position in spin, when Scott look at Tessas face But V-M want to win and need to made FD more generic. This made me sad, because because of D-W i will not see this peice of art Of couse this still the best FD, but not like it was at SC. Sorry.
    An when want some young dancers i notice, like so many girls try to copy Meryl body positions, Papadakis try to copy Tanith posture... This is depressing. D-W destroyed ice dance.
    This is amazing interview. And Swanculd made good job for ice dance.
    Davis buy full Canada last week. this not make it in london press yet. Her family now proud owner of V-M, Swan, Goose liftes, bieber carley rae jepsen and skate canada

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    Davis buy full Canada last week. this not make it in london press yet. Her family now proud owner of V-M, Swan, Goose liftes, bieber carley rae jepsen and skate canada
    I know, i sound like throll maybe this time, but could you, please, stop posting in this thread at least untill the end of WCh?

vCash

Sorry, but now i will explane my point. Without judges gave such marks to D-W, we wil see Carmen at WCh with all that ineteresting things in step sequences, with this amazing first position in spin, when Scott look at Tessas face But V-M want to win and need to made FD more generic. This made me sad, because of D-W i will not see this peice of art Of couse this still the best FD, but not like it was at SC. Sorry.
    And when i watched some young dancers i notice, like so many girls try to copy Meryl body positions, Papadakis try to copy Tanith posture... This is depressing. D-W destroyed ice dance.
    This is amazing interview. And Swan could made good job for ice dance.
    I didn't get the feeling she would be working with D&W. She said Marina asked her to work with others on her team and that she would be open to it in the future but she seems focused on working with V&M for the Olympic season. That's my impression.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I didn't get the feeling she would be working with D&W. She said Marina asked her to work with others on her team and that she would be open to it in the future but she seems focused on working with V&M for the Olympic season. That's my impression.
    She said - in future with other people, but now with Marinas skaters.
    Could SC pay to Swan for not working with USA skaters beore 2014 OG?

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast